• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK on 8/12 or 8/13

hiimdoug

Earning My Ears
I'm surprising my son (and his younger brother) with a trip to Orlando for his birthday, he will be turning 9 on 8/11 and has always wanted to visit Legoland (this might be his last year before he becomes too cool to want to do Legoland). Well, dad (me) is a major Disney fan and I want to get in a day at the Magic Kingdom.

My question is; according to https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/crowd-calendar/ Saturday 8/12 looks like a better day to visit MK than Sunday 8/13, however, I'm sure my son will want to visit Legoland first on Saturday and then MK on Sunday. Do you think there will be much of a difference between 8/12 and 8/13 to where I should just insist that we are going to MK on 8/12 and then Legoland on 8/13 or will both days be relatively equally packed and the difference not that noticeable?

Edit: We're flying in late on 8/11 and leaving early on 8/14, so only options for parks are 8/12 and 8/13.

Separate and apart from any crowd issues, I would do Legoland and then MK - otherwise I think Legoland would be a huge letdown after having spent a day at MK!

lol, yeah, i've tried to explain to him many times that Legoland will be quite the disappointment, we've even watched a few walkthroughs on youtube, but he still insists that he'd rather go there than WDW. He's been to WDW twice before so I'm hoping he gets to Legoland and decides its not worth his time and then we can head right on over to WDW and get two days in instead =)

FYI, it sure how early you could get to MK on 8/13, but looks like they are having Extra Morning Magic there that morning - unlimited access to Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan and Pooh, plus breakfast. We've never done it but people rave about it. Looks tickets are still available. Could be a great way to squeeze some extra time out of a one day trip!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/early-morning-magic/

I would definitely do mk the 13th. I feel like it might be a little less crowded because many people will be going to studios for gmr last day!

This seems to be turning into an August 13th Magic Kingdom meetup party. Oddly enough, I'll be there as well lol.

We arrive on the 12th and will be heading to HS to ride GMR one last time. Got our FPs for it and everything.

lol, yeah, i've tried to explain to him many times that Legoland will be quite the disappointment, we've even watched a few walkthroughs on youtube, but he still insists that he'd rather go there than WDW. He's been to WDW twice before so I'm hoping he gets to Legoland and decides its not worth his time and then we can head right on over to WDW and get two days in instead =)

We took 7 1/2 year old to legoland this past christmas eve. it was nice because the park was empty and there were no waits. It was okay and the kids had fun, but I probably wouldn't go back again. The hotel there is pretty cool though. That being said, my son has been to Disney like 8 or 9 times already and still keeps asking when we are going back to legoland so apparently its fun for the kids.

We'll be at MK on 8/13 also. We have PPO at BOG that morning.

kennythepirate's crowd calendar suggests 8/13 to be a better MK day than 8/12 also.

Sundays at MK are always less crowded than Saturdays

With the closing of GMR/Ellen and opening of Mission Space, you will also probably see a shift of locals moving into Epcot/DHS on that day

Sundays at MK are always less crowded than Saturdays

With the closing of GMR/Ellen and opening of Mission Space, you will also probably see a shift of locals moving into Epcot/DHS on that day
Maybe a shift in locals going to EP/HS on 8/13, but it looks like an equal shift in DISers going to MK that day!

Maybe we all will be the only ones in the park!

I think that the 13th will be less crowded, in part due to it being the last day for both The Great Movie Ride, and Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Sadly, we will miss this impromptu MK meetup, as we will be in AK on the 13th, but hope you all have fun there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter