MK Park Hours changed, what to do with CP reservations?

rob6597

Earning My Ears
Here's my situation... when I booked our breakfast reservations (for me and DS13) for Crystal Palace at 8:00am on 3/11/15, the park was set to open at 9:00. As I'm looking today, the park will now be opening at 8:00.

This is the week following the start of daylight savings. So, this isn't just an issue with the clock being off an hour, right? The park will actually open now at 8:00 on that day?

Second, would you then keep these reservations, or spend that first hour in the park hitting the attractions and grabbing something to eat on-the-go? I'm leaning towards canceling, but would like your thoughts. I do have another character meal scheduled later in the trip (Garden Grill dinner).

Thanks!
Rob

I would try to change to a lunch ADR. Your benefit of early entry is gone. Don't also lose your benefit of being there the first hour the park is open.

This is fairly common during busy times of year.

I would have to ask why did you book cp
was it for the characters and meal or was it to get into the park early and try to get a jump on things

If it was to get into the park early get done fast and get a jump on things then cancel

Otherwise enjoy the meal really what are you going to miss out on

We are in the exact same situation (for 3/9). I cancelled our 8am CP and booked a late breakfast at 10:30am. That way we can take advantage of the lower crowds early and still enjoy breakfast at CP.

This happened to me in December. I ended up keeping our reservation. We had a wonderful breakfast and still enjoyed some rides before it got too busy.

If this is your only MK morning, then I would cancel and not waste valuable rope drop time in a restaurant. If you have more than one MK morning, then I would keep it...the opportunity for Main Street and the Castle practically all to yourself in my opinion is priceless, even if for just a few minutes...as you can see from my photo which is one of my favorite pics from all of our travels! This exact same thing happened to us this past Thanksgiving week...I was so disappointed, but we kept our reservation anyway as it was our second MK morning of our trip, so we got to experience both things, but I certainly did not like sitting there knowing all those people were getting a jump on that valuable morning time (we're not very laid back when it comes to our touring style:)). If you keep it, ask for your check as soon as you are seated, which will save a little time. (We even told our waitress the characters could skip our table...we were just there for the empty Main Street and the French puff toast!)

If you have an ADR for CP at 8:20am on a EMH day where they open at 8, will they let you in a little early to give you time to make it to your reservation on time (and get in a few castle pics before the crowds) or will you be waiting with everyone else?

I don't know about 8:20, but we got in at about 7:45 for an 8:10 CP reservation on a 8AM opening day. I would keep trying for an early reservation because 8:20 would, theoretically, given you plenty of time to get to CP with the general public opening. I have no idea what the actual policy is, though, I can only relate my experience.

OP, I would only keep the reservation if you want a chance to get in a little early and snap some good photos. It really depends on your attitude toward the park. If you would rather get a jump on the rides, it is not worth it to keep the reservation.

We only had one MK day, but walking around a mostly empty park for 10 minutes was much cooler than getting on the rides, IMO. But then again, we had two small kids who love Pooh, and the first thing we did was the SFR Treehouse and the Magic Carpet ride, not top priorities for most people. And a good breakfast buffet is my fav.

If your DS13 know about the trip why not ask him what his thoughts are also there may nos be as many people thee with the change in time as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter