MK Rides Closed - 10/7

jtwibih

Mouseketeer
Anyone noticed in the MDE app that more than a few attractions are closed at MK right now? Any idea what’s going on? It looks like Tales with Belle, 7DMT, BTMRR, Small World, Dumbo, Speedway, Astro Orbiter, Magic Carpets and Treehouse. Seems like an odd mix.......

Anytime you see a slew of rides closed, especially outdoor rides, majority of the time it's going to be due to weather. Next cause in line would be some type of power outage

Small World shouldn't close in bad weather...but ETWB, perhaps the friend(s) of Belle were not at the library yet and getting there would have required going outside?

It was storming like crazy then. Lots of lightning. We got rained out at DHS tonight.

Honest question here. Why do people not think weather when they see a lot of rides closed?

I think some people who have never been to WDW or don't usually go during times when the storms are a daily occurrence aren't likely to think about weather as the cause. If you go frequently and/or live/have lived in FL you immediately assume it is weather related and don't worry about it because you know they will be back up and running once the storm passes.

I think it's like anything to do with the weather. If you're not familiar with it, you don't understand it. Why do parts of the south shut down for half an inch of snow? They don't get it that often. Would I know what to do if there was a tornado warning? Nope.

Honest question here. Why do people not think weather when they see a lot of rides closed?

Why do so many people honestly believe Disney has a bubble
and then ask MK CMs when Disney is going to open the bubble when it rains?

:rotfl2::umbrella::rotfl2::umbrella::rotfl2::umbrella:

I always wonder when I see these threads why people are looking at MDE rides at all when they are not there. I might check park hours for an upcoming trip, but never look at rides times. We're all different I guess.

I always wonder when I see these threads why people are looking at MDE rides at all when they are not there. I might check park hours for an upcoming trip, but never look at rides times. We're all different I guess.
I think some people are just curious. Others are researching ride wait times on similar crowd level days for their own trips. Some checking this weekend might have just been looking to see how high the numbers would go on Columbus Day weekend.

I look just because I like to. Kinda the same reason I come to this site. I wish I was independently wealthy and could just live at OKW and have a LIFETIME pass but unfortunately that's just not in the cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter