MNSSHP Dessert Party

Cjtigger

Mouseketeer
We are going to the 8/23/19 Halloween Party. I have only done the Star Wars Dessert Party and loved it.

Is the preferred viewing for the parade and fireworks worth it? Would it be too late to go around 11:00 for the last parade and then the last fireworks?

Thanks

There is only one fireworks at 10. they are new this year, so may be more heavily reliant upon projections. The dessert party doesn't cover parade viewing. There is a different party for that.

We are going to the 8/23/19 Halloween Party. I have only done the Star Wars Dessert Party and loved it.

Is the preferred viewing for the parade and fireworks worth it? Would it be too late to go around 11:00 for the last parade and then the last fireworks?

Thanks

As dachsie said, WDW figured they could make more money by creating two special events - one offering "preferred" fireworks viewing and one offering "preferred" viewing for the second parade (which is typically less crowded anyway). We did the dessert party at MNSSHP last year and enjoyed it. We also went to the second party last year and found it to be quite crowded. If you are planning on staying for the whole party, I would consider booking the dessert party with Plaza Garden viewing (you'll have a better view than terrace viewing) and then immediately afterward, finding a spot in the hub or along Main St. for the second parade. Just know, this is going to take a big chunk out of your overall party time. If you don't want to spend the money or the time, I would also consider simply finding a spot in the hub or middle of Main St. for the fireworks and then immediately finding a spot for the second parade. I think it also depends on your family make-up. With smaller children or with people who can't handle large crowds, I find the parties to be worth it just to take some of the stress away. If you are with people who don't mind waiting or being amongst large groups of people, the parties may not be necessary just for a view.

There is only one fireworks at 10. they are new this year, so may be more heavily reliant upon projections. The dessert party doesn't cover parade viewing. There is a different party for that.

Agree with this with just one small update, they are at 10:15pm.

Is there seating in chairs at these events or do you sit on ground?

There are two dessert party options, for the Tomorrowland Terrace version you sit at tables. For the Plaza Garden viewing version, you sit or stand on the ground in the Plaza Garden East.

Here are links to each event:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...fireworks-dessert-party-tomorrowland-terrace/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-fireworks-dessert-party/
And for the Cruella's Halloween Hide-A-Way event at Tony's, see here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/cruellas-halloween-hide-a-way/

We are going to the dessert party in the Plaza Garden on 8/23 as well!! Has anyone found pictures of the desserts being served? That
way I can stare at them and drool til Friday?

For the fireworks viewing, at the Garden Plaza, you sit on the ground. At the tomorrow land terrace, there are tables and chairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter