• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK days

katyringo

DIS Veteran
I know I got some time, but this is my current thought.

we are going October 17-25th with 7 full days to play with. We for sure want a rest day. So 6 full park days. Probably 2 at MK, and maybe the second full day at HS. We don’t plan on hoppers.

we wont be attending a Halloween party.

I’m concerned about our MK days being miserable. Because I will try to plan them on non party days.... the same as the everyone else lol.

maybe our second MK day could be a party day. Are the lower crowds worth giving up the hours in the park?

Thought on the hopper? I just don’t feel the $$ is worth it, but maybe it is.

Mind if I ask the makeup and ages of your group?

I would do one party day at MK to take advantage of marginally lower morning and daytime crowds and a second MK day on a non-party day so you can catch the evening shows and longer hours (assuming you are interested in those).

I personally think park hoppers would be beneficial during party season and for such long trip where you may be inclined to mix/match more than one park each day, but that’s just me and how we tend to spend our time in the parks.

Mind if I ask the makeup and ages of your group?

I would do one party day at MK to take advantage of marginally lower morning and daytime crowds and a second MK day on a non-party day so you can catch the evening shows and longer hours (assuming you are interested in those).

I personally think park hoppers would be beneficial during party season and for such long trip where you may be inclined to mix/match more than one park each day, but that’s just me and how we tend to spend our time in the parks.

husband and I and a 4 year old girl and 8 year old boy.

We went that week in 2017. The party days at MK were the BEST and a massively noticeable difference between those days and the non-party days. Absolutely worth making that one of your MK days (IMO). With kids those ages, I would do MK until you get kicked out for the party and then plan a restful evening, especially since you can do the nighttime MK offerings on your other MK full day. Never underestimate the joy of returning to your resort around dinnertime and having pool time and an early bedtime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter