Thanks to those of you that have posted your recent experiences.

I have the before party booked on Aug 12. I'm pretty sure we'll keep it. Mostly, I'm hoping my boys can race out of the garden after the fireworks and get in the Space Mountain line. I'm also hoping the hours get extended and we can be on rides as opposed to eating. For now, I'm not planning to rush through the dessert party to secure the best viewing spot. As long as I have a viewing spot, I'll be satisfied.

Following still on the fence we r not doing the MVMCP we only have 2 nights out of 6 when MK HEA is available! I'm so afraid of small grandkids getting crushed but hubby not buying it! Might have to save on my own!

Following still on the fence we r not doing the MVMCP we only have 2 nights out of 6 when MK HEA is available! I'm so afraid of small grandkids getting crushed but hubby not buying it! Might have to save on my own!

We're apparently in the same boat and on the same fence. :teeth: I'm definitely going to book one of the dessert parties, but I'm still unsure of which one. I'm going to wait it out a bit more and see how the reviews are once the after-party starts gaining more popularity.

IMG_3634.JPG Did the dessert party June 5th. Lined up around 7:20 and there were two lines already formed. We were asked our check in time and directed to wait in a line against the wall.
At that time a cast member told us to eat and get out to the garden as quick as we could because they were expecting 300 people that night.
We were let into the party at 7:30 and were sat at one of the first tables. They walk you through the buffet and point out the new menu items.
We ate dessert, drank water and watched the line for the after party steadily grow.
At 8:00 we went down to the garden to stake out our spot. We went center back rail and spread out a bit next to some people that had gotten boxes of desserts and had set up a camera and tripod. They then let the after party people in around 8:05 and they filled up around the front of the garden.
By 8:45 the garden was full. The picture above was around 8:30.
I have done this party just last August and this one was much more crowded. We had several tall men come squeeze into the spot directly in front of us so we moved down to see.
Everyone stood for the show and after a few adjustments we were able to sit on the rail and had an excellent view.
As busy as it was in the garden it was no where as insanely packed as the outside area and we still had some room to maneuver to get a good view once the show started.

View attachment 327655 Did the dessert party June 5th. Lined up around 7:20 and there were two lines already formed. We were asked our check in time and directed to wait in a line against the wall.
At that time a cast member told us to eat and get out to the garden as quick as we could because they were expecting 300 people that night.
We were let into the party at 7:30 and were sat at one of the first tables. They walk you through the buffet and point out the new menu items.
We ate dessert, drank water and watched the line for the after party steadily grow.
At 8:00 we went down to the garden to stake out our spot. We went center back rail and spread out a bit next to some people that had gotten boxes of desserts and had set up a camera and tripod. They then let the after party people in around 8:05 and they filled up around the front of the garden.
I have done this party just last August and this one was much more crowded. We had several tall men come squeeze into the spot directly in front of us so we moved down to see.
Everyone stood for the show and after a few adjustments we were able to sit on the rail and had an excellent view.
As busy as it was in the garden it was no where as insanely packed as the outside area and we still had some room to maneuver to get a good view once the show started.
Thank you for your review, we are going to the before party next week so this helps us determine what time to do things as well as an idea of how crowded it was! Much appreciated!

View attachment 327655 Did the dessert party June 5th. Lined up around 7:20 and there were two lines already formed. We were asked our check in time and directed to wait in a line against the wall.
So you waited (and were encouraged to do so) about an hour for the show to start? yikes!!

I feel like the way the CMs are telling people to get spots early is a sign they know they are overbooking the spots. It used to be promoted as a relaxing evening of desserts and fireworks now its a rush rush wait.. im keeping my 20th but it will be busy and I refuse to show up an hour before for a spot

Can anyone tell me if the area for the after party has any view of the castle? Trying to figure out the projection show logistics if we do the after party.

I thought they weren't even allowing for check-in for the after party until 8:15?

The ADR time and the noted check-in time for the After Party is an hour before fireworks... so 8:15PM since HEA is at 9:15PM at the moment. While I haven’t witnessed this personally, I’ve seen several reports over the existence of this thread about being able to check in to the parties earlier than the posted time. I’m not sure how consistent that may be night-to-night though.

Thank you for sharing your experience - I have added your link to Post #1 for future DISer reference. :-)

Thanks for the review. I *really* dislike how the CM told you to hurry and eat and get a spot in the garden. The whole point of paying for the party is to relax and know that you have a spot reserved for you without having to wait an hour. If I wanted to wait that long I'd save my money and go sit in the hub. I'm really leaning toward cancelling the HEA party now. :(

Thanks for your review. Last week I changed my "before" booking to an "after" booking. I wasn't sure if I'd done the right thing but I think I have.

If the CM told me to hurry up and eat to get a spot, I would have immediately called up and gotten a refund ( after the show of course ).

That’s unacceptable. Believe me if I feel it’s not worth what I paid, I’m arguing till I get my refund.

Problem is it’s not the money I care about. Just my nice spot

I think you need to call them and let them know that happened. Many calls will stop them from actually overfilling the area and rushing people.

And for the after party people. If your going in the summer, I doubt your gonna be waiting on that wet grass or in the rain an hour before hand.

I am keeping my before party on August 3. I like dessert (and we are not foodies, we will probably enjoy it well enough) and the crowding is a big consideration for me. My DD and I haven’t been to WDW in 5 years, haven’t seen HEA, and she has high functioning autism and is really spooked by crowds and people pushing in on her. We don’t even do daytime parades. So having even a decent view where no one is touching her is a major consideration. I am hoping with earbuds and the plaza viewing area, she will be able to make it through, it would be her first time seeing MK fireworks in any of her trips.

I am hoping that even though I am going in hotter than hades and busy August, the party will still be worth it to us.

I am in the same situation as you. DD with high functioning autism who can’t tolerate being squished or touched in a crowd of strangers. We’ve never seen HEA before and the only way for us to see it is with a dessert party. Our party is June 30 and I’m pretty sure it’s sold out. I’m nervous about the after party being sold out as well and the garden area being too packed for her. I go back and forth on whether or not to cancel.

But even if both parties are sold out, I bet it still won’t be as bad as the Hub and Main Street, so I’m hoping it works out. My DD also will have her earbuds, so in the worst case, she can sit while the rest of us stand in front/beside/behind her forming a barrier between her and the rest of the crowd. She can handle that. But I am hoping it’s not overly crowded so she can enjoy seeing the fireworks.

I am waiting to see what they do when there is heavy rain...last summer we went to a party where there were thunder storms and they kept delaying start of HEA and letting party guests remain in Dessert area. Wondering if this happens if they will cram both parties into dessert party area to all eat at same time before fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter