• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Depending on how this works I may just change it to the after party. We shall see.

I'm also excited about the toffee cake! And the spinach dip and egg rolls!
I had the same thought, but figure I'd still want to get there early to get a good spot, then stay after for the dessert, and it would take even more of our time.

I don’t quite understand this either. IMHO they have the current Plaza Garden party sized almost perfectly. The Garden is full, but not packed shoulder to shoulder. I’m not sure exactly how they could add “more guests.” Unless... the Plaza Garden WEST comes into play.
They can add more people and have two shifts of the party. One before the fireworks (get out!) and the second after. One party is in one plaza garden, the other party is in the other plaza garden.
So group A eats dessert, watches fireworks in garden A and then leaves. Group B watches fireworks in garden B, eats dessert and then leaves.

Did you get the impression that there will be a PRE fireworks party and a POST fireworks party? If we previously booked how do we know which one we are signed up for? We are scheduled on June 22nd so we have a little time to see additional details but I am a little worried about what this means.

The way I read/understand it, it’s now three offerings: (I’m using Disney’s official titles here)

Fireworks Desser Party at Tomorrowland Terrace - $84/$50 - Timing Example: 8:15 PM on a night with 9:15 PM HEA
Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing - $69/$41 - Timing Example: 7:45 PM on a night with 9:15 PM HEA
After Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace - $69/$41 - Timing Example: 8:15 PM on a night with 9:15 PM HEA

Somewhere it was stated that this new dessert party is being offered so more people can be accommodated, however it seems like the current Plaza Viewing party is not even typically sold out. So why another party?
Also if after Fireworks Party is squeezed into same area as current party it's going to be really tight! However, if the After Fireworks Party is located in Viewing area in front of Casey's corner then won't they have a struggle to get across to Tomorrow Land Terrace for party after the Fireworks?

Aren't you allowed to hang out in the Plaza Garden for a bit after the fireworks? I believe I've read that people hang out there for a little bit until the crowds go down on Main Street and then they leave.

I can see the appeal in an after party. I can see people wanting to ride rides and take advantage of "lower crowds" while most people are getting spots for HEA. So this way you show up to watch the fireworks 15 minutes before show time and then eat after while the masses leave instead of showing up for the preshow at 7:30, eating and then watching fireworks at 9 pm. I would probably do the after party if we weren't doing it on arrival day and will probably be extremely tired by the time fireworks are done.

Yes, you can hang out in the Garden post-fireworks. It’s not reserved at that point, although in practice people don’t really go in there all that much (too busy heading out or doing other things). Depending on your plan, it can be a good spot to squat/wait it out for the crowds to die down. Or wait for OUAT if it’s a night where that show is after HEA.

Somewhere it was stated that this new dessert party is being offered so more people can be accommodated, however it seems like the current Plaza Viewing party is not even typically sold out. So why another party?

This was one of my thoughts exactly. It does sell out, but not all the time.

Although, it did sell out a lot Sept-Dec with the extreme supply/demand imbalance for HEA with all the party nights. More slots would probably do well that time of year.

I'll have to watch this closely and see if people notice the Plaza garden area being crowded. We're not so much interested in the desserts as we are having a good spot to watch the show without needing to rush in and stake it out. If that's the case here we'll definitely cancel our June party reservation.

This was one of my thoughts exactly. It does sell out, but not all the time.

Although, it did sell out a lot Sept-Dec with the extreme supply/demand imbalance for HEA with all the party nights. More slots would probably do well that time of year.

Going to be interesting to see if this does truly result in more people attending parties or less people attending the earlier party due to having a choice between two parties.

I like the idea that you could still eat dinner and not be too stuffed to enjoy the desserts at the after party. The crowding makes me nervous tho. I am not buying tickets for a bunch of sweets, I'm buying so I don't have to camp a spot.
I was thinking the same thing! We woudn't have to eat dinner at 2:00 or 3:00 :rotfl:! I'm still worried about it being crowded in the viewing area though.

Since they are having a party after the fireworks I wonder if they will extend MK closing hours for July in particular? They have it closing at 10:00 the week we go.

I have booked this for an emh night and literally this week just got SDMT fastpass for 10 til 11. Wouldnt be able to change to this version that night and am worried about it being more crowded than last yearReally enjoyed it last time.

Also is it likely for them to make fireworks later than 9.15 at this stage?

Because I'm at 100, usually more, dessert/dinner parties a year at all four parks, I believe I have a sense as to what makes for a successful and enjoyable event.

No doubt. But maybe you could elaborate a bit on why youre not worried considering the details that Disney has published about this new offering, since people clearly are worried? No one’s doubting your experience! :)

I'm keeping an eye on this. If the garden is double booked, I am totally cancelling and going to Epcot for the Frozen party instead I can watch HEA from CR without being smooshed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter