• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP 2022 Check-in -- Dates, Costumes, and More!

8/23 - just me. Still deciding if I'm going to costume or not - but with it being August I may go something like legacy Ellie Sattler even though she's not Disney but that other park down the road.

We’ll, my sons won out in costumes. I feel a little weird that they aren’t Disney, but they both really want to be minions and my oldest is autistic so I really want to do it for him. But I figured out how to do it without being quite so hot. The boys will wear yellow shirts with shortalls with the minion logo, yelllow beanies and goggles. My husband is Gru. He’s wearing all black with a scarf and a long fake nose. And I’m going to be Lucy Wilde with a turquoise dress, white scarf with pink polka dots, and a red wig. I can’t wait to see how it turns out!!

10/2 - Me & DH. I'll be dressed up as Stitch and he'll probably just wear a Star Wars Halloween shirt. We board the Wish for a HotHS cruise the next day! :)

I will be there solo on Aug 16. I have a Sally shirt that I wore to meet Jack & Sally a few years ago. In August heat that will be all I will do for a costume!

Love all the above in Universal character costumes. I will be staying at Universal most of the week, have one night at the Swan for the party.

I’ve planned a surprise trip for my oldest granddaughter’s 13th birthday, just she and I.🙂 Flying down on her birthday, 9/17, and attending the 9/18 party.
The whole family attended in 2018, our last trip to WDW, and had a blast!
I want to do costumes but I’m having a hard time coming up with a duo for a silver haired old lady and a brunette teen! Would it be weird to wear Star Wars themed costumes??? We’re doing Galaxy’s Edge the next day Disneybounding as General Leia Organa and Rey and though we might do the same for the party but not sure if Star Wars in the Magic Kingdom would be frowned upon. Open to any other ideas that don’t involve either of us wearing a wig.

We did it, so I don't think it's odd. This was in 2020

Resized_677199828_1119589975_dsnyRes-high_dsnyLoc-reg(1).jpeg

I'm going October 2nd & 4th. Not sure on costumes yet, if Elvis Stitch is there I think one of them I shall wear my Lilo dress from shopDisney and my Vampire Stitch Loungefly, I have a Scrump doll that I made as well.

Previously I had Judy Hopps and Jungle Cruise CM but I currently can't fit into my blue shorts for Judy and I was thinking of doing Baloo from Talespin because I have a Talespin bag I can wear during the day/night.

I'm debating between 8/23 and 8/26. That early in the party season, do y'all think Fridays will be super busy compared to Tuesdays?

And I'm thinking of being a female Beetlejuice. I know it's a Universal character, so would I get a lot of dirty looks?

I'm debating between 8/23 and 8/26. That early in the party season, do y'all think Fridays will be super busy compared to Tuesdays?

And I'm thinking of being a female Beetlejuice. I know it's a Universal character, so would I get a lot of dirty looks?
Same dates I hate to pick from, I went with Tuesday mostly because it’s earlier in my trip and think my kids may be able to make it
Longer.

We will be there on October 25. Unsure about costumes at this point. We may just do some fun Halloween shirts instead.

We are actually doing Universal this trip....but I couldn't resist going to MNSSHP on Aug 16!

We are doing Star Wars Costumes this year. (we previously did Toy Story and characters from Up)

D10 will be Rey (got her a dress that resembles her costume)
Me-Chewbacca (found a dress that resembles him and I also have Chewbacca Mickey Ears)
Husband- a t shirt that resembles Darth Vadar's outfit
S6-a tshirt that resembles BB8 and BB8 hat

We go on August 16! My teens are working on their costumes, but I will be Dolores from Encanto and my 11 year old will be Mirabel.

I’ve planned a surprise trip for my oldest granddaughter’s 13th birthday, just she and I.🙂 Flying down on her birthday, 9/17, and attending the 9/18 party.
The whole family attended in 2018, our last trip to WDW, and had a blast!
I want to do costumes but I’m having a hard time coming up with a duo for a silver haired old lady and a brunette teen! Would it be weird to wear Star Wars themed costumes??? We’re doing Galaxy’s Edge the next day Disneybounding as General Leia Organa and Rey and though we might do the same for the party but not sure if Star Wars in the Magic Kingdom would be frowned upon. Open to any other ideas that don’t involve either of us wearing a wig.
We are doing Star Wars!

Looking at the last trailer for Jurassic World Dominion, it seems there are some Legacy Ellie Sattler colors happening, so my idea still works!

August 26 for us. Family of 4. A little hot for costumes that time of year; last time we bounded. May do the same this time.

We're looking at 8/23. No ideas on costumes. We usually make something happen.

Hey!

I'll be there 8/19. But I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. So there are four of us going. I'm an Annual Passholder the other 3 are not. Can I buy tickets for all of us to get the discount? TIA.

Hey!

I'll be there 8/19. But I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. So there are four of us going. I'm an Annual Passholder the other 3 are not. Can I buy tickets for all of us to get the discount? TIA.
I was able to when they went on sale. I bought for my whole party but only I was AP. I assigned the tickets when I bought them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter