MNSSHP Candy disappointment

DisneyFanatik

DIS Veteran
We went to the party on Halloween night. I read so many things, and even saw some pictures of the candy that was given out during prior parties - large amounts of all brand name candy from what I heard/saw. When we were there I am sorry to say that they were giving out junk! I mean those little foil wrapped coins and eyeballs. And no generous amounts either! We went to almost all of the stations to see if there was anything different being given out and there wasn't. Is this the norm for all of the parties or were they just being skimpy on Halloween night?

You should just run up the street to Walgreens the day after Halloween when they have all the leftovers for 75% off. When we have gone to the parties, we have worried more about seeing the special activities than the candy. We always go to the candy spots, but do not worry too much about what we get.

That is a shame. We got the good stuff last year, lots of name brands. I guess WDW is going to keep upping the prices and cutting the quality.:headache:

I think the candy changes every year, possibly even different from party to party.

Last year I'm sure we had some Twizzlers/Nibs. This year none. We had mostly Tootsie Rolls, Now and Laters and Sassy Sours. We did get some pkgs of Raisons in the Cars boxes. I think this year we actually got more chocolate-a few Kit Kats, 3 Musketeers, Snickers and Baby Ruth. I think your US Kit Kats are not nearly as good as our Canadian ones!

I think if you expect good candy then you will be disappointed. I go for the parade and fireworks.

Looks like they were a tad too generous at the other parties and didn't leave anything for yours. That's boo. :sad2:

When we went we got chocolate, the good stuff too(ie Reese's PB Cups, Hershey bars and Kisses, Snickers etc). We also both filled our bags and would have had more, but we decided to stop. Perhaps being that Halloween is usually crazy busy, maybe that's why they weren't generous with the candy.

But every year we've gone, we've always gotten more than enough candy, so I don't know.:confused3

Yup I'll agree,

We only went to one party this year, the one on the first of Nov and I was very much disapointed with the candy, the first 2 hours or so that we stopped to get candy we only got chocolate pumpkins the same exact thing every stop. made the whole trick or treating part very much boring, part of the fun of trick or treating is seeing what you get.

the last few hours they added a bit more of a mix but no name brands, maybe one or two pieces but thats it, thanks to one cast member my bag was full at the end of the night, but in years past at the end of the last party we would have a large gift bag half full, no need for that much candy but it was fun to get it.

I still luv the party, its a fun time, luv the parade but im not sure its worth the cost, I don't think we will ever do more than one a year.

the trick or treating is my favorite part, seeing as when I was a kid I did'nt have much fun being so tall at a young age,

I will say that the FREE trick or treating at sea world on the 31st was totally AWESOME, at the end of the night we got handfuls of candy, crayola markers, yummy pretzel chips, and airhead gummys. again not a huge variety but FREE and fun.

Yup I'll agree,

We only went to one party this year, the one on the first of Nov and I was very much disapointed with the candy, the first 2 hours or so that we stopped to get candy we only got chocolate pumpkins the same exact thing every stop. made the whole trick or treating part very much boring, part of the fun of trick or treating is seeing what you get.

the last few hours they added a bit more of a mix but no name brands, maybe one or two pieces but thats it, thanks to one cast member my bag was full at the end of the night, but in years past at the end of the last party we would have a large gift bag half full, no need for that much candy but it was fun to get it.

I still luv the party, its a fun time, luv the parade but im not sure its worth the cost, I don't think we will ever do more than one a year.

the trick or treating is my favorite part, seeing as when I was a kid I did'nt have much fun being so tall at a young age,

I will say that the FREE trick or treating at sea world on the 31st was totally AWESOME, at the end of the night we got handfuls of candy, crayola markers, yummy pretzel chips, and airhead gummys. again not a huge variety but FREE and fun.

Now that does sound awesome!!! Thanks for the heads up, let's hope they do this next year!

It must have been since it was the last two nights. I thought the candy at MNNSHP was much better than Sea World's.

I think your US Kit Kats are not nearly as good as our Canadian ones!

Funny you say that. Are you basing this on the Halloween sizes or have you tried one from a store? My DW and I were just talking about how the Halloween "fun" size chocolate candies never taste as good as the real things. The Reese cups are just awful. They are really dry and the chocolate seems like they added wax to it.

We went to the party on 10/18, I think we ended up with about 15 lbs of candy. A lot of smarties, tootsie rolls but did get plenty of chocolates too. We seperated it when we got home & gave the regular stuff to our trick or treaters.

The candy used to be AWESOME! Seriously, we used get full-sized candy bars, name brands (it was like, here, have a Snickers! Reeses! Milky Way!). :cloud9:

Then, a few years ago, BOOM! Candy recession. Tootsie Rolls. Generic suckers. Even :-)eek:) peppermint hard candy.

I'll never recover.

My fiance and I left the party with two packed bags with a wide assortment of candy. We got plenty of generic pumpkins, eyeballs (hey those things are actually pretty good!) and smarties, for sure, but we also got butterfingers, snickers, m&ms, and etc! I was actually surprised to see so much chocolate, but then the night we went was relatively cooler, temperature wise.

We still have most of the candy in a giant bowl in our kitchen, however. We didn't spend $50 a ticket hoping to get a few bucks worth of candy that can be bought anywhere. The experience of going trick or treating again for the first time in over a decade, with my fiance, was priceless! I did not expect it to be NEARLY as fun as it was! And though we're just two biiiiiig kids in their late 20s, all the CMs at the candy stops didn't hold back, they filled our bags just as happily as with the younger attendees. It was so much fun to trick or treat again! :goodvibes

We were there on Halloween night this year - our 6th
straight year. We definitely got half of the candy we usually
get. There were several fewer TT stations, and the crowd
seemed larger. Haunted Mansion (for the first time I can
remember) had a 20 minute wait ALL NIGHT! Maybe this
was because Space Mountain was closed.

We left a little later than normal, but there were no big
bins out front like there are every year.

We went with friends on the 20th and 27th and both times we got smarties, suckers and Tootsie rolls galore! They were handing out about 4 -5 pieces each time until on the 27th, we found a couple of castmembers that gave out double handfuls.

I received a survey concerning the MNSSHP, candy amount, quality, etc. I let them know they needed a higher quality of candy.

I may be wrong but I think this candy is given to Disney to hand out. If so, assortment choice may be beyond Disney's control.

Dear Disney,

How many smarties and suckers can a person eat?!?!?

We were there on Halloween night this year - our 6th
straight year. We definitely got half of the candy we usually
get. There were several fewer TT stations, and the crowd
seemed larger. Haunted Mansion (for the first time I can
remember) had a 20 minute wait ALL NIGHT! Maybe this
was because Space Mountain was closed.

We left a little later than normal, but there were no big
bins out front like there are every year.

I don't know if you were aware of it, but the Haunted Mansion was shut down for a while on Halloween night. They said "techinical difficulties" shut it down. We went to take our photopass picture in front while it was closed down and the CM's were telling us how the maintenance crew had been inside working on it, when all of a sudden a bunch of well dressed people came out talking and laughing (not maintenance or CM's). Around 15 minutes later the ride was fixed. My dh swears that it was some kind of private party in there while they said it was "broken".

Anyway, don't get me wrong.....I thought that the party was a great experience overall, I was just really disappointed with the trick or treating part of it. My ds was really excited to be going to WDW, but at the same time he was a little upset that he was missing trick or treating. I told him not to worry.....that trick or treating at the MK would be even better than at home. Boy was I wrong! (he keeps reminding me of that too! LOL!)

I'm another one who can't stand these small fun size pieces of candy. They just don't have the same flavor as the full size bars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter