MNSSHP costume question

Pixeldust Fairy

DIS Veteran
If I were to dress like Lara Croft from Tomb Raider, would it be okay to have the toy guns on my legs like she has them, or is that probably not a good idea. NO FLAMES please just a simple question and looking for some good and reasonable advice.

Thank you for your input.

If I were to dress like Lara Croft from Tomb Raider, would it be okay to have the toy guns on my legs like she has them, or is that probably not a good idea. NO FLAMES please just a simple question and looking for some good and reasonable advice.

Thank you for your input.

Probably not a good idea. I think faux weapons are at least frowned upon, if not outright against park policy.

Pictures appreciated though! ;)

I think the technical rules are that no weapons (fake or toy) are permitted inside WDW, but they do sell toy guns and swords, so I've never quite understood the logic line for prohibiting and selling the same item. From what I've seen, Disney does allow toy guns to be part of costume, but they have to be clearly toy guns. So things that could be mistaken for a real gun, even with just a quick glance, would probably be frowned upon. Most of the ones I've seen have been on kids dressed like pirates. Personally, I would probably forgo the guns just to be safe OR if they are critical to the costume make sure they are obviously fake and not at all realistic (e.g., something like the transparent blue water guns they sell at the grocery stores in the summer might work).

Part of Disney's official guidelines for costumes at MNSSHP.

Should not contain any weapon(s) which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.

I was thinking colored water guns too!

Those are great ideas. I never thought of the colorful water guns. Thank you for the ideas.

The DIS is always such a great place!:thumbsup2

They do not allow you to walk in with anything that looks like a weapon. Which seems sort of odd, because they sell toy guns and swords inside the park (at POTC exit gift shop)!

DS last year went as Jack Sparrow. Just to be safe we purchased his sword after we entered the park at the POTC store. Those are clearly toy swords and couldn't be mistaken otherwise though. I would make sure if you decided to have them to make sure they have the colorful tip or like the PP said water guns.

Yesterday I saw toy bubble guns. They light up and blow bubbles. They're shaped like the symbol for Pi though, and could not be mistaken for a real gun in any way. Just a thought....

:) BTW, your costume idea rocks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter