MK rope drop priority?

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
We are headed to MK next Monday and my youngest is a Splash Mountain lover. She wants to ride it at least 2-3x that day. It's our top priority ride and I had planned to head there at RD, but am now reading that Splash is often down at rope drop anywhere from 25%-50% of the time? Is there any way to know this when you arrive at the park? Should we shift our plans to hit up SDMT at RD instead? (Along with everyone else?) We are staying off site so I feel like we are already at a disadvantage.....

We are headed to MK next Monday and my youngest is a Splash Mountain lover. She wants to ride it at least 2-3x that day. It's our top priority ride and I had planned to head there at RD, but am now reading that Splash is often down at rope drop anywhere from 25%-50% of the time? Is there any way to know this when you arrive at the park? Should we shift our plans to hit up SDMT at RD instead? (Along with everyone else?) We are staying off site so I feel like we are already at a disadvantage.....
It can be....but thats the way we head every RD....and if it is down, we do Big Thunder....or double back for Pirates...or both!

I agree to do BTMR if it’s down . Splash doesn’t open until park opening while sometimes BTMR opens early . We were there at the end of June and that was the week they stopped letting people on early for anything. Rope drop was at 9 on the dot 😞 Hopefully they start letting people on early again . Have fun !

Always head that way at RD and hit Pirates first then slide over to Splash Mt and BTMR...good idea in most parks to go left. A study I once read said people tend to go right when given the option. Hummm!!!

I was just wondering about this strategy. I have it as BTMR, Splash, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion. I am planning on touring plans and the wait times are soooo low I just don't believe it could be real. It is saying we will be done with all of those by like 10:30 and that's even having Magic Carpets thrown in there just because of distance. Are wait times really that low in the mornings? We are going October 24th-30th, so with the 50th anniversary I feel like it's even less likely! Maybe I will check the app first thing tomorrow morning just to get an idea LOL. Anyone been there recently and have insight?

I was just wondering about this strategy. I have it as BTMR, Splash, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion. I am planning on touring plans and the wait times are soooo low I just don't believe it could be real. It is saying we will be done with all of those by like 10:30 and that's even having Magic Carpets thrown in there just because of distance. Are wait times really that low in the mornings? We are going October 24th-30th, so with the 50th anniversary I feel like it's even less likely! Maybe I will check the app first thing tomorrow morning just to get an idea LOL. Anyone been there recently and have insight?
I think it really depends when you are going. I have been there in Nov and he’s accomplished that. I have been there late Feb and it’s a big nope.

I think it really depends when you are going. I have been there in Nov and he’s accomplished that. I have been there late Feb and it’s a big nope.
I am going October 24th-30th so halloween week and anniversary month, so probably impossible LOL

I am going October 24th-30th so halloween week and anniversary month, so probably impossible LOL
I'm going that week as well but with my two granddaughters. They aren't tall enough for some of the rides (any of the coasters really) so an easier path for me.

During our two trips in 2021, neither splash or BT were open early. By the time we walked from there to 7DMT, the wait was more than an hour. Womp womp. My 10 yo has stopper believing in RD as a good strategy as a result 😂

I’d love to know if there is a way to find out what will be open before arriving at park (or upon arrival)

We just got back yesterday. We were at MK for rope drop on 8/8 and 8/11. Both days they held us at the entrance to the "lands" until 9:00 on the dot. One of m DDs realy wanted to do 7DMT, so we headed there first on 8/8, but by the time we got there the wait was already 45 minutes (at 9:02!), so we changed plans and headed to Frontierland. Splash was down, so we rode Big Thunder (20 minute wait). When we got off Big Thunder, Splash was open but was 45 minutes. We waited in line for it, and I'm glad we did, because that was the shortest posted wait time all day. You should definitely head to Splash first, and if it is down ride Big Thunder. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter