MM Warriors - Three Steps to Good Health (As of 11/18)

Beverly: Love the stamps idea for the older folks! Really great! (Robin's Type A, you know:lmao:)

Kate: A Chia Pet??:lmao:

Nell: I adore nice things that go next to your skin - jammies, sheets, towels, ummmmm.

Did anyone else watch the Biggest Loser tonight? OMG - what a tear jerker it was. So many touching moments.

I am really interested in hearing the results of the muffin testings. I went to the other site and was overwhelmed with the pages of muffin talk. I am going to have to try the one for the meatball sub.

Robin - You did really well with your shopping. :santa: That kind of shopping really is in the spirit of the season.

I went to Macy's today for a Analon saute pan that was advertised. Reg. $80 - on sale for $29.99 and I had a $10 savings pass. Yeah! I also bought my 'boyfriend' (seems weird calling a grown man that) two sweaters that were 50% off. When I got home I noticed one had a little pull in it. So tomorrow I'll be back to return it. Danger, danger Will Robinson.

Hi,

It took me so long to get through the posts that I had to go to the new thread.:) Thanks Beverly

Had a busy day - went to water aerobics very early, came home and then played bridge all afternoon. When I got back I put a turkey in the oven that I just took out. I'll take the meat off the bones in the AM and freeze it. (This was a special at $3.00). I have another in the freezer for the holidays.

We will not be home for dinner for the next several nights - two are restaurant meals so those will be fine, not sure about Friday night, though.

Kate – glad to hear your niece is doing better. How sad, though, that these days everyone seems to think they need to be the best and will do whatever it takes, even if it does them in.

Robin - When we lived in CA I always got tucked in under a fleece throw – I think they are wonderful. You got a lot of great suggestions from everyone.

Nell – how great that you will soon be in the 200’s. A great milestone.

Melanie, so glad you are back and feeling better. Give your mother our best, too. Non working computers are such a pain!!

The guar and xanthum are the ingredients in the Thick ‘n Thin and they should be available in health food stores. I have also just boiled down the broth to make it thicker.

Kathy – your “stuffing muffin” sounds great. I would try putting up the link and see what happens or e-mail it to all of us!! I see it worked. I have it saved. Thank you!

Laura – hope you are feeling better soon.

Hi Natalie

Lisa – glad your parents liked the show.

Our gifts to each other these days are trips. I love to see the world and have been very fortunate to do that the past many years. Saves on wrapping paper!!!:santa:

The 72 foot sailboat is still on the reef. It is supposed to be floated off this morning at 4AM when high tide hits. Unfortunately it will be too dark to see, but would be interesting. According to the news, the owner has had this happen before. He needs to learn to read charts!! It is in the area our son loved to surf.

I was watching Biggest Loser as I read and typed. Did you see her on Jay Leno and her surprise announcement? All the exercise really has worked for her!!

Hope everyone had a great night’s sleep and I’ll “see” you later in your day!

Good morning everyone. Sorry I went MIA last night. Just Mike and I and ended up having some quiet time with just the two of us. We don't get that too much, except for walking Tyson once in a while, so I take it anywhere I can.

Bev, thanks for asking about Carrie. She is due to go back to the "normal" school on the 19th or 20th. I need to call to make sure. No news from the police yet. We did call the trooper, and he hadn't gotten in touch with the DA. He said he has just been too busy. So I think he's putting it off as long as possible, if he does at all. He thinks it's all BS like we do.

I would like to ask for prayers once again for Mike's son. He had been in a rehab, then they sent him to a half way house down by Philadelphia. We told them Michael wasn't ready for that, but they did anyway. Within 3 days, he walked to the closest Rite Aid and got some cough medicine. So they put him into a lock down mental health/rehab facility right in Philly. We had heard when he was in the half way house he was thinking of running. We had to get in touch with his PO to find out where they sent him to as he never signed any privacy papers letting information out to us. His PO got the information Michael was in this lock down facility. He told Michael if he ran, he'd issue a warrant for his arrest immediately. Just found out Monday that he managed to run sometime Sat. They did a bed count Sunday morning, and he was gone. We have no idea where he is but his PO said if they manage to pick him up, he'd call us right away. I know this sounds weird, but please pray that he gets arrested. We would then know where he's at, and that he isn't doing this dang Robutussin and heaven knows what else. He did talk to one of his former teachers on Sunday, and she never informed us she has been talking to him this whole time. She knew he was going to run and never said anything. This really burns me. She told Mike that when Michael does 400ml of it he does ok. She can tell when he does more. WTH? Why would someone, much less a teacher, encourage this? She has to have a nut loose or something. I wonder how she would feel if this was one of her kids.
Ok, enough of that.

Got to get ready for work now. Took too long to type this. I'll catch up with you all later.

Kate, still saying prayers for your niece.

:grouphug:

Kathy - You have my prayers for Michael and your family.

Kathy - You have my prayers for Michael and your family.

Thank you Diane. I never thought I'd see the day where I would pray that one of the kids get arrested. But I honestly feel that if it doesn't happen, he will end up dead from OD'ing. He has come pretty close the last couple times. This last time, about a month ago, he did stop breathing. Mike had to wake him up and we took him to the ER. I try very hard to not let it get to me. I can't be responsible for what he does, but you all know how that goes.Thanks aga
Now off to work.

THANKS BEV!!
THanks Bev!!
Thanks Bev!!

Sorry, Pony is so Type A!! Love you guys!! I was just worried, since I thought someone said in the beginning that they would cut us off at 1500 or 2000 posts or something...I HATE to lose touch and not know where everyone is!!:confused3 I know I can be such a pain sometimes!!:rolleyes1

Kathy - Will be praying for Michael and for you guys too...I have seen so many youths in trouble over the years...it is heartbreaking, since so many of them are from good families who just do not understand why this is happening...getting arrested will be the best thing that can happen...he needs some sort of "tough love" facility...maybe one of those where the kids work with animals or something and find out that when they are responsible for the well being of someone else, their own life becomes more worthwhile to them...I was blessed to watch a local boy from my old police district go through one of these programs and come out on the other side in such a positive manner...maybe I will see if I can find out if there is such a place near to you. Thank goodness you and Mike were able to have that alone time....it is always so important, but even more so when you are troubled...

Bev- what the heck is Mindflex and where would I find it for you? Since I live in the boonies, maybe I would be likely to find it here?

Kate - prayers still going out for your niece...hope you get some good news today...OMG a CHIA PET??:eek: I think it makes the generator look like a darn fine gift!! :laughing:

Nell - I told Ken about the generator thing a long time ago, so he has been forewarned!! I think the ring might have been his answer to that !! I LOVE getting slippers and fuzzy socks too! I have them all over the house, since you just never know where you will be when you need them!!

Lisa - I would be happy to e-mail you the Pumpkin bread recipe...will track it down later and send it along...it truly is the best I have ever tasted...I tend to not like breads like that...seems they are always kind of dry, but this one is so moist and yummy. I even have to bring a bunch of them back up north when I go!

Diane - I did have fun shopping for my "Angel"...I find that these things are really needed, and I feel so good that I can help in some small way. I think I will add some stamps to the mix too though, since I got the note cards....never even thought about how much stamps are these days!! Sounds like you got some great deals shopping too...I think the retailers are quite terrified that they will have another awful season, so are putting the deals out there earlier instead of waiting til the week before...great for those of us who want to get the shopping overwith earlier!!!

Jocelyn - I have those fleece throws EVERYWHERE...in my car, on the couch, on the bed, in my computer room...they wash well, are less to drag around than a normal blanket, light but very warm...and I must say the DOG has his own too!! He even has a backup for when his has to go in the wash!!:lmao:

Thank you Diane. I never thought I'd see the day where I would pray that one of the kids get arrested. But I honestly feel that if it doesn't happen, he will end up dead from OD'ing. He has come pretty close the last couple times. This last time, about a month ago, he did stop breathing. Mike had to wake him up and we took him to the ER. I try very hard to not let it get to me. I can't be responsible for what he does, but you all know how that goes.Thanks aga
Now off to work.

Oh, Kathy. That is so hard. One of my good friends was a crack addict. She lost everything. Her condo, her nice car, custody of her daughter and some of her teeth. She has been clean for almost three years now. I used to pray that she would be arrested because I thought that at least she would be safe.

This is a dumb question but is up with the Robittusin? Is there alcohol in it?

Please keep us posted and I am praying for Michael and your family.

Jocelyn - I have those fleece throws EVERYWHERE...in my car, on the couch, on the bed, in my computer room...they wash well, are less to drag around than a normal blanket, light but very warm...and I must say the DOG has his own too!! He even has a backup for when his has to go in the wash!!:lmao:

Robin - now I REALLY want to live with you. Besides the ponies and baby cow (I bet he has grown up a lot), you have slippers, fuzzy sock and fleece throws all over your house! I think I would just feel right at home! Maybe I could take over the cooking? I know that Halle would love it too! Although she tends to bark at horses..... I am sure I could teach her a thing or too. I am not sure about Brad though. I will have to check in with him and see what he thinks? Anyway, I am sure it wouldn't be until after the holidays - Brad has a lot of work to do and I can't get organized for a move for at least a month! :rotfl2::lmao:

The 72 foot sailboat is still on the reef. It is supposed to be floated off this morning at 4AM when high tide hits. Unfortunately it will be too dark to see, but would be interesting. According to the news, the owner has had this happen before. He needs to learn to read charts!! It is in the area our son loved to surf.

I was watching Biggest Loser as I read and typed. Did you see her on Jay Leno and her surprise announcement? All the exercise really has worked for her!!

Morning, Jocelyn. You would think that if you had a 72 foot sailboat, that you would know how to read charts! Especially if it has happened before! Let us know if it floated off..... I watched Biggest Loser but missed Jay Leno? Who was on and what was the surprise announcement?

Robin - MIndflex is a new kids toy. It uses brain waves to levitate balls through obstacle courses. The normal price is $80. Wal-Mart and Toys R Us have had it for $59.99. Amazon has one available for $159.00 (not paying that).

You might see it at Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, etc. Really, anyplace that sells toys. They sell out as soon as they hit the shelf.

Kathy - glad to hear Carrie is doing well, sorry to hear your step-son is struggling so much at this time. Glad you got some quiet time with DH last night.

Jocelyn - too bad you can't watch them float off the sailboat. My DS15 sails, and just loves it.

Kate - I have some spare boxes in the basement if you need them for packing.:rotfl: Still praying.

Diane - good job at Macy's. My mom went to Kohl's on Sunday and bought me a $100 enameled cast iron dutch oven for $26.00. She gave it to me then, it's not even a Christmas present.!:woohoo:

How do you guys oven cook your turkeys? anybody ever use the oven bag? A co-worker told me her best turkey ever was the one she cooked in a bag....not so sure about that! My mom always put cheesecloth on hers...we fried one last year, but it was such a mess we just dont have the energy to bother with all that this year!!!

Kate - I am clearing out your new room right now! Halle will learn the hard way about barking at ponies!! They tend to take matters into their own hands...they dont mind the barking, but if a dog tries to chase them, there are hooves flying!! All the dogs we have had over the years have learned the hard way...duh, dogs are just kind of dumb about some things...even the smartest ones I ever had thought that chasing the ponies would be so much fun! Not a single one ever tried it a second time!!:)

I would be totally thrilled to hand over the cooking, and how does Brad feel about cleaning barns and mowing pastures? I would be happy to hand over those chores too! Oh yeah, and putting up hay, and changing tractor oil and pulling weeds...those are on my giveaway list too!!

Bev - get those boxes out...I have some leftovers from my move too! I have to go to Walmart tomorrow on my way to work so will scope out the Mindflex thing...

off to work, check in later!!

How do you guys oven cook your turkeys? anybody ever use the oven bag? A co-worker told me her best turkey ever was the one she cooked in a bag....not so sure about that! My mom always put cheesecloth on hers...we fried one last year, but it was such a mess we just dont have the energy to bother with all that this year!!!

Mom and I always used the bags until I saw Christina Ferrare (sp) on Oprah last year. I followed her recipes and it was the best turkey we ever had. The bag makes it moist, but this is even way better. It's on Oprah's website.

Robin - MIndflex is a new kids toy. It uses brain waves to levitate balls through obstacle courses. The normal price is $80. Wal-Mart and Toys R Us have had it for $59.99. Amazon has one available for $159.00 (not paying that).

You might see it at Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, etc. Really, anyplace that sells toys. They sell out as soon as they hit the shelf.

Kathy - glad to hear Carrie is doing well, sorry to hear your step-son is struggling so much at this time. Glad you got some quiet time with DH last night.

Jocelyn - too bad you can't watch them float off the sailboat. My DS15 sails, and just loves it.

Kate - I have some spare boxes in the basement if you need them for packing.:rotfl: Still praying.

Diane - good job at Macy's. My mom went to Kohl's on Sunday and bought me a $100 enameled cast iron dutch oven for $26.00. She gave it to me then, it's not even a Christmas present.!:woohoo:

I didn't know Amazon was overpriced. I'll research and see if I find it. If I still lived up in Northern Maine I probably could find it locally. Here there is too many people. It looks like a really neat game!

I didn't know Amazon was overpriced. I'll research and see if I find it. If I still lived up in Northern Maine I probably could find it locally. Here there is too many people. It looks like a really neat game!

I think it looks like fun too, I just need to find it.

Thanks for the info on Amazon, but by the time I got to it, they only had the way overpriced store. I had to pass at $150.00. We already bought her an electric scooter, so this will be her last gift.

Kate, I put Kristi's name on the prayer rolls. Thanks. It sounds like you need to get away from it all for a weekend or longer? Will you get time next week? Does Brad have to work the whole Thanksgiving weekend? Hope you can find some down time together. It sounds also like maybe you're going thru the "no kids at home and why is it so quiet and what am I to do with all this peacefulness " blues. I'm not looking forward to that day. My heart and thoughts go out to you. Here's a great, big hug.:hug:

Robin, I have always cooked my turkeys in the oven bag..no basting and moist meat with the top browned. The last 2 years I have soaked the bird in a brine starting the night before and it has turned out wonderful! I always stuff sprigs of rosemary, thyme, mashed garlic and melted butter between the skin and the meat. Kind of yucky sliding my hands around under the skin, but it makes for a savory bird.

My husband once got me a manual can opener for Christmas...that was it.
He has also brought me "used" flowers from a wedding gig he played. He really expected them to count as an "I thought of you and love you so much that I brought you flowers" kind of a gift. He still doesn't get it!

Kathy, Will be praying that Michael gets the help he needs and that he is safe where ever he is.

Off to swim
Carol
Step2

Feast upon the Words of Christ

Just a quick post. When I got to work this morning I found that we'd been broken into. Someone tore the handle off the back door :eek: Stole a laptop, some cash and money orders :sad2: I called the police, then the landlord. Told him we need a REAL deadbolt lock on the backdoor, not the crappy bedroom door type he had on before. I'm still checking things out. It feels so creepy knowing someone was here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter