MK Day 1 Plan

Kevin Chalmers

Earning My Ears
Thanks to those who have commented on my AK plan. I'd like some feedback on my Day 1 MK plan. We plan on taking 3 days in MK so that we do not rush too much and avoid backtracking through the park (we just scored the BoG dinner, so that threw a monkey wrench into the plans a bit). As I mentioned on the previous AK post, we are fortunate to have many anytime FP because we had to reschedule due to Irma, so that is why you will see more than the 3 FP entries.

We are a family of 6 with 3 adults and 3 kids (6, 4, 4). Only one is >44" and she will ride any roller coaster.

Sunday, Jan 21

Pirates - 9am FP
Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets
BTMR - 10am FP
Haunted Mansion - Anytime FP
Peter Pan - 11am FP
Quick Lunch, possibly Columbia House
Tom Sawyer Island
BTMR - Anytime FP
Pirates - Anytime FP
Jungle Cruise ??
Swiss Family Treehouse
BOG Dinner - 4:05pm
Small World - Anytime FP
Peter Pan - Anytime FP
Fireworks Dessert Party - 6:45

Of course, within there, we will try to hit the Jamboree and other things in Adventure/Frontierland. The kids may not be keen on meeting characters, but if they do, we'll try to see Peter Pan, Jasmine/Aladdin, Mary Poppins. Since we have the anytime FP, we will also try to get 4th/5th FP after PP at 11am and move those anytime FP to another day. We'll be back toward 7DMT on Thursday, so we can move PP and Small World to there, if needed.

Anyhow, thoughts?? Touring Plans seems to think the plan is doable with average waiting vs walking and relaxed walking.

I may be wrong, but I don’t think you’d need a FP for Pirates that early in the morning, especially if the parks open at 9. Might be useful if they open at 7 or something. Maybe use that FP for something you are currently using an anytime FP for which would free up an anytime FP for something else.

Unless jungle cruise is a big favorite of your family, I’d replace the repeat visit with something else in the area. At your kids ages they might enjoy doing the Pirate Adventure scavenger hunt game.

I may be wrong, but I don’t think you’d need a FP for Pirates that early in the morning, especially if the parks open at 9. Might be useful if they open at 7 or something. Maybe use that FP for something you are currently using an anytime FP for which would free up an anytime FP for something else.

Unless jungle cruise is a big favorite of your family, I’d replace the repeat visit with something else in the area. At your kids ages they might enjoy doing the Pirate Adventure scavenger hunt game.

Thanks, nighttowll. Unless we change plans, we basically have FP for every ride we want to do that day except for JC and MC in the early AM....pretty sure we won't need a FP for those either.:earsboy: Regarding Jungle Cruise, it's the one request of the DW and M-i-L to ride this more than once as well as Pirates....so....

Also, just to be clear, the Anytime FP are for specific rides, not any ride. They basically gave us a FP for every ride we had scheduled with a FP from our cancelled trip in September.

Thanks for the clarification. Based on that, your plan looks great. You can definitely do all that easily and more with all those FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter