MK Fireworks viewing

DonaldDuckClub

Earning My Ears
What are the best restaurants to book dining at to see the Fireworks at The Magic Kingdom from outside of the park? Everyone always mentions California Grill, but I was wondering if there were places at either Grand Floridian or the Polynesian that also offer good views of the fireworks?

What are the best restaurants to book dining at to see the Fireworks at The Magic Kingdom from outside of the park? Everyone always mentions California Grill, but I was wondering if there were places at either Grand Floridian or the Polynesian that also offer good views of the fireworks?
My idea of best might not be your own.
Just pull up a list of dining possibilities at the monorail resorts and choose the ones that interests you. Easier to narrow the choice down that way.
Have fun when you get there.

Ohana and narcoosees have some tables you can see the fireworks from but many tables do not have a great view. The benefit of Cali Grill is they have the viewing platform so if you do not have a great view from your table, you can step out and watch from there.

At GF/Poly you can also time it so that dinner ends BEFORE fireworks and then go watch outside by the water.

When we were at Narcoosee's a couple of years ago, they had a nice deck for viewing. We ordered our drinks and food, waitress brought the drinks and we went out to watch the fireworks, and food arrived quickly after the show was over. The whole thing was lovely and I'd do it again, except Narc's currently has a much-more limited menu and MUCH higher prices. I'm thinking we're watching from the 3rd (4th?) floor deck of the Contemporary or from the TTC this year. No way are we doing the HumanCrush that watching HFA in-park has become.

Fireworks are best seen from Main Street.

CA Grill is far from Main Street.

And while CA Grill offers a lovely view of the MK, we found the view from Narcoossee's to be better for fireworks when outside the MK (because it's closer to Main Street).

The big three have been mentioned here already. Personally I prefer the high perspective view from California Grill, with Narcoossee's on the deck outside being okay too. However, if you are going by food quality as well, IMO California Grill is the undisputed leader. Both Narcoossee's and Ohana have fallen from grace in our books (almost in lock step starting about five years ago) with both of them going downhill in terms of culinary food quality (let alone value) well before covid. Those two used to be perennial top 10 favorites of ours, but they no longer even make the list. So if that is part of your decision making, I would recommend CG. If food is less important, than any of the three would do. Depends on the type of view that will satisfy you as they have three different angles and perspectives (with Ohana being the one with the least options for actual viewability).

The big three have been mentioned here already. Personally I prefer the high perspective view from California Grill, with Narcoossee's on the deck outside being okay too. However, if you are going by food quality as well, IMO California Grill is the undisputed leader. Both Narcoossee's and Ohana have fallen from grace in our books (almost in lock step starting about five years ago) with both of them going downhill in terms of culinary food quality (let alone value) well before covid. Those two used to be perennial top 10 favorites of ours, but they no longer even make the list. So if that is part of your decision making, I would recommend CG. If food is less important, than any of the three would do. Depends on the type of view that will satisfy you as they have three different angles and perspectives (with Ohana being the one with the least options for actual viewability).
Funny - we stay at Bay Lake and always go to CA Grill. I have had too many mediocre meals here. I seem to just order sushi & salad. And Bay Lake guests have access to the roof top lounge. The view at CA Grill, with or without fireworks is lovely; so too is the dining room.

Narcoossee's menu is frequently too small for some families, but the seafood-focused menu that includes the always-crispy Calamari never seems to disappoint us. However, current menu is 'missing' a lobster and a my favorite whole fish choice. Maybe it's just the enchanted lobby of Grand Floridian that makes the for taste better for us.

FWIW, when we have longer stays at Bay Lake - we eat at both.

Kona is the only place we have ever enjoyed at Polynesian (for the French-press coffee at breakfast).

I just made reservations at Kona’s for dinner for our Oct trip. I made the reservations for 6:45. We are going to eat, grab a drink and head to the beach to watch the fireworks. I hope my timing is right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter