• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK Terrace fully booked Dec 7-10?

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
This isn't a big issue for me, but I thought I might add a reservation for the MK terrace. I've never seen it completely booked up before, even a few days before my trip. I go this time every year. Has the terrace been a lot busier lately? Guess we'll try a walk-up if we decide to give it a whirl. I honestly usually just do a walk-up anyway, but now I'm curious if it has become more popular.

Weird. We were there last week and I was checking reservation availability before our trip and saw MK available. Not at peak times. But available. Not having a MK anymore, we really missed MK terrace. It’s one of our favorites! Maybe it’s just a glitch?

Could it be because they are changing Blue Sky Cellar into a DVC Welcome Home Center? I'm not sure of the exact timeline. Didn't they announce that change at the same time the announced that Beast's Library is closing? I think the last day for Beast's Library is Dec 10.

Could it be because they are changing Blue Sky Cellar into a DVC Welcome Home Center? I'm not sure of the exact timeline. Didn't they announce that change at the same time the announced that Beast's Library is closing? I think the last day for Beast's Library is Dec 10.
I have a reservation for December 12 so it will definitely still be open at that point but I guess nearby construction could have them limiting the reservations.

I think they are booked up since my friend has a reservation for December 8th. I'm guessing keyholders are interested because the menu recently changed and there's a special World of Color dining package just for the terrace.

I think they are booked up since my friend has a reservation for December 8th. I'm guessing keyholders are interested because the menu recently changed and there's a special World of Color dining package just for the terrace.
Ooooooh, I'll bet that's it! I didn't realize MK terrace had a WOC dining package.

Thanks for all of the responses. It's quite a change to have to work at a reservation for MK :)

I’m curious, since all MKs are blocked over the holidays, will MK terrace be closed? I’m assuming yes….but wondering what they will do during that time. Interesting for sure.

I’m curious, since all MKs are blocked over the holidays, will MK terrace be closed? I’m assuming yes….but wondering what they will do during that time. Interesting for sure.
Hmmm, I never thought about that. Maybe that's when they'll make the Blue Sky Cellar/DVC Center change?

Interesting. Maybe! I’m curious if they’ll open to everyone during that time🤔
MKT was open last year during the MK block. It was so dead up there that they did open up to everyone. But most non-MKs don't know to look for MKT, so it stayed painfully slow until the MKs returned in January. CMs told us they were SO glad to see MKs come back!

Didn't the Magic Key Terrace also get recently added as a World of Color dining package location? I had assumed that was why the lack of reservations on my recent trip.

MKT was open last year during the MK block. It was so dead up there that they did open up to everyone. But most non-MKs don't know to look for MKT, so it stayed painfully slow until the MKs returned in January. CMs told us they were SO glad to see MKs come back!

And this is the first block out period where there shouldn't be any valid Dreams anymore. Last of them should have expired back in October. It'll be dead dead if it's still open during the block out period.

And this is the first block out period where there shouldn't be any valid Dreams anymore. Last of them should have expired back in October. It'll be dead dead if it's still open during the block out period.
Because of this I will be keeping a close eye on the app and wait times. Really curious just how crowded it will be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter