MK parade

smec73

Mouseketeer
Do they have a night time parade to replace the Electric light parade yet?

Hi all! Just catching up after a couple of years. Starting to plan a summer vacation. I had heard that they ended the Electrical parade... is there any talk of a replacement? Or a different nighttime parade?

Nothing yet!
And I'm kinda disappointed because I though they would add a new one really fast but I guess I was wrong :(

Nothing has been announced .... that isn't to say they aren't working on something.

Sometimes the best laid plans, don't work out ....

They probably never will have a night time parade again, which is sad. I guess they figure people will be disappointed but get used to it. Either that or they really are trying to get people to go to DL instead of WDW as a lot of their more recent efforts indicate.

As for ROL, I'm skeptical of its existence ever as well, it seems that they've basically given up on it as well as giving up on AK being open much later like this past summer

They probably never will have a night time parade again, which is sad. I guess they figure people will be disappointed but get used to it. Either that or they really are trying to get people to go to DL instead of WDW as a lot of their more recent efforts indicate.

As for ROL, I'm skeptical of its existence ever as well, it seems that they've basically given up on it as well as giving up on AK being open much later like this past summer

I don't believe this. I think they got themselves in a big pickle, kept moving forward leaving MK empty. I think they tried to scramble but failed. And now it's what do you do until the 50th? Multiple sources have nodded to Wishes being replaced this year so maybe that is the change for now .... I honestly do not believe this was the plan. I believe they screwed up.

ROL is a cluster. If the top brass aren't happy with it, and it sounds like it is not what was promised .......... what do you do? Throw it out there and take the critiques, retrofit for something else, hold and release when more attention will be focused on Pandora ........ who knows but I would not be surprised if one day it just starts running with zero fanfare.

I don't believe this. I think they got themselves in a big pickle, kept moving forward leaving MK empty. I think they tried to scramble but failed. And now it's what do you do until the 50th? Multiple sources have nodded to Wishes being replaced this year so maybe that is the change for now .... I honestly do not believe this was the plan. I believe they screwed up.

ROL is a cluster. If the top brass aren't happy with it, and it sounds like it is not what was promised .......... what do you do? Throw it out there and take the critiques, retrofit for something else, hold and release when more attention will be focused on Pandora ........ who knows but I would not be surprised if one day it just starts running with zero fanfare.

Don't remember where I read it, and don't want to turn this into a rumors thread. But I do remember something about DLR needing to refurbish Paint the Night after the 60th ended but not wanting to return to two Soundsational parades a day, and offering to refurbish MSEP in return for getting to use it at DL while PtN is down. If true, that would suggest MK would eventually get MSEP back, and may be why there hasn't been any official discussion about a replacement at MK.

Don't remember where I read it, and don't want to turn this into a rumors thread. But I do remember something about DLR needing to refurbish Paint the Night after the 60th ended but not wanting to return to two Soundsational parades a day, and offering to refurbish MSEP in return for getting to use it at DL while PtN is down. If true, that would suggest MK would eventually get MSEP back, and may be why there hasn't been any official discussion about a replacement at MK.

It needed a refurb and a lot had to do with the safety of the costumes. Way too may injuries and they are way too hot. I never heard that DL wanted MSEP back, it almost sounded like they were caught off guard by the whole thing. :confused3

There are rumbles of when they are done with MSEP it may go elsewhere but not necessarily WDW. I think there has been no official because it's a mess. MK CMs have been told things, none of which included MSEP coming back. Right now I'd rather they take their time and bring something of value rather than another ROL situation. Even Jingle BAM appeared to be a bust if they had to shift back to SW before the holidays were over. Quality needs to move back to the forefront of plans.

The new commercial for MSEP in DL is really pulling at me to get over to DL and see it. I know it inside and out and rather tired of it but something about seeing it where it started is tugging at me and it's an amazing commercial.

I love that MSEP is back at DL. Hope to see it again before it leaves.
We go in Apr and June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter