MK Fireworks Dessert Parties - Confused!

Done seats and treats twice and will do again for the simple reason being able to sit, eat and drink and watch the fireworks avoiding the drama of crowds.
Check in early as poss, always had table at front.
View is more of side view, treats are ok, mostly dessert items.
Not done the other 2, view may be better but I prefer my seat!
Is it worth $$$$ ~ food drink maybe not, seat yes!

The prices have gone cuckoo. Epcot had alcohol included, all the desserts, a large nacho bar, and sundae bar: for $50.

That was a great value we did a few times. The Frozen party came out 2018 with much higher price. FP+ had a great location too, which we usually were able to get with our 4th+ FP before 5pm.

Today I’d consider doing one of the restaurants at Grand Flo or Contemporary to get a ‘comfortable’ view.

From https://www.disneytouristblog.com/best-restaurants-magic-kingdom-fireworks-views/

California Grill or Top of the World Lounge – These two rooftop dining spots at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Bay Lake Tower (respectively), are our favorite restaurants for watching fireworks at Walt Disney World. In fact, we enjoy both so much that we’ve left Magic Kingdom on busy nights to grab a light-bite at the California Grill Lounge (which is walk-up only on a first-come, first-served basis and is more casual than the main dining rooms at Cali Grill) or Top of the World for a more low-key fireworks viewing.

The downside to both is that the views are pretty far off-center. This is our big criticism of the Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace (which is a pretty similar angle, just closer), but the difference between the two is that with the party, you’re primarily paying for a fireworks view. At California Grill or Top of the World, fireworks is more like icing on the cake. I also appreciate that the vantage here is elevated (both restaurants are on the top floor, some 15 stories up), providing an aerial view of Magic Kingdom that stretches from Tomorrowland to Frontierland.

———— Bricker explains all the different resort options in that article. Prices not included since always changing.

I was able to do seats and treats in August 2023. I LOVED it. We were seated right against the guard rail about an hour and 15 minutes before fireworks. A cast member came out and helped my then 12 year old find all the nut free desserts. I got to enjoy 3 glasses of champagne ( I made them into POG juice mimosas) and lots of delicious desserts. My kids loved being able to go up and get more of what they liked and they felt very sophisticated having sparkling apple juice to toast with. My 78 year old Mom loved the whole experience. I noted her birthday on the reservation and they brought her a cupcake and sang Happy Birthday to her. At the end the wait staff brought over bottles of water and a COLD diet coke for me ( I have no idea how this woman knew I am addicted to diet coke but she spontaneously brought me one & that is some Disney Magic) The view was INCREDIBLE. I had never seen the projections due to my anxiety and PTSD. I cried, it was so special. I am booking this again as a gift to myself for our upcoming December 2024 trip. I don't think I will ever go again without it.

Also from a VALUE perspective. The sparkling wine would have been at least 12 dollars a glass in any restaurant. I had 3. I figure I had the equivalent of 3 table service desserts at 12-15 dollars each lets say 40 dollars. They gave me 3 water bottles and a diet coke that would be about 13 dollars. My FOOD and beverage total would be almost 90 dollars. I paid 111.00 for my ticket to the dessert party ( I think DVC discount).I feel like 21 bucks for reserved viewing and seating was WORTH IT. Obviously if you don't drink alcohol your mileage may vary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter