MLK Weekend Crowds

Steven Leandres

sleandres
We're a family of DL vets making our first trip to WDW, will be there 1/13-21. How busy should we expect it to be that first weekend, including the holiday Monday?

We have went to MK several times on the Friday before MLK. Best I can describe it's like a busy June day. Not crazy busy, but your not walking onto any rides either.

MLK is crowded but not crazy crowded. We have found Monday to be better than Saturday and Sunday. Crowds really drop off after MLK. You'll have a great first trip to WDW.

You might want to avoid MK on Saturday and Sunday, though the other parks should be fine. Last January we found it to be busy, though not uncomfortably so like the Saturday after MLK day (though by that time we had been there for a week and our crowd level tolerance had plummeted). Enjoy your first trip to Florida. I'll be there the same dates as you.

Thanks! Unfortunately Sunday was the only day I could get BOG reservations, so we will be at MK that day. I’m not overly worried, FP+ gives me a little bit of hope. It’s much more difficult to get things done at DL in large crowds. Either way we’ll have a blast!

We're a family of DL vets making our first trip to WDW, will be there 1/13-21. How busy should we expect it to be that first weekend, including the holiday Monday?

We've been on MLK weekend the last two years (and again this year) and didn't think the crowds were an issue at all.

We’re going to be there as well. It is our first time in January and we are only going for the long weekend for my birthday. Kids are in high school and college so it’s tough to get everyone together without going in the summer. Our last two trips were also over long weekends (Memorial and Columbus Day) and we had no issues with crowds then either. If you plan correctly you’ll be fine. Have fun!

We will also be there! Friday to Wed, here's to hoping the cold weather will scare everyone away! hope everyone has a great time!

Happy to hear everyone has reported manageable crowds for that weekend in the past. Will be getting there on Sunday, not hitting MK until Tuesday. Have a great trip everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter