MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I purchased our EMM tickets and now I am having second thoughts.

This is our first Disney Vacation and we are so nervous. We really don't know how things work. I am afraid that we will get there and be totally lost and lose time because we don't know anything. Is it something I can do to prepare for EMM? Any tips, thoughts, ideas? TIA!

This is our first Disney Vacation and we are so nervous. We really don't know how things work. I am afraid that we will get there and be totally lost and lose time because we don't know anything. Is it something I can do to prepare for EMM? Any tips, thoughts, ideas? TIA!

This whole thread is an answer to your questions. Go to the first post, the reviews are all linked.

Watch YouTube videos.

You said you read reviews already, so I would pay attention to the times people mention in theirs. Those reviews are full of strategy, so maybe go through them again and adopt those as your own.

Also, check out a map of Fantasyland online.

Watch YouTube videos.

You said you read reviews already, so I would pay attention to the times people mention in theirs. Those reviews are full of strategy, so maybe go through them again and adopt those as your own.

Also, check out a map of Fantasyland online.

I will def look online for maps. Thank you.

Is the EMM your first day? If not, spend some time at MK another day so you at least know the lay of the land. If that's not possible, time to study the maps. :) Honestly, the ticketed events are not usually crowded, and your family might be (hopefully will be!) in a first-time fog of bliss, not stress. Just go and let yourself figure out your own ideas about the experience. Who cares if you "lose" a little time? I know the extra money can be daunting, but if you already bought the tickets, try to lean in and enjoy the morning for what it is. :cheer2:

Is the EMM your first day? If not, spend some time at MK another day so you at least know the lay of the land. If that's not possible, time to study the maps. :) Honestly, the ticketed events are not usually crowded, and your family might be (hopefully will be!) in a first-time fog of bliss, not stress. Just go and let yourself figure out your own ideas about the experience. Who cares if you "lose" a little time? I know the extra money can be daunting, but if you already bought the tickets, try to lean in and enjoy the morning for what it is. :cheer2:

Yes, our very first park day will be EMM. I have order some maps to study. Your advice was great. Just go with the flow.

How long does the walk take from the front entrance to Fantasyland?

I'm going to take a stab at it and say maybe 15 minutes? It's been awhile since I've been, I know someone else has a better idea.

And HEY!!!! You'll be there a day before me and my son! You coming in on June 1st?

I'm going to take a stab at it and say maybe 15 minutes? It's been awhile since I've been, I know someone else has a better idea.

And HEY!!!! You'll be there a day before me and my son! You coming in on June 1st?

So we will make it to Fantasyland at 8:00am if we get to the entrance at 7:45?

We will arrive June 1, first park day is June 2.

So we will make it to Fantasyland at 8:00am if we get to the entrance at 7:45?

We will arrive June 1, first park day is June 2.

Let's wait and see if someone else just there has better knowledge than me, but it NEVER hurts to be too early than too late. You ALWAYS want to be at the front of the crowd.

We arrive on June 2nd and that is also our first park day! I'm driving in, from the Panhandle here in FL and the trip is only 5 hours 46 minutes. We're going to leave at 4am. I made our first FP at AK at noon. We should be able to walk into the parks by 11:30 at the latest.
I was going to change our park days around to do the EMM at MK on Tuesday, but at the point I thought about it, I'd already made our FPs and didn't want to try and move things around considering at the time Mine Train only had late afternoons or evening available.

How long does the walk take from the front entrance to Fantasyland?

The walk should take 5ish mins if you go straight there, 10ish if you’re slow/stop to take pics/want to smell the roses of an uncrowded Main Street.

Since the clock is ticking, I recommend walking with a purpose to get back to Fantasyland quickly and start your ride time.

The walk should take 5ish mins if you go straight there, 10ish if you’re slow/stop to take pics/want to smell the roses of an uncrowded Main Street.

Since the clock is ticking, I recommend walking with a purpose to get back to Fantasyland quickly and start your ride time.

Yeah, I thought my 15 minutes was a little off. But my family does walk a little slower and we always look for the Photopass photographer and then go take the famous pic in front of the Mickey and Walt statue.

I'm surprising my mom with the MK EMM this Sunday (Mother's Day). I've tried to read the thread, but think I've missed some details. I'm hoping you awesome DISers can help with two questions.

My mom will have an EVC. I'm worried about being able to get to the park in time to be toward the front of the line. We're staying at the POP; should I try to catch a bus at 6:30, or arrange for an EVC-capable Minnie Van? If the latter, does anyone have experience arranging one?

Secondly, I'm trying to figure out how the breakfast works. What's the latest we can arrive at Cosmic Ray's and still get the breakfast?

TIA!

What a fun Mother's Day surprise!

You have to call for the ECV capable Minnie Van. Minnie Van service starts at 6:30am. I'm not totally sure how the ECV one works or if it's bookable that early so I might ask over on the Transportation board or the DISabilities board where folks there should know.

You generally want to aim to be checking/scanning in at the MK front gate at 7:15-30ish. They'll let you in the park 7:45am'ish.

Getting on the bus at Pop by 6:45'ish-7 seems about right. With an ECV and potentially moving slower overall, 6:30 as you mentioned may allow for more time cushion in case you run into delays. It might get you there way too early, but if you don't mind hanging out for a bit, it's not the end of the world.

Have fun!

Oh how disappointing. Did you speak to a CM about it?
Not yet. To be honest I spent an inordinate amount of time this trip talking to CMs at our resorts about charging issues and I didn't want to waste more time on our trip talking to guest relations while at Disney.

SMDT didn't open at all for our MM day on Tuesday. Seems to be a frequent occurence. I went to guest services and insisted on a refund. I know they don't guarantee any ride to be open, but when the only ride that makes it worth doing this is down, they should. The CM at guest services wasn't at all pleasant, so I won't book MM again because it seems you can't trust that SDMT will actually be operating and I'm not fond of paying hundreds of dollars to ride winnie the pooh.

SMDT didn't open at all for our MM day on Tuesday. Seems to be a frequent occurence. I went to guest services and insisted on a refund. I know they don't guarantee any ride to be open, but when the only ride that makes it worth doing this is down...

Were they giving fast passes for SDMT for the rest of the morning? If it came back up...

SMDT didn't open at all for our MM day on Tuesday. Seems to be a frequent occurence. I went to guest services and insisted on a refund. I know they don't guarantee any ride to be open, but when the only ride that makes it worth doing this is down, they should. The CM at guest services wasn't at all pleasant, so I won't book MM again because it seems you can't trust that SDMT will actually be operating and I'm not fond of paying hundreds of dollars to ride winnie the pooh.

So that's two EMM's in a row with issues with Mine Train? That's totally unacceptable. They know perfectly well which ride people are paying to go on.

Just booked for 06/04, DD will be turning 6 that day. Can't wait, big day planned for her. Asked her what she wanted to do, it was MK, swim, eat at Hoop De Doo for dinner and back to MK for Ever After.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter