Do you think if enough people cancel because of this, they will open up the other side? I just really feel like this is going to be a big waste of money!

Well we decided to cancel only because we are holding out hope for the the Frozen Illuminations party to come available. We've done HEA party twice AND have EMM booked, so it's just too many extras this time. My daughter said she wanted a break from this one.

Definitely keeping an eye on this thread, though! We'll do it again in March. :)

WDW today is tweeting at the after dessert party right now

Saying he doesn’t think this is worth the money waiting an hour with poles and trees in the view when you can get better spots on Main Street with the same amount of waiting lol

WDW News Today

@WDWNT

·
19m
We’re doing the “After Fireworks Dessert Party” at Magic Kingdom tonight. They let you in the viewing area before most people have finished the before dessert party, a definite advantage.

WDW News Today

@WDWNT

·
15m
I don’t see the value in paying and waiting an hour for a view filled with poles and trees when there’s still amazing, middle of the street views available for the same wait.

I responded on the SW thread.

@FastPasser. so for the HEA pre-party folks are saying to show up at 7:00 when the reservation says 7:45. But for the Star Wars party you are saying we should only show up 10-15 min early (reservation says 8pm on June 12th). I was thinking we should be there by 7:15.

That's good for someone who has a frame of reference.

I do not.
Just an opinion: many feel the SW dessert party is just fine. I think it’s way too crowded. It’s really subjective.

I’ll also say that you might not be disappointed in whatever this turns out to be if you haven’t done the less crowded versions up until now!

First, Disney got rid of reserved seating at the Terrace and ruined that for our family.

Now they are making the plaza area more crowded. I’ll wait for a few more reports once the word is out more and the plaza becomes even more crowded before I decide, but I’m likely canceling for Aug and Nov now. Unless they open up the other plaza area.

I know... Disney doesn’t care whether our family does this party 2-3 times a year every year as we have been, or not. :)

We are scheduled for that night too. As of right now there are 49+ spaces available for both the before and after parties so hopefully nothing will be sold out. I briefly considered switching to the after party because we have a 6:20 BOG ADR but I don't think my in-laws who are joining us will be up for sticking around for desserts after the fireworks. They are going to want to book it out of there.

I’m holding out hope that neither party will be sold out. I’m going to continue to follow this thread to see if/how things evolve over the next few weeks.

@FastPasser. so for the HEA pre-party folks are saying to show up at 7:00 when the reservation says 7:45. But for the Star Wars party you are saying we should only show up 10-15 min early (reservation says 8pm on June 12th). I was thinking we should be there by 7:15.
The parties are facilitated by two completely different departments and each have their own distinct operational methods. If your SW party is scheduled to begin at 8pm, Guests will be allowed in at 7:45, at the earliest. Arriving any earlier just means that you're waiting in line to enter and there's no advantage in that. No need to arrive any earlier than when Guests are allowed in for the FEA party as well as tables are preassigned.

The parties are facilitated by two completely different departments and each have their own distinct operational methods. If your SW party is scheduled to begin at 8pm, Guests will be allowed in at 7:45, at the earliest. Arriving any earlier just means that you're waiting in line to enter and there's no advantage in that. No need to arrive any earlier than when Guests are allowed in for the FEA party as well as tables are preassigned.

I understand the Star Wars party. But you're saying also only show up 15 minutes early for the HEA parties?

Seriously though, let’s say you show up 5 mins before the fireworks start, is there even a bad spot there? Couldn’t you literally just walk in a min before it starts and enjoy?

Seriously though, let’s say you show up 5 mins before the fireworks start, is there even a bad spot there? Couldn’t you literally just walk in a min before it starts and enjoy?

That's what we do. We take our time relaxing and enjoying the desserts and go to the viewing spot 5-10 minutes before the fireworks. It's not so crowded even at that point that we can't find a spot with a good view, which is almost anywhere.

That's what we do. We take our time relaxing and enjoying the desserts and go to the viewing spot 5-10 minutes before the fireworks. It's not so crowded even at that point that we can't find a spot with a good view, which is almost anywhere.
Up until now. I think the jury is still out now that they are selling two parties the same viewing area.

I did? Can you direct me to that post so I can reread it and double check it.

The one above.

Well if it’s true that they lowered attendees for each party to make it basically be the same, then it should be fine
The announcement below from Disney doesn't seem to indicate a lowering in attendees.

"Because of the popularity of the Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom Park, we are expanding the experience starting May 28 so more Guests will be able to enjoy it."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter