MNSSHP 2022 Check-in -- Dates, Costumes, and More!

DH and I are going (for the first time!!!) October 18 & 20 - he doesn't even know that we're going twice!!

super sneaky of me, I know it...:crazy:

I'm sure we won't do a costume but I'm planning on making custom tshirts so that's our plan!!

I can't wait!!!

I was able to when they went on sale. I bought for my whole party but only I was AP. I assigned the tickets when I bought them.
So, you aren't worried that when you get to the entrance, they won't ask for everyones Annual Pass?

Does anyone have pictures of costumes they've worn in the past? We are going 9/30 and are thinking of Vision and Scarlett Witch but I don't want to be overdressed.

Does anyone have pictures of costumes they've worn in the past? We are going 9/30 and are thinking of Vision and Scarlett Witch but I don't want to be overdressed.

I've seen everything from people not dressed up at all to pretty elaborate costumes (one girl had sewn Belle's opening dress from the Live Action BATB from scratch).

Just remember the caveat that if they are TOO good, CMs will remind you to not do autographs or photos as if you were characters in the parks.

I've seen everything from people not dressed up at all to pretty elaborate costumes (one girl had sewn Belle's opening dress from the Live Action BATB from scratch).

Just remember the caveat that if they are TOO good, CMs will remind you to not do autographs or photos as if you were characters in the parks.

This is my costume. I'm a homicidal maniac, they look just like everyone else.
— Wednesday Addams, The Addams Family

Going 8/16. My family will be in Halloween t shirts since it is do hot in August. We attempted boo bash last year but ours was the rained out one. Ods is off to college a few days after we get back so hoping for some nice family time before he leaves me😢😢

What kind of things can we wear as a family that is like a Halloween costume at the party? We are surprising my boys so it is not like I can just ask them what they want to wear or dress up as. They are 22 and 18 yo though. I really don't want to do just matching t-shirts. WWYD?

My family and I were thinking about doing some Encanto characters (Pepa, Maribel, Antonio, and Bruno or Felix), but our family is very white. Does anyone think there would be an issue with this? Like in the cultural appropriation way? Honestly, we were just thinking quick costumes and most of us have clothes that work for the characters.

I will be at the September 16th party solo, haven’t decided whether to dress up or just do a t-shirt. I’ve done both in years past but I guess I should decide soon, only a couple months away.

I made another post before I saw this thread mentioning that I don't know what we will dress up as. We are going 8/30. It is to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. He was born 10/13/71. It was our 25th wedding anniversary on June 14th and mostly we are going to celebrate my 18 yo son graduating from high school and my 22 yo son graduating from college. They know we are going to Disney but they don't know we are going to the halloween party. My youngest son had either braces or a retainer on his teeth from about age 9 or 10 up to age 17 so he missed out on a lot of halloween candy over the years. I am kinda hoping this makes up for all of that. I just thought of an idea today of maybe all of us dressing up in our cap and gowns. Do you think that would be too annoying or too hot? My son who just graduated HS has his decorated cap and his gown. My college graduate has his cap and gown but he also has his old cap and gown from his high school graduation that I could wear....at least it should be around here somewhere. So really we would only need to buy a cap and gown for DH to wear. I have my graduation tassel and the boys have theirs. Again, only DH would not have a tassel for the year he graduated but we could make him one. What do you think of that idea? We do also have graduation Mickey ears that say 2022 on them for the boys to wear instead of their caps if need be. We do want to ride rides. We were never there before so we don't know what to expect. I can't ask my boys what they want to dress up as because they don't know about it. So will caps and gowns be too hot or too long to ride on the rides? I probably need to also have a backup plan.

I made another post before I saw this thread mentioning that I don't know what we will dress up as. We are going 8/30. It is to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. He was born 10/13/71. It was our 25th wedding anniversary on June 14th and mostly we are going to celebrate my 18 yo son graduating from high school and my 22 yo son graduating from college. They know we are going to Disney but they don't know we are going to the halloween party. My youngest son had either braces or a retainer on his teeth from about age 9 or 10 up to age 17 so he missed out on a lot of halloween candy over the years. I am kinda hoping this makes up for all of that. I just thought of an idea today of maybe all of us dressing up in our cap and gowns. Do you think that would be too annoying or too hot? My son who just graduated HS has his decorated cap and his gown. My college graduate has his cap and gown but he also has his old cap and gown from his high school graduation that I could wear....at least it should be around here somewhere. So really we would only need to buy a cap and gown for DH to wear. I have my graduation tassel and the boys have theirs. Again, only DH would not have a tassel for the year he graduated but we could make him one. What do you think of that idea? We do also have graduation Mickey ears that say 2022 on them for the boys to wear instead of their caps if need be. We do want to ride rides. We were never there before so we don't know what to expect. I can't ask my boys what they want to dress up as because they don't know about it. So will caps and gowns be too hot or too long to ride on the rides? I probably need to also have a backup plan.
That’s a really fun idea but I suspect that you’ll be too hot. I guess you could just pop the robes on for photos but carrying them round the rest of the night sounds like a hassle. I’m also entertained as to how you’ll explain to your boys why they need to pack them! With appropriately coloured T-shirts and caps your husband and sons could go as Huey, Dewey and Louie, they’d be easy costumes, and then you could go as Daisy Duck.

My family and I were thinking about doing some Encanto characters (Pepa, Maribel, Antonio, and Bruno or Felix), but our family is very white. Does anyone think there would be an issue with this? Like in the cultural appropriation way? Honestly, we were just thinking quick costumes and most of us have clothes that work for the characters.
This is my opinion, and based on some research I did when my daughter wanted to be Michelle Obama for a school project, we are white. It is ok as long as you do not alter your skin color. Of course also as long as it is done respectfully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter