MK to Chef Mickey's travel time?

scrapfrenzy

Earning My Ears
Newbie here, just booked our first ever WDW vacation! Been to DL lots of times, but never to WDW.

Anyways, if we have a 5:00pm reservation at Chef Mickey's, would we have enough time to eat and get back in time for electrical light parade at 7:00pm? I haven't seen it since I was a kid at DL and I know DS would love it!

And any tips for a good location to view it from?

Thank all!

Well it all depends just how much time you and your family take eating really. Its a buffet style restaurant and the characters do come around quite quickly. Personally I'd say yes you'd have enough time as its only going to take about 10-15 mins to get to the MK by monorail on the resort line or you could walk it quicker on the side walk provided. Is it the only day this parade is on while you are there? If not I would just go and see it another day so you don't feel rushed or maybe re book Chef Mickey..:)

Oh and the parade is good from where ever you decide, but by the time you get there it will already be packed with people coming in to watch it and therefore you might just have to go with the flow!

You can either walk to CR or take the monorail. either way takes less than 15 minutes. so you have about an hour which is plenty for an outstanding buffet.

All of the most advantageous spots will be taken upon your return. I'd suggest either taking your time at dinner and skipping the parade or just be resigned to an OK but not great view of the parade.

Pop

Personally, I think you will be rushed. You are going to be spending a lot of money to eat and you don't want to miss all of the characters. You also want to grab a good place for the parade. Can you do the ADR earlier than 5?

Since you haven't been to WDW before, keep in mind it is impossible to do everything there...unless you spend several weeks! Pick and choose carefully.

For this to work I would recommend using the walkway when going from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary and then using it it again when going back once your meal is finished, because it's no more then a 10 minute walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter