• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP coming back 2021?

I think that Universal doing the HHN is a good sign we will get the holiday parties.

Universal has done more than Disney this whole time so I am not sure its a good indication. They set up a few houses for during the day last year and they had trick or treating for kids on the Island side. They Ran their nighttime projection show last summer. They just overall have done more and been more willing to do more since the beginning.

Universal has done more than Disney this whole time so I am not sure its a good indication. They set up a few houses for during the day last year and they had trick or treating for kids on the Island side. They Ran their nighttime projection show last summer. They just overall have done more and been more willing to do more since the beginning.
Oh wow. A part of me is grateful Disney is taking such precautions but at the same time I’m just frustrated how slow the process is at opening things up again. Or I’m just over Covid haha

Oh wow. A part of me is grateful Disney is taking such precautions but at the same time I’m just frustrated how slow the process is at opening things up again. Or I’m just over Covid haha
Most of these things arent’ really due to precautions and are more due to parks like Universal being willing to spend the money on extras while in the park whereas Disney is not at this time. There’s really no reason, for example, that Disney couldn’t be doing fireworks in a socially distant manner. But fireworks cost money and Disney has made the calculation that they can fill their parks to their capacity number without fireworks.

Most of these things arent’ really due to precautions and are more due to parks like Universal being willing to spend the money on extras while in the park whereas Disney is not at this time. There’s really no reason, for example, that Disney couldn’t be doing fireworks in a socially distant manner. But fireworks cost money and Disney has made the calculation that they can fill their parks to their capacity number without fireworks.
Ah, got it.

I think they will start rolling out some kind of after hours parties/events during the summer. I don’t know that they’ll be what we’re used to, but i think they will.

I necessarily do not need the parties,(my kiddos are a little older) I would just like the park decorated, Parades, and the special Halloween characters, and fireworks,. The special seasonal food would be great, but not a deal breaker. We have never done MNSSHP before. We have done MVSCP twice. Here's hoping they go for it!!!!

Just thinking out loud here. Will they have the Halloween parties with the whole 50th anniversary coming up in the fall?

I expect the party will get a late start but will happen because Uni announced HHN’s will be back this year but. I’d say the parties will begin in late September to allow school related vaccination to take full effect

UO posted the HHN30 schedule, I hope this means we will get some info either way about MNSSHP....

Attachments

• 8A8C1C40-35FD-4ED1-B6E7-EF69C68F9B8D.jpeg
    8A8C1C40-35FD-4ED1-B6E7-EF69C68F9B8D.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 18
Normal MNSSHP is probably out. It might be hard to do all of the "normal" party things for Halloween and run the normal length of time. I could see some limited number of MNSSHP events with lower crowds, starting later, like closer to October. Not sure yet about parades or fireworks. Vaccine rollout for 16+ is looking good, but younger kids still may not be able to get it until fall. I think 12-15 will be easily available for full vaccination before school starts in August. MVMCP is probably a go though. All of this could go out the window though, if variants, other than the UK, take over, and the vaccines are not very protective against them. Right now, in the US, that isn't happening, and the they are working on boosters. I feel much more hopeful right now than I have in the last 9 months.

EDIT: Halloween Horror Nights at Universal caters mostly to adults. You rarely see little kids, <10. They state 13+ for attendance but do not enforce. Most of the age group that would attend would probably be fully vaccinated, or have the opportunity, before it starts.

Maybe but they also announced it would be back a few weeks or more ago.
They had been hinting on social media since last year. Official announcement/dates posted on their website early March this year
All of this could go out the window though, if variants, other than the UK, take over, and the vaccines are not very protective against them. Right now, in the US, that isn't happening, and the they are working on boosters. I feel much more hopeful right now than I have in the last 9 months.
The real wild card in this is the possibility of us not quite reaching herd immunity/vaccination levels. fertile ground for many new variants to crop up that just not be covered by the existing vaccines.

However, my family is all thinking positively but, realistically. Unfortunately, we’ve lost one elderly member & another 30-something one is still suffering from long-hauler symptoms that are dragging on.

We follow the major safety protocols at home. Not going to stop those when on vacation. Have already visited the parks after our 2nd shots were safely in place early March. Our trips have been long planned for the rest of the year.

Our new mindset includes accepting things will be different going forward, at least for awhile. People need to decide their comfort zone as to taking a vacation anytime soon.

We are there late September and would LOVE to attend MNSSHP as we usually go every year. But man THEY NEED TO REDUCE THE CROWD LEVELS. Even pre-pandemic MNSSHP and MVMCP were way over crowded. Id pay more per person if they'd just make it an "exclusive" event again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter