• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP 2015 - Be Prepared For Chaos

We bought tickets to MNSSHP for mid October. So far looking at the threads looks like will be 'packed'. Does anyone know how many 'tickets' Disney would be selling for each of the MNSSHP night? Where would be a 'better' spot to watch the parade? I am going with elderly and would be better if they can grab a seat to watch the parade. Does anyone know if there's a recommended time to 'get ready' for the parade?

This is why I always say it's fine to do it once, but that's it. Same with the Christmas party.
It's WAAAAAY too overcrowded. You can't enjoy yourself. The lines for the characters is over an hour long, so you have to choose doing that vs. other things. I won't wait for an hour for any character, I don't care who it is. But others are different and it's a priority. I get it.

I've been to both and can't believe the meltdowns I have witnessed. Kids, of course, but parents too! They've paid all this extra money for the event and when things go sideways, they lose it. Just me, but I don't like being in that environment.

I've been to both and can't believe the meltdowns I have witnessed. Kids, of course, but parents too! They've paid all this extra money for the event and when things go sideways, they lose it. Just me, but I don't like being in that environment.
No kidding. We saw two guys nearly fight over a parade spot last night. One actually shoved the other.

They are very aware of the problems from the first party and, at least by reports so far, are on their way to correcting them.

I wonder if this is the reason that additional parties are selling out on the day of the party. I'm hoping Disney is looking at the crowds and saying, "we're closing the gates by calling it a sellout." Effectively making sellouts with fewer tickets than previous sellouts.

Who am I kidding? No chance Disney turns people away until the fire marshal demands it.

I wonder if this is the reason that additional parties are selling out on the day of the party. I'm hoping Disney is looking at the crowds and saying, "we're closing the gates by calling it a sellout." Effectively making sellouts with fewer tickets than previous sellouts.

Who am I kidding? No chance Disney turns people away until the fire marshal demands it.

A girl can dream...

Also got a call from a Disney rep replying to the email I sent which expressed my disappointment about the September 15th party. She was very apologetic and told me that they were aware of the problem and made measures to make the remaining parties run to the Disney standard. Sent me some comp tickets that I can use in the future. I guess I have to go back now! :-)

Also got a call from a Disney rep replying to the email I sent which expressed my disappointment about the September 15th party. She was very apologetic and told me that they were aware of the problem and made measures to make the remaining parties run to the Disney standard. Sent me some comp tickets that I can use in the future. I guess I have to go back now! :-)

Are the comp tickets good for only the Halloween party? My wife really wants to go to the Christmas party (and see the Osborne Lights) this year and if they'd sub out those tickets for the Halloween ones that would be perfect.

Are the comp tickets good for only the Halloween party? My wife really wants to go to the Christmas party (and see the Osborne Lights) this year and if they'd sub out those tickets for the Halloween ones that would be perfect.

No, They offered generic one day park tickets for me and one guest. I told the rep that I probably would never attend another "special event." Though it seems Disney has cleaned up their act for the other Halloween parties, there is no guarantee that there won't be another snafu in the future.

As others have noted in this thread, MNSSHP seems out of control this year. We went this past Tuesday (9/22) and it was "supposedly" sold out. The crowds were absolutely insane - more like what I've seen during the day around Christmas. We only managed to get into one attraction, the candy lines were a good 8 - 10 minutes long and Main Street and the castle area were jammed to the point you couldn't move. After the parade it took us at least 25 minutes to get from Liberty Square to the train station. Luckily, we were able to find seats on the second level of the train station to watch the "Celebrate the Magic" show on the castle and to see the fireworks.

Both the show and the fireworks were geat, but not worth the ticket price by themselves. We went to a sold out MVMCP last year, and it was not crowded at all. I've read that they cap the number of tickets at 25,000, but there were a LOT more than that number of people in the park Tuesday night.

Definitely, a "been there, done that" kind of thing - never again.

We went on the 20th, and found the crowds not bad. Main Street was crowded, but the rest of the park was pretty empty. We walked on every ride, including 7DMT twice!

I also just got a call from disney regarding my email and was refunded our ticket costs. So great job disney for realizing there was a problem but it seems as though they are still packing in way too many people. Good luck to those attending soon!!

Wow... I'm surprised to read this. We went on Sunday 9/20. It was me, DH, and our 4 kids. I made FP+ for Peter Pan 4:35-5:35 and Jungle Cruise from 5:35-6:35. We entered the park around 5, no issues. Picked up a stroller. Walked onto Peter Pan. Rode It's a Small World and Haunted Mansion, Both were walk-ons. Rode Jungle Cruise, then headed over to BTMR. Did all of this before 7! We got some snacks and then watched Mickeys Philharmagic in a near empty theater. Rode the mine train - 30 min posted wait, but I doubt it was that long. Rode Indy speedway. Got more snacks for those who didn't want them earlier. Watched some of the monsters dance party. Rode Space ranger spin. Again, the rides were walk ons. Walked down main st in time to turn around and see the castle show - that was really cool. Watched the fireworks and left. We had a very early flight the next morning and the little guy was getting tired.

I never felt it was crowded, but I only have one other party to compare it to - MVMCP back in 2007 and that felt crowded. We dressed up - was surprised more people weren't in costume. We could have done more but we spent a lot of time seaking out favorite, must have snacks and just enjoying the atmosphere. It was a beautiful night, weather wise. We didn't have any interest in seeing the characters, just wanted to ride rides as we had done a cruise and didn't do any parks this trip.

Hope the remaining parties are less crowded and are enjoyable!

I've been following this thread closely as our party is coming up next week. There seems to be a trend in the "very crowded" vs "it was not that crowded" posts. If you are there for the halloween specific activities (Hocus Pocus, Hallowishes) that pretty much involve Main Street, it's "very crowded." Whereas if you were there to just do the rides, it seems people report that it was not bad nor too crowded.

So I guess it depends on what your plan of attack is. Now we are not going to MNSSHP to ride rides, we will ride Haunted Mansion because well, it's perfect for MNSSHP and it's all themed up and whatnot. But we are there for the rare Meet & Greets, Hocus Pocus, Boo to You parade, Hallowishes, party merch, treats, and trick or treating for candy. I've warned DH that we have to pick what is important to us and have a strategy, but be prepared to throw plans out the window based on reality. We plan on going before 4pm with our PH tickets, do a few things, get our bag and band and line up for Jack & Sally very early. We want to minimize wasting party time. We are then shifting our focus to Main Street activities for several hours until after the fireworks. Then we will go run around doing this and that, trick or treating as we go.

I know we will probably only get to if lucky do 3 meet & greets with our current plan, but we want to do a little of it all. So if a line is too long, we will move on. Our one big is Jack & Sally. We will sacrifice hours before party time, to save actual party time. :crazy2: Crazy that you have to do this, but I guess it's based on what you are willing to do to get to do more.

Not sure where OP found their information at, but the normal thought on MNSSHP is that the first party and the party on Halloween itself are usually the most crowded. You wouldn't think the first party night would be but they get a great many locals who come for the first party.

Y'all who haven't seen from the "official" thread I'll be at the party on Sunday and will live tweet the night. I'm glad the wrinkles are ironed out for sure. I'm prepared!

So no princes with the princesses? Will this be the case for the Christmas party? If so, this decision just go a lot easier as my girls love the princes.

So no princes with the princesses? Will this be the case for the Christmas party? If so, this decision just go a lot easier as my girls love the princes.

That is correct. We were disappointed too this year as our DD3 was really hoping to meet the princes.

The thing is, I'm pretty certain Tuesday was not just a "very crowded" party. Do you really think Disney would be offering refunds and comps if everything went smoothly or close to smoothly? No, the first party was a major problem with non party goers being allowed to stay. The people who are here saying that it's just a matter of perception..well...I gotta strongly disagree. :rolleyes1

I thought I remember some people saying that princes were out with princesses at MVMCP last year, even though they did not meet together for MNSSHP.

I got my call back from a Disney rep. I was talking about the first MNSSHP with them etc.. They said they are aware and making notes and taking feedback for future party events. I didn't ask nor did I receive any compensation. I still semi enjoyed the party. I just hope they do seriously look at the feedback and go back to the 6pm close and reopen at 7. We Loved that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter