MK Early morning plan too ambitious?

amycakes

DIS Veteran
We have a PPO breakfast at BOG on Saturday, May 4th and the park is scheduled to open at 9am. Would we be able to ride 7DMT, PP, Jungle Cruise and POTC prior to our BTMR FP @10 ? My FP is actually from 9:05-10:05 so hoping to do 7D and PP then head over to JC and follow the loop :)

Thanks!

What time is breakfast booked for? I think it would be very tight even if you had an 8:00 AM ADR.
It is at 8am... thanks for your input.

Maybe I will just try for Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise. I have a FP for 7DMT later but it is a favourite so I was going to try to squeeze it in. Just being greedy lol. Back tracking from BTMR to POTC isn’t a dealbreaker . I looked on the maps but sometimes it’s just hard to remember how long the ride is and how long it takes to walk between rides. I’m getting too old to be jetting around! Haha

Possible but I wouldn’t count on it. It really depends on the wait for 7DMT. If the wait is super short it’s doable. If it ends up being 20-30 min you’re going to get to PP and the line will possibly be long there by that time too.

We have a PPO breakfast at BOG on Saturday, May 4th and the park is scheduled to open at 9am. Would we be able to ride 7DMT, PP, Jungle Cruise and POTC prior to our BTMR FP @10 ? My FP is actually from 9:05-10:05 so hoping to do 7D and PP then head over to JC and follow the loop :)

Thanks!
You might be able to do the three others if you skip 7DMT. Pre order your breakfast online to save a lot of time in line at BoG. Plan to get to BoG at 8am no matter what time your PPO ADR is, which means getting to MK by 7:30 to be near the front of the PPO group. Leave BoG at 8:45 to line up for PP. Enjoy!

Thanks!

I think I would do 7DMT, then PP and then use the FP+. As soon as you tap in, you could look for a FP for either JC or POC to make your touring as efficient as possible.

We rope dropped JC this past week and the wait was about 15 minutes right away (we didn’t run, so we weren’t front of the pack, and we had a stroller to park, so it would be possible to do better than that, but the line built FAST). We had 10:20 breakfast at CP and I think we got through JC, Pirates, and flying carpets in that window. You could probably do one fantasyland ride and the two Adventureland ones in time, but I think hitting all of that would require some luck and very fast feet.

By the time you get off 7DMT, which will be easy to get on because of the BOG PPO queue, PP will be a LONG wait because the RD crowd will have bum rushed it already.

I think if you skip PP and head for JC and POTC, and the standby line gods favor you that day, you should be fine.

You also have appx. 15 mins to be late to your FP at BTMR. Although last trip I heard a CM say, "just be on time next time :)".

Last edited:
Ok so I’ll get on 7DMT before RD (hopefully) and then head to JC . I really would like to get JC in because we have a reservation for dinner at Skippers Canteen so I really want to soak up all the corny jokes I can :goodvibes

I will try to get a FP later for PP... :thumbsup2

Always be prepared for a possible change in park hours to an 8am. Happened to me 3 separate times on the first Saturday in May and I had to ditch my PPO breakfasts in favor of touring time.

Always be prepared for a possible change in park hours to an 8am. Happened to me 3 separate times on the first Saturday in May and I had to ditch my PPO breakfasts in favor of touring time.
Omg that would change things up! Yup... I would be cancelling that breakfast for sure! Thanks!

Not likely that will work. If you are out of breakfast by 8:45 and one of the first to 7DMT, the line to PP most likely will be long.
If you skip PP and go to JC, then pirates, it might work, but not likely.
Depending on the time, after JC, you may need to go to BTMRR, then back to pirates.
If you can move the FP to 10:30, that makes the plan much more doable.

Thanks!
Possible but not likely. That said, prioritize that list so you can take advantage of any opportunity that comes up. One year we blew through a ton of rides in the first hour in the park. I was amazed. We just jumped on anything with a short wait that we didn't want to FP as we came upon it. Worked out great - so keep an open mind. You just might bang through a bunch of those rides if you're lucky.

Not likely that will work. If you are out of breakfast by 8:45 and one of the first to 7DMT, the line to PP most likely will be long.
If you skip PP and go to JC, then pirates, it might work, but not likely.
Depending on the time, after JC, you may need to go to BTMRR, then back to pirates.
If you can move the FP to 10:30, that makes the plan much more doable.
My FP for Splash is right after so I will still be in the neighbourhood:)

Possible but not likely. That said, prioritize that list so you can take advantage of any opportunity that comes up. One year we blew through a ton of rides in the first hour in the park. I was amazed. We just jumped on anything with a short wait that we didn't want to FP as we came upon it. Worked out great - so keep an open mind. You just might bang through a bunch of those rides if you're lucky.
I wanna be lucky!!

Possible but tight. Just got back for a Friday EMH Rope drop. We were towards the front and off 7dmt by about 812. Wait for PP already said 45 minutes- wasn’t that long but we probably got off PP at 845-850. 50 minutes after park opening I would think you would be lucky to ride poc or jc under 20 minutes. I do think that using ur fp after the 2 fantasy land rides and and try to tap and modify may be your best bet

If you already have a FP for 7DMT, I'd go for Peter Pan in the morning. It can be hard to get a fast pass for that later in the day (I am someone who tries to use a fast pass for every ride I go on by constantly modifying and moving down my times after I swipe in with my first fp). Jungle Cruise, someone correct me if I'm wrong, is easy to get a fast pass for later in the day, so I wouldn't try to use valuable morning time on that. Plus, as someone mentioned, Jungle Cruise is a long ride. A side note, if you are just doing BOG for the quick access to park, you can just get a cupcake for 4.99. You don't need to buy a $30 breakfast. If you just eat a cupcake you would be in and out of there more quickly. If you are going to enjoy the food and the ambiance, then go ahead and order a meal. We were out of there about 8:50, and there was already a considerable line for 7DMT. The line was probably about a 10-15 minute wait, which was fine. But that 10 minutes gives PP enough time to fill up and that line is so slow moving because there's not as many sets of boats for people to load onto.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter