MK parking

oynk

Mouseketeer
I am either an idiot or they need to do something about the disabled parking at MK. The last few times we have either been parked on the left side, or in the second section on the right.

Going in on the left is fine. Crosswalk to the sidewalk. But, when we leave that side is blocked off. I told the CM that we were parked on that side and he said to go on the right side and there would be a crosswalk under the bridge.

I never saw a crosswalk, and neither did the 20 other people who darted out into the road.

We have the same problem when we park in the second section on the right. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to safely cross.

So, what am I missing? The traffic was crazy yesterday and it was people with wheelchairs and canes who were not really able to sprint across.

If there really are crosswalks, they need to mark them more carefully

Did you at least see an underpass where a busy road itself was both straight and level over that?

The trams and also people walking from the parking lot go down,through the underpass, and back up the other side where the concourse with ticket booths, monorail station, etc. is (Transportation & Ticket Center).

Trams do not serve the "disabled lot" but if I remember they roll past it.

Last time I was there I did not see a lot of traffic accompanying the trams going through the underpass.

The straight busy road has the TTC guest dropoff and the Polynesian Resort entrances closest to where you were standing. I do not think there is a crosswalk directly on that road.

Guests without non-folding wheelchairs and scooters can request disabled spaces interspersed with the regular parking. The CM on a Segway will have you park on a colored patch (or do a little loop the loop and commence a new row) right at the tram lane while everyone else goes down the row being worked on.

Last edited:
I am not sure OP which sections you are speaking of. I know that I never had trouble crossing going or coming from HA Parking. I am getting confused on your left and right sides since I do not know which direction you are facing to consider left and right. Below I added a picture with a map, if you can indicate which Sections, then I could see what might be the issue.

[GALLERY=]upload_2015-7-7_14-38-56.jpeg[/GALLERY]

I am not sure OP which sections you are speaking of. I know that I never had trouble crossing going or coming from HA Parking. I am getting confused on your left and right sides since I do not know which direction you are facing to consider left and right. Below I added a picture with a map, if you can indicate which Sections, then I could see what might be the issue.

[GALLERY=]View attachment 108131[/GALLERY]

Ok, yeah the picture really helps. I think the usual handicapped lot is 3. I am talking about 2, and also the unmarked area behind 3.

After seeing your picture, I double checked on Google Earth, and I still don't see a crosswalk.

Walking on the same side as 3 is fine. Parking in 2 and walking on that side under the overpass is fine, but when we left, we were directed on the "3" side and told to cross once we got under the overpass.

Traffic was a few cars, but mostly trams, but since the trams don't stop there, they are going full speed.

There is a crosswalk on that side, but it is at the Tram unloading/loading zone. It's hard to explain unless you have walked it. But on the actual disabled lot you follow the sidewalk that takes you under the bridge past the old kennel/lost and found and now the little gift store "Mickey's Gift Station" right in front of you. If you are parked in the overflow across the tram lane you do have to either cross the tram lane to the disabled lot, or follow to the sidewalk at the bridge on your side. The side walk on that side on your side also goes under the bridge. You are now where the tram pulls up in front of the ticket booths and there is a cross walk to the TTC. The small gift store "Mickey's Gift Station." is across to the right. I used to work at TTC, and would cross here daily.

And yes the trams do not stop. And there is signage to say so, yet that doesn't cause people to even bat an eyelash or think twice about stepping foot off the curb without looking.

[QUOTE="Wishes The side walk on that side on your side also goes under the bridge. You are now where the tram pulls up in front of the ticket booths and there is a cross walk to the TTC. The small gift store "Mickey's Gift Station." is across to the right. I used to work at TTC, and would cross here daily.

Several times now the CMs have blocked that sidewalk when we were leaving and sent us past the kennel to cross once we got under the bridge.

We've been parked and walked back to our car like that many times. Yes, you are crossing through tram traffic and I've never seen a designated cross walk from 3 to 2.

Okay, to get from Lot 3 to Lot 2, I would cross just before you get to the lot of Lot 3. This is the tram lane and is easier to cross. Then once you are on the side of Lot 2, you would cross the tram lane and then cross at the cross walks.
Crossing TTC.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter