According to 2 different posters in the Lines app, EVERYONE will be in the same viewing area and they are splitting up how many tickets are being sold to not overcrowd the area from the 2 parties.

They both waited for a long time to get exact confirmation.
Unless those posters are the Disney execs who created the planning, I’m taking every “confirmed” report with a grain of salt until we see what happens. If the above is true, I could still see them using both gardens but still splitting people between them (just not necessarily strictly by which party). I do not believe for a second they’re adding a second party and not increasing headcount. You don’t make a change like this unless you expect an increased revenue stream out of it.

I just changed my dessert party reservation for June 8 from the before to the after party. When I originally booked, it was $59 a person. I was charged the extra $10 a person to change my reservation. I did not ask if they would honor the $59 price. The CM I spoke with did not know about the after dessert party until I told her.

I think people should wait to change their reservations to the after firework one when we literally know NOTHING about it.

You can be changing your reservation to an entirely different plaza area with a less view for all we know

This won't sell out in a day. Wait till we actually know how they plan on working this

I think people should wait to change their reservations to the after firework one when we literally know NOTHING about it.

You can be changing your reservation to an entirely different plaza area with a less view for all we know

This won't sell out in a day. Wait till we actually know how they plan on working this

Assuming they have a cap, and that several nights in June are sold out for the before party, which might reduce the "cap space" for the after party (let's hope so at least if they're sharing space) and they are "new," and getting media attention, I wouldn't be shocked if they sell out quickly. I'm happy to have both ADRs secured while this gets figured out. No harm in calling in now. You can cancel and get a full refund anytime until 5 days before.

Unless those posters are the Disney execs who created the planning, I’m taking every “confirmed” report with a grain of salt until we see what happens. If the above is true, I could still see them using both gardens but still splitting people between them (just not necessarily strictly by which party). I do not believe for a second they’re adding a second party and not increasing headcount. You don’t make a change like this unless you expect an increased revenue stream out of it.

OK

I'm waiting, but we are going Labor Day week and it shouldn't be crazy busy. I need to get some solid feedback first. I'm hoping EasyWDW does a review.

Good lord I am dying over this non-answer on the Parks Blog. This person should run for office!

ETA: I am not Steven lol
  • Isn’t adding more people to the Plaza viewing area an issue? What about the people who are doing the dessert BEFORE the fireworks? Do they get worse standing locations because they were eating while people doing this package get in early to get a better viewing area??

Steven on May 18, 2018 at 1:36 pm
    • Hi Steven! We know that your comfort is an important element to the Fireworks Dessert Party. The Plaza Garden is a wonderful location for fireworks viewing and will continue to be a great experience for all of our Guests.

Alex Dunlap on May 18, 2018 at 5:29 pm

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll be watching comments here too. We booked a plaza garden viewing party for my family group of 10 in August specifically for the guaranteed good spot. That's a lot of money to spend if they end up packing us in there or later party people crowd in first. Fingers crossed that Disney knows this would make a ton of people irate and adjust their plans accordingly. We've had delightful experiences at the two parties we've been to previously and I'd hate to have it change for the worse.

I see it more as having an area to go to just relax a bit after the show and enjoy some treats vs dealing with the crowds trying to leave right after the show, etc.

But more likely they are trying to double dip on making $ off of an area they are already prepping and preparing food for

That's exactly what I was thinking. I may do this in December.

Good lord I am dying over this non-answer on the Parks Blog. This person should run for office!

• Isn’t adding more people to the Plaza viewing area an issue? What about the people who are doing the dessert BEFORE the fireworks? Do they get worse standing locations because they were eating while people doing this package get in early to get a better viewing area??

Steven on May 18, 2018 at 1:36 pm
    • Hi Steven! We know that your comfort is an important element to the Fireworks Dessert Party. The Plaza Garden is a wonderful location for fireworks viewing and will continue to be a great experience for all of our Guests.

Alex Dunlap on May 18, 2018 at 5:29 pm

It could also mean that Alex may not have all the details either.

So here's my guess. I think this is actually more about the Terrace party than the Garden one.

The Terrace is more expensive but has worse viewing lines. They have to know this. So WDW is coming up with a way to justify the extra expense to the TTDP (I just made that up. Sorry for a new acronym). To do that, TTDP is going to allow you to get both before and after snacks. I think that's the only logistic possibility, because I can't see WDW ushering people out of the area following the show. The price will go up a bit, but you'll get the pre-show deserts and the post-show savory things, and you'll get to watch the show while seated and the experience will feel more like a show than just some deserts and fireworks.

Folks who go to the post-show won't be allowed into the Terrace before the show; they'll have to hang out in the Garden. Folk who go to the pre-show won't be allowed back in after the fireworks, but they'll be allowed to hang out in the Garden. The number of tickets sold will increase, but not dramatically.

The pre-show people will feel a little cheated because the post-show people will claim better seats. The post-show people will feel a lille cheated because the deserts will be picked over and what they'll have will feel a little like left overs, but both will make the argument that it was really about the non-crowded viewing than the food. Meanwhile, the TTDP people will feel as though they paid more but got a more complete experience.

My guess is the CL viewing area is a thing of the soon-to-be past.

No evidence, no knowledge, nothing. But that's my guess.

Last edited:
That makes sense... except that a number of these parties for end of May and during June have already had early Plaza viewing sold. Did they restrict those number of tickets, or are these people just going to suffer with a more crowded viewing area?

Maybe there is a max number for the parties combined that is more than the old max for one party but noand double. So for the parties already sold out there would be some, but not a lot, of space for the post party?

So if before they sold 100 tickets max now they will sell 140 total split between the two but for the sold out parties there is only 40 left for post party people (obviously just making up numbers)

So it will be more crowded than before, but not double

Maybe there is a max number for the parties combined that is more than the old max for one party but noand double. So for the parties already sold out there would be some, but not a lot, of space for the post party?

So if before they sold 100 tickets max now they will sell 140 total split between the two but for the sold out parties there is only 40 left for post party people (obviously just making up numbers)

It’s going to become people being on top of eachother if it adds more people

So the only difference between the non party and party would be that one you need to find a spot to be on top of eachother , and the other you have a nice reserved area to be on top of eachother.

Not my cup of tea. Holding judgment tilll I know more.

At best Disney World will divide equally the usual amount of tickets sold and just serve desserts twice. But I can’t see this happening because it just doesn’t seem as profitable because they have to double the time cast members are working the event. However, even if they do it this way, it still is a huge disadvantage for those having dessert before the show because only those having dessert after the show will get first choice of space in the garden viewing area.

At best Disney World will divide equally the usual amount of tickets sold and just serve desserts twice. But I can’t see this happening because it just doesn’t seem as profitable because they have to double the time cast members are working the event. However, even if they do it this way, it still is a huge disadvantage for those having dessert before the show because only those having dessert after the show will get first choice of space in the garden viewing area.

Only sort of. The pre-show people get a half-hour head start (745 vs 815), so they can get their deserts and head over to the Garden earlier, or at 815 at the latest if they're concerned about it. 30 minutes is a long time to eat deserts if your primary motivation is viewing seats. The post-show people are actually at the bigger theoretical disadvantage, because all of the pre-showers could be in the Garden before they're even let in, but they have human nature and gluttony working for them :)

What if the parties are sold out already because the max number for the pre fireworks was already reduced in advance of this new party offering?

Didn't they reduce the price for the garden parties a while ago? I remember some people talking about getting refunds or a lesser charge after some change, but I can't find it in the thread. If they did, that would indicate they knew the experience was changing, and wanted to reflect that at least a little in the price.

And like I said, my TTDP ressie for 7/3 showed an 815 check in as opposed to the historical 745 one. So they knew something was up.

Didn't they reduce the price for the garden parties a while ago? I remember some people talking about getting refunds or a lesser charge after some change, but I can't find it in the thread. If they did, that would indicate they knew the experience was changing, and wanted to reflect that at least a little in the price.

And like I said, my TTDP ressie for 7/3 showed an 815 check in as opposed to the historical 745 one. So they knew something was up.

They put the price up and charged people more but still had the lower price listed on the website so lots of people complained (myself included) and everyone that paid the higher price while the website was wrong were refunded the difference.

Also the 3rd/4th July fireworks are at 9:15pm this year instead 9:00pm like every other year so that’s probably why your check-in time is later. When I used to do the Terrace View Party on the 4th check-in time was 8:00pm for 9:00pm fireworks start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter