MK tip for morning people

sillyspook13

Married on the Wonder!
I have found a way to avoid lines at Adventureland, Frontierland, and Liberty Square. One morning, I got to an early Entry at about 8:15. At about 8:45 I went to the entrance to Adventureland to wait for it to open at 9:00. This side of the park was not crowded because people were still in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland for the early opening. I reccomend that you head straight back to Frontierland to ride Splash Mountain and Big Thunder with no wait. Then go to Adventureland. The morning I did this was the day of the official opening of Aladdin's Magic Carpets. I managed to be on the official first ride!:p

This strategy works well on the day after EE, too (i.e., Sunday, Tuesday, Friday), especially during the slower times of the year. We've been able to walk on to PotC, Splash and BTMRR (twice in a row) before the lines start to form.

Another place to go right after park opening, especially if you have children, is Mickey's Toontown Fair. A couple times on our trip last August, we took the train to Mickey's Toontown Fair. There are usually characters roaming around without tons of people pushing to see them. My youngest brother even got to ride the Barnstormer with Goofy. I believe he rode it a total of five or six times with no wait. Seeing the look on his face when he got to ride with Goofy was priceless though! :D

VelvetGloves

How was the Magic Carpet ride and how was the feel for the new digs around the ride (the simulated Agrabar Market place)?

Thanks for the head's up.......:cool:

Now tell us about that magic carpet ride, I am dying to know the details!

Thanks

The majic carpet ride is ok. Its about the same as Dumbo. The area around it is very cool.

I liked the Magic Carpets MUCH better than Dumbo. They are much quieter. (the hydraulics on Dumbo and Astro Orbiter hurt my ears.) More people fit on the ride, so the line moves much faster. Also, a camel spits water at the passengers! (remember the camels from the Aladdin parade?) I also like the area around the ride, especially now that the Sunshine Tree Terrace is opened again. Gotta love those citrus swirls!;)

I definitely remember those pesky camels in that parade (miss those great parades at MGM :-( )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter