MNSSHP 2022 Check-in -- Dates, Costumes, and More!

Alright so, now my fiance and I are having a crisis-- we'd planned to be Jack Sparrow and the Redhead for our September Not So Scary, but now we're thinking Mandalorian and Ahsoka.

Has anyone done the Mandalorian before? I know the helmet won't be allowed since it's a mask, but did you find any way to create a still-convincing costume? Fiance's first words when I mentioned he probably can't wear the helmet were "But he can't take his helmet off!!!" lol.

As for Ahsoka, has anyone had luck with a particular version of her costume on Amazon (or really anywhere that would ship decently fast?) I'm seeing mixed reviews and am hesitant to go on and hit purchase just yet!
Could he wear grogu (yoda) ears and do a mash up of a grogu mandalorian?

We're going Oct 30th. 6 of us, the kids right now want us all to be characters from the Zelda games. I'm thinking if I can't get the older folks to actually wear a costume (they won't), maybe each can wear a shirt with a triforce on it.

Can I get someone's opinion? I was planning on doing a Disneybound/costume of Peggy Carter from Captain America. I have a blue dress and will be getting a red hat.

My biggest obstacle is the hair. That 40s pinup hairstyle is kind of crucial to the look. I don't want to wear a wig. I also don't want to spend 1-2 hours at one of the salons getting my hair done.

My hair is long and rather thin. Its length and texture make it pretty difficult to do anything with, without professional intervention. I'm thinking of just doing a low ponytail and hoping the outfit and lipstick will do the heavy lifting.

Can you think of any other ideas?

Can I get someone's opinion? I was planning on doing a Disneybound/costume of Peggy Carter from Captain America. I have a blue dress and will be getting a red hat.

My biggest obstacle is the hair. That 40s pinup hairstyle is kind of crucial to the look. I don't want to wear a wig. I also don't want to spend 1-2 hours at one of the salons getting my hair done.

My hair is long and rather thin. Its length and texture make it pretty difficult to do anything with, without professional intervention. I'm thinking of just doing a low ponytail and hoping the outfit and lipstick will do the heavy lifting.

I just looked at some pictures of Peggy Carter.
Maybe side part and pin it back loosely on each side.
And if you hair holds a curl, I would curl as well.
That would probably work.

If you would prefer a ponytail in the heat I'd just go for it, it will be fine.

If you wanted an attempt, you could always try some rollers (Cheap foam overnight if you don't have any), hairspray, pin the sides, and whatever happens happens.

Either way I wouldn't worry about it, Florida heat is not going to be great for holding hairstyles for any hair type.

"Victory" rolls are really easy to do - couple of bobby pins to hold them in place and some hair spray and you're good. Or just a low bun, as you're wearing the hat; people will know who you are 😊

We're going September 2nd and we've been twice before (both on halloween!). We prefer Disneybounding rather than full on costumes so the first year we were Bianca and Bernard (2017):

Halloween 2017.jpg

and then in 2019 we went as Anita and Roger:

halloween 2019.jpg

We've got this year's costumes sorted but I'm not going to let it slip yet. I think DH is going to be a little too warm in his, but lets just say he's committed! My outfit is more forgiving in the Florida heat 😆

I like the idea of Disneybounding, but not sure DH would be on board with even that. We usually just do t-shirts. Would it be weird to wear Stranger Things tees since it's not a Disney series?

I like the idea of Disneybounding, but not sure DH would be on board with even that. We usually just do t-shirts. Would it be weird to wear Stranger Things tees since it's not a Disney series?
It’s not weird at all! My sister, friends and I are dressing up like Legends of the Hidden Temple contestants. We’re all “elder millenials”. Ha! It was a easy group costume, t-shirts and Khaki shorts. Who doesn’t want to be a Purple Parrot?! :rotfl2:

We're going on September 2nd but no clue as to the costumes. I had originally planned on doing cute themed shirts but the kiddo is wanting us to wear matching costumes. He keeps wanting to do something super elaborate and I have to keep reminding him that it's going to still be hot, haha!

Looks like we will be skipping costumes and just wearing themed shirts. My 8 year old was pretty insistent on not doing a costume, I’m actually kind shocked as she usually loves dressing up.

Looks like just matching Mickey shirts for us!

Hi, was wondering - we bought three tickets for the event. Do they not show up on the MDE app? We do not see them. Thanks all!!!!

My youngest kid and I are going to the party 8/16 we may not do costumes this year. I think we have been to the Halloween party 11 times in his life in the past it was family trips and we did these themes
1 50’s
2. Hawaiian
3 pirates
4 all different holidays (Easter Christmas etc)
5 all different rides
6 80s
7 famous people (Elvis Madonna John Lennon)
8 wizard of oz
9 different old school Disney show people
I don’t think we had a theme the first year

Attachments

• 2B80A152-0C7A-4590-9C62-C8CB2E813E9D.png
    2B80A152-0C7A-4590-9C62-C8CB2E813E9D.png
    235.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 30C883CF-C17A-4D33-8413-497113AD2489.png
    30C883CF-C17A-4D33-8413-497113AD2489.png
    182.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 25E7FBBA-D749-40E4-965B-06DD18716135.png
    25E7FBBA-D749-40E4-965B-06DD18716135.png
    214.4 KB · Views: 15
Looks like we will be skipping costumes and just wearing themed shirts. My 8 year old was pretty insistent on not doing a costume, I’m actually kind shocked as she usually loves dressing up.

Looks like just matching Mickey shirts for us!
Hot Topic has a whole line of "This is my ____ costume" shirts. I think they have several princesses, Marvel characters, etc. Maybe she'd go for that.

Hot Topic has a whole line of "This is my ____ costume" shirts. I think they have several princesses, Marvel characters, etc. Maybe she'd go for that.
I think she wants to wear my Halloween Minnie ears, she has mentioned it like 5 times today… maybe that’s why?? Who knows I’m just excited to go, and frankly less to pack and plan is easier right?

As for Ahsoka, has anyone had luck with a particular version of her costume on Amazon (or really anywhere that would ship decently fast?) I'm seeing mixed reviews and am hesitant to go on and hit purchase just yet!

DD went as Ahsoka for May the 4th and put together her own costume with a black Jedi tunic from GE, black pants, black half-finger gloves, black boots, lightsaber, and painted face with blue/white hair. She made the headpiece out of craft sheet foam.

Hubby and I going 9/9- he isnt much of a costume guy and if you ask his favorite "ride" he will say Country Bear Jamboree! Does anyone have any advice on minimal costumes for these characters LOL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter