MM and getting photo for ticket

awdsmama

DIS Veteran
I was going to use our MM on our first park day.

How much time will this eat up or will they start the process in the lines before the turnstiles open?

If it takes up too much time I guess we could do MM on our last day instead

Last year I don't remember it taking that long to get your picture taken at the gate. Maybe an extra 30 seconds on average. There were a few guests that maybe the iPhone app was acting up so it took a little bit longer but not a real significant amount of time that I recall.

My DH did have to have his pic taken on several entries/re-entries for whatever reason but again, it look a small amount of time.

Some CMs will start the process before the turnstiles open, but not all. The ones that do step outside their gate and go down the line checking everyone's passes to see if they have parkhoppers and if they have their picture in the system. If someone's picture wasn't in the system, they would take the picture right there while waiting in line. But even if the CM in your line doesn't do that, the PPs are right, it barely takes time for them to snap the picture. On your first day they also give you a sharpie to write your name on the back of your pass.

Thank you everyone! I remember hearing the "horror stories" from when they first implemented this. Glad to hear it's much better now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter