MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Also, why would Magic Kingdom need to be the park that opens at 8 AM all month? Wouldn't it make more sense to have Hollywood Studios open early all month to let more folks experience SW:GE?

They are expecting large crowds. People planning for GE are going to want to hit the other parks, too. They also can't guarantee everyone will get into GE every day, so they have to go somewhere.

They are expecting large crowds. People planning for GE are going to want to hit the other parks, too. They also can't guarantee everyone will get into GE every day, so they have to go somewhere.
I guess they are trying to preemptively distract you from going to HS by opening MK earlier. If MK is open, you might not even head over to HS.

I’m booked on September 3. Has anyone received any calls for that date? I hope this “I’m sorry” offer stands if it is canceled. I’m honestly surprised they would do anything.

I’m booked on September 3. Has anyone received any calls for that date? I hope this “I’m sorry” offer stands if it is canceled. I’m honestly surprised they would do anything.
I am booked for 9/17, haven’t heard anything yet.

Booked for September 3 as well. Haven’t been contacted by anyone yet and the reservation is still there in MDE. Hope the offer stands as well.

I’m booked for 9/1 and have not heard a thing.

All :)

Maybe check breakfast times at CP and the plaza that date. They would not apply it to my exisiting BOG lunch booking or backup Boma breakfast.

I hadn’t considered either and felt flustered deciding. I ended up going with CP at 10:30 over the plaza at 9 on the CMs suggestion. But it was nearly 10pm here and I’d fallen asleep so not my best!

Also from reading a thread from last year the “sorry magic” varied.
Thanks for the tip!

I just got a call from Disney re: my 9/1 EMM booking and they told me it has been cancelled due to a scheduling conflict, they will be having EHM that morning instead. They provided excellent compensation though. I'm getting a refund (obviously) plus a free breakfast (I had the choice between Crystal Palace and Plaza - I chose CP) and 8 fastpasses for each member of my party to use all day at MK on the 8 attractions that are part of EMM (I can use them any way I want for those 8 attraction, i.e. I could ride Mine Train 8 times if I want). I'm super stoked because I had booked 1 extra EMM for my week unsure which morning to keep and they have made the decision for mean and I'm getting a free meal and a bunch of fastpasses. Plus, it won't interfere with me booking my 3 normal fastpasses for that day, so I will have 11 in total. I'm stoked.

I was checking everyday for 9-24 for a while but I gave up. I'll hear on here as soon as/if it happens anyway.

I just got a call from Disney re: my 9/1 EMM booking and they told me it has been cancelled due to a scheduling conflict, they will be having EHM that morning instead. They provided excellent compensation though. I'm getting a refund (obviously) plus a free breakfast (I had the choice between Crystal Palace and Plaza - I chose CP) and 8 fastpasses for each member of my party to use all day at MK on the 8 attractions that are part of EMM (I can use them any way I want for those 8 attraction, i.e. I could ride Mine Train 8 times if I want). I'm super stoked because I had booked 1 extra EMM for my week unsure which morning to keep and they have made the decision for mean and I'm getting a free meal and a bunch of fastpasses. Plus, it won't interfere with me booking my 3 normal fastpasses for that day, so I will have 11 in total. I'm stoked.
I guess I should expect a call soon. They don’t have many times available for the restaurants though so they need to hurry up and call.

For those who didn’t follow the thread at the time, this is pretty reminiscent of last year when they cancelled a few dates in the fall. To their credit, Disney usually has a good track record of ‘making it up’ to guests for the inconvenience, as seems to be the case again now.

I remember when the CM called me last year, I didn’t want anything other than a refund (nothing else offered really worked with our plans) - he was practically begging me to give him ‘something’ that they could do to make up for it.

While no consolation to those whose plans are impacted, I am super curious to see what’s in store for the park calendar. Other park EMHs / earlier hours for SWGE overflow?

If the EMH info is true, giving up up-charge revenue for regular park revenue should either make us all appreciative, or scared to death! :crowded::crowded::crowded:

I guess I should expect a call soon. They don’t have many times available for the restaurants though so they need to hurry up and call.

ETA: actually there were several times. I just wasn’t searching correctly. Also I just booked EMM for our June trip to compensate. We were doing a PPO BOG anyway so now, we’ll just have the full EMM experience.

How do they even award anytime FP when the date is so far away and we don’t even have tickets loaded yet? Do they just automatically appear in MDE for everyone on that date?

Right? I booked 9/3 as soon as it was available too so you’d think I’d get a call in the first round.

Wow, that is some good compensation as far as I am concerned. I guess mine will be cancelled also since it is on September 24th. I will let others know if/when mine is cancelled also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter