MK to Epcot: Bus or Monorails?

carlbarry

DIS Veteran
Which would be faster, on a Monday at around 6 pm, going from MK to Epcot:
1. Bus
2. Monorail to TTC and then Monorail to Epcot
Thanks! I always rent a car, but I think hitting MK early, then hopping to Epcot, and then at closing going from Epcot to my resort, AKL, Disney Transport will be better.

Buses are mostly to take you to/from your resort to one of the Disney Parks. Monorail is very convenient and free compared to hiring a taxi.

After much searching (and you would think that Disney would make this information easy to find) you are correct---to go from MK to any other park requires taking the Monorail to the TTC.
So I guess that answers my question!
You only need to go to the TTC when going to Epcot (when the monorail is running). There are buses to DAK & DHS from the MK bus depot.

Most of the time the parks are open only one of those choices will be available. So the question of which is faster is academic.

Normal service between Magic Kingdom and Epcot is via monorail.

Should the monorail go out of service, bus service will be substituted.

There will be a short time period with with both bus and monorail service each time monorail service resumes.

Last edited:
After much searching (and you would think that Disney would make this information easy to find) you are correct---to go from MK to any other park requires taking the Monorail to the TTC.

At least you found out here, unlike me who decided in his infinite wisdom to try and catch a nonexistent bus (since the monorail was working)...only to need to go back through security to catch the monorail.

At least you found out here, unlike me who decided in his infinite wisdom to try and catch a nonexistent bus (since the monorail was working)...only to need to go back through security to catch the monorail.
In New York City we finally have coherent subway and bus maps. You would think that Disney, with a much, much smaller system, would be able to supply this information.

Disney provides transportation, but they're not in the business of transportation. But they do publish a transportation guide. There's an image of one in a current thread - maybe EEMH, or a Skyliner thread?

Disney provides transportation, but they're not in the business of transportation. But they do publish a transportation guide. There's an image of one in a current thread - maybe EEMH, or a Skyliner thread?
I've searched and searched, and it seems to be futile. The only "official" link I find is a Disney FAQ about transportation. After clicking through 3 "click here to learn more about Disney transportation" there finally is a map--of where the bus stops are. But nothing about where the buses go!

Yes, I came across this one. It's about the best, if difficult to trace the routes. So why can't Disney supply this?
Too many variations by time-of-day, crowd level, etc. It's easier just to post the options at each location, and say "Transfer at an open theme park or DS when traveling between resorts."

(Disney doesn't always do a stellar job of posting the options, but that's the approach they've chosen.)

ETA: You may notice that the map linked to above is actually more complex than the NYC subway map.) :)

Incorrect. With the exception of Epcot, there are bus stations at MK for HS and AK.

It depends on where in Epcot you want to go.

For Future World, the monorails are probably quickest.

For World Showcase, you can take the first bus to BC/YC/BWI and enter through the International Gateway to WS. That would save having to walk all the way from the front of the park to the back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter