• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK & Chef Mickey & Illumination Cruise - too much for 1 day?

Tiggerish

DIS Veteran
I think I may have too much planned for my nephew's 3rd birthday. I thought we could start out at the Magic Kingdom in the AM and get his birthday button and do Fantasyland and Toontown. Then back to POR for an afternoon break. I have 5:45 PM dinner PS for Chef Mickey's. Then I was going to try an snag an Illumination Cruise for a big bang conclusion to his special day. But I don''t want to overrwhelm him and do not have any chldren so have nothing to measure by.

Also he will be the ONLY child and accompanied by 8 adults including both sets of grandparents.

I think if he has an afternoon sleep he may be alright, let him sleep as long as he likes that afternoon. You could also try just doing toontown and leave fantasyland for another day. Toontown would probably take up a full morning anyway. HTH

What about a early Ps for Cheif Mickey for breakfast and then enjoy the day at MK? After that nice long break you could grab something to eat at the food court before the cruise. It so depends on the child. Cheif Mickey can get any child very hyper, not something you want for the cruise. Most toddlers also eat breakfast foods well and might do better with the two wonderful treats spread out a little. Only kids(I have one) tend to do great with adults and I bet you all have the time of your life.Lucky little boy!!!

jordan's mom

I would stick with the morning at MK. I much prefer the mornings in Fantasyland and Toontown over the afternoons. Could you maybe do Chef Mickey's for lunch? (Do they do lunch?) That way you could have a nice rest time and then get in a couple small things before the cruise.

We did an Illuminations Cruise when my daughter was almost 3 - she still remembers being on the boat to see the fireworks. You can read my whole day on it if you'd like. You'll find this day on Sept. 21
http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/trip.rpt/report_files/wdwtr00/maeurer00.htm

For my DD's birthday last year that's what we did. We started off the day at Cindy's for breakfast, explored the MK, went to the room and rested, went to dinner, then caught a bus to get our Illuminations cruise. It worked out pretty well. But she was 6, I'm not sure about a 3 year old.

Thanks for the suggestions and opinions. Fate stepped in and resolved the question - - was not able to book the cruise for that night. But was sucessful for the next night. So the birthday celebration will just take place over two days.

Hey Tig,

I'm sure you already caught this tip but don't forget to pick up that "It's My Birthday" Button when you get to the MK!

You are a fabulous planner! Have a great time.

As you said, it work itself out ~

Our 2 year old ds was great late at night, as long as he had a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.

One day, we went to AK by 9am ~ HOT HOT HOT day! ds was cranky. We left AK about 2pm. After a swim, he crashed about 3:30pm-4pm and slept until 6pm. He woke up all refreshed and ready to go! We had a great night at Epcot watching Illuminations! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter