MK Opening Family video montage - our wonderful day

OK That made me cry!! :hug: How incredible that your son got to experience this. He will remember this forever. Thanks for sharing, it brought me back to when I was a kid and how excited I was to see the characters- especially Mickey Mouse. What a wonderful moment for your family!:cloud9:

What a great video! Congratulations on being picked - what a magical memory! Thanks for sharing - it was wonderful! :lovestruc

I LOVED this video!! How special! Thank you for sharing an experience that most do not get to have. It is really fun to see the "behind the scenes" of the Opening Family. I felt like I was there with you! What a treat!!!

OMG, when your son ran to Mickey, too cute! To me, that's what it's all about - the joy in your child's eyes!

Thats really cool, me and my wife have always wanted to be in one of the parades or openings, thanks for sharing the video.

....Yes there was a PhotoPass photographer at the front of the park taking pictures from down below. Many of these are in the video. We don't have the CD back from PhotoPass yet so the PhotoPass pics shown in the video are just screen captures. Once we get the CD back my hubby will put in the high resolution photos and it will look even better. There was no PhotoPass person in Toontown but A CM from the entertainment department took our camera in Toontown and took photos of us meeting the characters, photos of the characters on the train and then the photos from the other side of the train with us facing the crowd.

The software is actually web-based application called Animoto.com -- they make it really easy to put in photos and video clips and turn out a great looking video.

The Toontown song is actually from Tokyo Disneyland and was on their Official Album years ago. The other music from the actual opening ceremony has been on the past few WDW official albums.

Thanks for answering my questions, dsneygirl. Very interesting, when you see it all come together.

I did visit the Animoto site, put together a DVD for my son and his wife of their baby shower for their first son, our grandson. I have been putting it off, doing it in Adobe Premiere, and now I have it finished. :woohoo:

Again, thanks for sharing your precious video and the answers to the various questions.

You obviously put in the a lot of time and work into this video, because it is very well made, and the feedback received is more than amazing! But if you love Disney as much as anyone here, I'm sure it didn't feel too much like work :).

This was a great video. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Great video. We are going in May for my DDs' 9th B-day. I can only wish we could get picked that day. That would be a birthday she would never forget.

Congratulations to you and your family. You son looked like he was having a ball. :cool1:

That was soooo awesome!!! My girls would simply die to be able to do that and meet all the characters like that. Wow! Love the shirts too :)

I don't know why but our "across the miles and over the years..." card (ours was for bellydancing, lol) always gets me all teary when I look at it :)

Yes. We were on the International Program and worked together in the Canada pavillon, back in the day of Beavertails.
That is so awesome!:)

Now,that is what I call a "real-life" Fairytale!:)

Is your experience unusual or has it happened "many" times?If so,I think Disney should have a "Reunion Weekend" each year for couples who met during their International/College Programs.:)

What could ever be more Magical than meeting your future Spouse while working at Walt Disney World?What AMAZING memories you guys must have!:)

That was amazing! Thanks for sharing - it brought back great memories of our family of the day experience. Congratulations on your magical morning!

That is so awesome!:)

Now,that is what I call a "real-life" Fairytale!:)

Is your experience unusual or has it happened "many" times?If so,I think Disney should have a "Reunion Weekend" each year for couples who met during their International/College Programs.:)

What could ever be more Magical than meeting your future Spouse while working at Walt Disney World?What AMAZING memories you guys must have!:)

We know of several couples from our era who married the person they met on the program. But there are lots of other relationships that are not as long lasting ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter