MK Fireworks from Poly?

Belia

Mouseketeer
I would like to have dinner at Ohana one night at our next trip. Is it possible to stay after to watch the MK fireworks from the Poly beach afterwards if we are NOT staying there?

I seem to remember reading a few years ago that they restricted access to the beach to Poly resort guests only. Is that / was that ever true?

Thank you! My first post!

Never seen any signs restricting any part of the resort to Poly guests besides the pools.

We did this in December on a MK day. We arrived in time to show the kids the torch lighting ceremony, relaxed in the lobby until our 'Ohana reservation, and then sat on the beach to watch the Electrical Water Pageant and MVMCP fireworks. It was a wonderful evening and I'm planning to do it again on our next trip.

Good to know- Maybe I'm going crazy, but the last time I spent any time on these boards was in 2012 when I was very ill and bed-ridden for a period of time. To keep my sanity I planned vacations... down to the most minute detail. I could swear that a big controversy at the time was the Poly beach being roped off and closed down unless you could prove that you were staying there. People were really mad because their stealth fireworks-watching plans were being foiled. Glad to hear that it's not an issue.

The things we remember, eh?

Don't know if this still occurs, but there used to be music from the fireworks piped over to the Poly beach. We have stayed at the Poly a few times, not recently tho, and always enjoyed this little perk. Have fun. And welcome to the Dis!!

Don't know if this still occurs, but there used to be music from the fireworks piped over to the Poly beach. We have stayed at the Poly a few times, not recently tho, and always enjoyed this little perk. Have fun. And welcome to the Dis!!
We could hear it around the fire pit area of the beach.

Unless you're there during a holiday/peak busy season, it shouldn't be a problem. I stayed there a couple times in the summer and watched the FW's and water parade on the beach. Plenty of room. They had speakers so you could hear the music as well. During my stays, the water parade was the same time as the FW's, so it was cool seeing them at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter