MK rope drop strategies...

Colgal77

Mouseketeer
We will be going to the MK twice beginning of Feb. First day we plan to RD Fantasyland. Second... not sure yet. Am leaning towards going the other way and heading to Frontierland.

Any suggestions or experiences for RD Frontierland? Or completely diff't ideas/experiences to RD any other land besides Fantasyland.

We will be going to the MK twice beginning of Feb. First day we plan to RD Fantasyland. Second... not sure yet. Am leaning towards going the other way and heading to Frontierland.

Any suggestions or experiences for RD Frontierland? Or completely diff't ideas/experiences to RD any other land besides Fantasyland.
What fast passes do you have?
Normally I split my MK days to focus on Tomorrowland/Fantasyland one day and Adventureland/Frontierland the other day and mosey around the park doing whatever after we knock out what we have planned. For this, I'd fastpass Splash Mtn and BTMRR and RD adventureland stuff. But that obviously depends on what you've booked so far.

I've done the Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion track for rope drop easily.

My favorite at rope drop is the Frontierland/Adventureland track. BTMRR, Splash Mountain, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise in that order with minimal waits in that first hour. BTMRR is such a fast ride, you can do it a couple of times within the first 15-20 minutes of rope drop with no waits.

For adventure/frontier day I’d rope drop Jungle cruise (line builds surprinsgly fast and boats are slow to load) then BTMRR (can ride at least twice early in day since its so quick) then splash. Then either haunted mansion or Return to Adventureland for pirates and the magic carpet ride if interested. You should be able to get that all done within first 1.5-2 hrs then save your fast passes for 11am+ in rest of park

Exactly. We are planning on rope dropping Jungle Cruise and the hitting Pirates and maybe some dole whip and Tiki Birds, THEN using our 1st FP on Splash Mountain...

I would to to BMTRR and then Splash, Pirates, Jungle Cruise (carpets if you are interested) and skip Tiki unless walking is an issue - head through the cut through back to Liberty Square and go to Haunted Mansion.

I do not waste time in the first 2-3 hours with any ride/show that is longer and has a high capacity. These are great for around lunch when the park gets to its highest capacity of the day (and unless it is great weather the best time to get inside out of the heat/rain etc.) - we do those and our FP+ options from 11 - 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter