MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Had a great time at this event yesterday. It took me a while to get organized but eventually did. The food was sub par - something should be done about that. I’ll write up something more formal later. I would say it was worth it at least one time.

This has been my concern since they changed things. We LOVED the breakfast at Pinocchio's.

I have both EMMs booked for July and I am starting to re-think it.

This has been my concern since they changed things. We LOVED the breakfast at Pinocchio's.

I have both EMMs booked for July and I am starting to re-think it.
I loved this event and did it several times before the change. I was able to justify the cost because the BF was great. With this change though, my DH is not happy about the BF change and does not see the value any longer. So, he really does not want to do it and would rather do the AH event.

I loved this event and did it several times before the change. I was able to justify the cost because the BF was great. With this change though, my DH is not happy about the BF change and does not see the value any longer. So, he really does not want to do it and would rather do the AH event.

I want to do AH, but it's not being offered while we are there due to July 4th.

We are thinking we would like to give the HS one another try, but they haven't extended the dates.

Very frustrated with Disney today!

I want to do AH, but it's not being offered while we are there due to July 4th.

We are thinking we would like to give the HS one another try, but they haven't extended the dates.

Very frustrated with Disney today!
The AH was fun but so is the EMM. I would do it if DH would just agree:rotfl:
It's nice to get so much done in the morning!

I just got this email from Disney because the Timezone difference means they can’t call me in business hours:

“We look forward to your upcoming visit in September and would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your upcoming dining reservation for Early Morning Magic in Magic Kingdom Park on September 24, 2019”

I am guessing it is cancelled, has anyone else got the call about
September EMM?

Will they just refund it?

Oh no!!! Yeah, that doesn’t sound good. Keep us posted on what you hear.... I was hoping to book early October. I’m glad I booked a PPO BOG breakfast (who knows if it will even be considered PPO at this point)

It is indeed cancelled so they can go to 8am EMH, they offered me a refund, 1 FP+ for each Of the 8 attractions and breakfast at crystal palace or the plaza, but only on that day and only for currently available ADRs, which are not great times.

Hmm I need to rearrange my plans now.

The refund, along with Fastpasses & breakfast at CP or the Plaza are pretty great "I'm sorry" gifts, but wow, I wonder if that means that they are getting rid of all of the EMM's once SW:GE opens. I don't understand that decision... shouldn't be a staffing issue if they are offering 8 a.m. EMH instead. I would think they would want to make more money on a ticketed event and the option for lower crowds. Must be their way of dispersing crowds over more parks, but I don't think one hour in the morning is going to do much for that. Very odd.

Thanks for the update & I'm sorry you won't be able to experience it. They really need to update their calendar and not show those dates as 'blue' available dates for September.

^^ they have been blue but not bookable for nearly a month now. I was pretty sure it was going to happen. I think SWGE crowds will be really really big.

I do know it’s a good “sorry” for free but I also have no idea what to do, we have MNSSHP tickets that day, I thought we could manage with EMM then going to the hotel, but now we need to be in the park dealing with crowds I can’t see us making it. She said it was “to replace what you would have had” but it’s not really the same energy wise.

The FP’s are anytime, so I guess we could go for breakfast use some then use the rest right before MNSSHP.....

Yeah, it will definitely not be the same and with you having MNSSHP tickets, it definitely makes it more challenging.

It's infuriating when Disney does this. You plan everything out 6 months ahead of time & then have to switch things around. I understand your dilemma. I don't know what the answer is. I hope you are able to get things to work out well to enjoy your day at MK with the fast passes & free breakfast, as well as rest & enjoy MNSSHP that night.

I think it's insane that they haven't published the hours for the whole year yet. They obviously know exactly what they are doing and what times they are opening.

At this point, why are the dates still blue? I'm assuming they won't have the EMM during my stay either if they are canceling as far out as the end of September. Stinks, because if it is busy, you think they'd want to sell you an opportunity to experience the park with less crowds at an additional cost.

At this point, why are the dates still blue? I'm assuming they won't have the EMM during my stay either if they are canceling as far out as the end of September. Stinks, because if it is busy, you think they'd want to sell you an opportunity to experience the park with less crowds at an additional cost.

FWIW, when a similar thing happened last year, the “blue dates that were really cancelled” never did go away - they stayed blue forever.

I do wish they’d just take them off though, creates a lot of confusion.

It is indeed cancelled so they can go to 8am EMH, they offered me a refund, 1 FP+ for each Of the 8 attractions and breakfast at crystal palace or the plaza, but only on that day and only for currently available ADRs, which are not great times.

Hmm I need to rearrange my plans now.
Also, why would Magic Kingdom need to be the park that opens at 8 AM all month? Wouldn't it make more sense to have Hollywood Studios open early all month to let more folks experience SW:GE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter