Club Villain was a blast! I am still holding out hope that either Club Villain or Villain’s Sinister Soiree make an appearance again this year.
I know they probably won’t, but a girl can dream.
After it ended, the entire CV setup and venue stayed in tact for quite a while, so I thought maybe there was a chance. I would be shocked if it returned to DHS. Some non park venue, possible, but not to a park.

After it ended, the entire CV setup and venue stayed in tact for quite a while, so I thought maybe there was a chance. I would be shocked if it returned to DHS. Some non park venue, possible, but not to a park.

I would be fine with it being at a non-park venue! If people are willing to go to Fort Wilderness for Mickey’s BBQ or Hoop Dee Doo, I am sure they would also be willing to go to another resort for something like this...especially around Halloween!

Maybe if we whine about this enough, Disney will do something about it lol

I don't know why MK does their own parties. They should turn it over to the group that specializes in special events.
Only if they set the crowd level more like Frozen and less like the SW dessert party!!

I didn't like when they moved terrace viewing away from assigned tables and stopped doing it. Then they added plaza viewing and that's been excellent -- not too packed at all. Now I'm skeptical.

As I've said, IMO, the other dessert parties are a mixed bag, from my outside perspective as a customer who's done all of them. Not clear to me that the MK party would necessarily be better in any way if handled by the other group. And the CMs who work the parties are always great, regardless of the group that manages it IMO.

Last edited:
So Disney just released their Dessert Party option with Garden Viewing for AFTER the fireworks. What does everyone think about it? I was talking to my family about this, and we decided to stick to the before fireworks option as afterwards might be too late. I can see it being a positive factor for very late extra-magic hours, but what do you guys think?

So Disney just released their Dessert Party option with Garden Viewing for AFTER the fireworks. What does everyone think about it? I was talking to my family about this, and we decided to stick to the before fireworks option as afterwards might be too late. I can see it being a positive factor for very late extra-magic hours, but what do you guys think?

FYI, I moved your post into this thread because I can pretty much only handle one thread full of lack of facts and speculation. ;)

But in all seriousness, Disney hasn’t released a lot of the details of the mechanics of this event - exact location of the viewing, etc. The general feedback so far on this thread is that some are intrigued by the concept of a later party / not having to devote so much “pre-fireworks” time to the party and instead shift that to afterwards when a lot of people are waiting for crowds to leave anyway. Many like the current option. Obviously very subjective on one’s touring style and desire to stay later into the night.

Many folks are waiting for it to start to understand the event setup better before forming full opinions.

But in all seriousness, Disney hasn’t released a lot of the details of the mechanics of this event - exact location of the viewing, etc.
..... which is why there is so much speculation. Some of us are booked at this pricey event mere days after the change without much heads up on what to expect or whether we would be better off keeping what we have, changing to the new event or cancelling completely.

..... which is why there is so much speculation. Some of us are booked at this pricey event mere days after the change without much heads up on what to expect or whether we would be better off keeping what we have, changing to the new event or cancelling completely.

Did I suggest one should feel otherwise?

I honestly don't think it's going to impact the first few weeks/month after it is available. There are still spots open in the original June HEA parties, so I can't imagine hordes of new people signing up for it a week out for a trip they've planned for months. If they were going to, most would have already...!

I agree with that. This is a pretty tiny booking runway for a special event, relatively speaking.

There aren't tons of spots. I am booked for the June 6 before-fireworks party and there are only 2 spots left. It's basically sold out. Just crossing my fingers regarding the viewing and looking forward to the new food offerings.

This is interesting to me as well. So, if it turns out that they are really just trying to fill up space/sell more tickets because the Plaza Garden parties don't generally sell out, what does this mean for dates like July 3rd and 4th that have already sold out (for the "before party")? Does anyone know if they are selling tickets for the After Fireworks Dessert Party on those dates? I will be attending the before party on July 3rd and I won't be impressed if they are going to try to jam more people into an already sold out space. I am really hoping that they are splitting these parties into the east and west gardens but I suppose only time will tell.

I called yesterday and the CM said there will be after parties on 7/3 and 7/4 but that they hadn't been loaded into the system yet. Hoping to change my 7/4 before party to a 7/3 after party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter