MNSSHP crowds on Halloween night?

Ceryssa

DIS Veteran
Are they really bad, like way worse than the other parties? We want to go in late October, and we definitely want to do the party, but I've heard that night is crazy. Has anyone been to the party on Halloween night, or any of the ones around it? Will we be miserable?

Same crowd level as any other party night that is sold out. Fixed number of tickets for a sell-out.

I myself have never been to the Halloween parties. My sister was just at the MNSSHP on Halloween Night.. she was on her honeymoon so no kids or anything and they have never been a hard ticket event. She said she would never waste the $140 on a party again. The Halloween party night is more money than the others. She just said it was super crowded where you couldn't even walk (I believe where ever the candy and characters were), Lines for trick or treat were unreal, but the parade was awesome and all the rides were walk-ons. They said for the extra cost they wouldn't waste their money because it wasn't worth $140 to see a parade pretty much.

Even though there is much more, everyone sees things different. I am sure someone here was there that same night and loved it!

Those around Halloween and a couple of others sell out. Figure about 6 or 7 total most years.

Hmm. Well, it looks like the week of Halloween will work best with our schedule, and I really want to take my kids, so we will just do the best we can! If we have to wait a bit longer in the trick-or-treat lines, so be it :) Thanks for the responses.

Anyone know how Nov 1st was? Is that the last one of the last year? Looking at next year so we can maybe hit both the last Halloween party and the first Xmas party. Anyone else do this and how was it?

Anyone know how Nov 1st was? Is that the last one of the last year? Looking at next year so we can maybe hit both the last Halloween party and the first Xmas party. Anyone else do this and how was it?

It was reportedly a sellout, like the last MNSSHP usually is each year.

We were there for the Nov 1 party (which was indeed sold out). It was definitely crowded in places, but we had a great time. We went to the candy stops, rode many rides (space mountain 5x in a row), enjoyed the dance parties, and watched both parades, the castle show, and the fireworks. Even the second parade was pretty crowded, but we would do it again in a heartbeat. Sooo much fun! It is what you make of it, and we had a blast!

Thanks, sounds like fun and still not terrible waits for rides, which would be nice! :goodvibes Been going at Xmas for a while, worried we'll miss a Xmas and thought maybe trying to do both parties might be cool, seeing lots of the halloween stuff would be a first and I'm excited to do that, but still could get a little Xmas with an early start to the season if we timed our week to hit both parties! Has anyone else done this? How was it?

Thanks, sounds like fun and still not terrible waits for rides, which would be nice! :goodvibes Been going at Xmas for a while, worried we'll miss a Xmas and thought maybe trying to do both parties might be cool, seeing lots of the halloween stuff would be a first and I'm excited to do that, but still could get a little Xmas with an early start to the season if we timed our week to hit both parties! Has anyone else done this? How was it?

My daughter and I joke about this being our "dream trip". I just don't know yet if I want to give up Halloween night to accomplish it. The only real down side is that both the last MNSSHP and first MVMCP are likely to sell out. And while I have been to sell-out parties, I like having a shot at it being "lower" crowds going into it.

I was at MNSSHP on Halloween in 2011. Yes, it was crowded, but not so crowded that you couldn't walk around. We hit all but two candy stations, rode a couple of rides before the party started (we got in around 4:15) and saw the fireworks and the second parade at the HUB (right across from Caseys). We stayed for the last showing of Villians Mix and Mingle. We didn't hit the dance parties, but we had a blast. We also came away with a LOT of candy.

My friends and I are planning another trip to WDW in 2014 over the same week we went in 2011. It was seriously the best week to be at WDW (other than Feb.). We rode everything we wanted to with very minimal wait times (I think our longest wait was 30 mins.

If you are the sort who would be happy doing a few rides, hitting up a candy line or two, and watching the parade, then don't worry about it being sold out.

If you are the sort (like me) who wants to hit up all the hard to meet characters in addition to seeing the parade and fireworks, then doing a single sold out party is likely to prove frustrating.

It's a matter of what in your mind constitutes a successful evening at one of Disney's parties.

I was there this year on Halloween. I did not find it overly crowded at all. I had a great spot near the back of the hub to watch the fireworks, and a ton of space around me. Lines were short. The treat lines were long at first, but practically vanished at the end of the night. Overall, I would say it was not nearly as crowded as the party I was at at Disneyland last year. It was wonderful!

We have timed it so we hit both parties one year. We enjoyed it but the only thing was about MNSSHP is that most of the MNSSPH merchandise had sold out. So I do like to get a pin and a t shirt but there was literally no t shirts left. Some people might not mind but I was really disappointed by this as I collect them. I find the later the party in October the less stuff they have. So although I enjoyed seeing both the best MNSSHP I have been too is the September one we just went to. Lower crowds, easy candy trick or treating, t shirts in all sizes, walk on the rides. It really was a better experience.

We just got back and went to the November 1st party that was sold out. We had a great time we got to do everything we wanted. Villian show, a parade , rides. Some characters, fireworks and a few TOT.

It was sold out. Some areas get congested. But overall I thought it was fine crowd wis. some character Lines get long. But there were several that weren't.

We have timed it so we hit both parties one year. We enjoyed it but the only thing was about MNSSHP is that most of the MNSSPH merchandise had sold out. So I do like to get a pin and a t shirt but there was literally no t shirts left. Some people might not mind but I was really disappointed by this as I collect them. I find the later the party in October the less stuff they have. So although I enjoyed seeing both the best MNSSHP I have been too is the September one we just went to. Lower crowds, easy candy trick or treating, t shirts in all sizes, walk on the rides. It really was a better experience.

That is a little bit of a bummer. I don't get super excited about souvenirs for the most part, although a t-shirt would be cool. Wonder if you can get any of it online?

That is a little bit of a bummer. I don't get super excited about souvenirs for the most part, although a t-shirt would be cool. Wonder if you can get any of it online?
not that I know of. They just open a few locations in MK on the night and the line outside the store gets quite long! That was the other nice thing about the early Sep party. It wasn't like black Friday ....

If you are the sort who would be happy doing a few rides, hitting up a candy line or two, and watching the parade, then don't worry about it being sold out.

If you are the sort (like me) who wants to hit up all the hard to meet characters in addition to seeing the parade and fireworks, then doing a single sold out party is likely to prove frustrating.

It's a matter of what in your mind constitutes a successful evening at one of Disney's parties.

^ I think this is key. I've gone to the Halloween night MNSSHP for years and never felt it was overcrowded... but I'm there primarily for the parade and Hallowishes. We throw in some candy stops and a few favorite rides, but don't do any character meets. This year, wait times for HM, BTMRR, POTC, Barnstormer and BL were never more than 5-10 minutes. Easily found spots from which to watch the 2nd parade and fireworks, less than 15 minutes before each started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter