Interesting, it looks like almost all of the desserts have changed since we did the Wishes party a month ago. Only ones that look the same are the chocolate covered strawberries and oreo mickey.

This is a shell of the party from many years ago when this whole area was packed with tables. Now it's limited to only a row right along the front. If you do choose this version, everyone at least has a "front row" and no jockeying at the rail once the show starts. And you're covered in case it rains, which does have some benefit for sure.

So there are no tables at all in the middle - everyone is against the railing?

I agree with @danikoski, I am pretty certain the Tomorrowland Terrace sit-down version is first come, first assigned. Years ago they had assigned tables with little name plates on them, but that's not the case any more. When I did this version back in April I arrived (purposely) late - 8:40ish if I'm not mistaken. My table was nearly all the way to the right of the terrace which I'd say is probably an inferior location (in exaggerates the off-centered viewing of this location).

It seemed like the CMs had filled tables from the left to the right (if standing looking at the castle from there). I'm not sure but the left side viewing might be a bit better, and so arriving at a more prompt time may be helpful? Not 100% sure about this though.

Hope that helps.

Yes, they fill left to right. We were the fourth table from the left and had a pretty good view. No trees blocking, could easily see projections for Once Upon a Time, and the fireworks view was great. Although, if I didn't have my mom with me who wanted a seat, I'd do the plaza garden view in a heartbeat. View would be much better than the terrace. But my mom really wanted a seat and it was my treat to her.

Yes, they fill left to right. We were the fourth table from the left and had a pretty good view. No trees blocking, could easily see projections for Once Upon a Time, and the fireworks view was great. Although, if I didn't have my mom with me who wanted a seat, I'd do the plaza garden view in a heartbeat. View would be much better than the terrace. But my mom really wanted a seat and it was my treat to her.

Awesome, :thanks:

What a great, detailed review! Thank you so much for taking the time to do that.

We're doing the plaza garden view in September. How would I manage with a double stroller?
you will be fine with a double stroller this is the same FP viewing area that they used about a year ago, and I have seen a number of dubble stroller in there, depending on the day your kids might do better standing to see, but as fair as getting the stroller in and out of the area and up to the dessert part that is not problem

Thanks for the awesome review! We booked it for my son's birthday in September, I can't wait! I wasn't sure the money would be worth it at the time, but it definitely seems like it is.

I was there on Saturday night too. I see that you captured the Dad who lifted his bigger kid onto his shoulders. I must have been standing about 3 feet to your right. The dad and kid are in all of my pictures.

I showed up super early and they tried to stick me in the alcove. They said all the tables for 1 and 2 were being assigned there. There is no view, no airflow and it feels yucky. So I left to go use my Buzz FP. If there's no incentive to show up early to get a nicer table in the main area, I'm not going to. I went and rode Buzz, came back and all the alcove tables for 2 were full. They assigned me a lovely little table along the wall that has a nice airflow and is good for people watching. I see myself in green in one of your pics.

Saturday night's show was much more crowded than the last Wishes show. I did that one on Thursday. I was surprised. I thought it would be the other way around. All in all, I'll do it every time I go. There's nothing like showing up 15 minutes early and not having someone's sweaty body throwing heat all over you. Haha.

DD and I have an adr for the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party for next Saturday. We're so excited to see HEA. The pictures and reviews are so helpful. We haven't done the dessert party for a few years. It's much nicer now that the only tables are against the railing. Must make sure to get there early.

so how are you all booking I am seeing nothing open at all on the website do I need to call to book

so how are you all booking I am seeing nothing open at all on the website do I need to call to book

I was able to book it through dining online by clicking on the "Check availability" once I selected that specific Dessert party. It asks you to pick a time and then from there you can book it like you would a regular dining reservation.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter