• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP - Going Overboard on Dates?

I would guess June or July on those.

I would love to attend a WDW Christmas party but it would be after I retire since I am a teacher. To be honest, I wouldn't mind one in July if I get to do it before I retire. It would be a huge talking point!

Last edited:
People complain that the parties are too crowded. Adding more dates should help with that.

It's months away. Schedule to be in the MK on a party day for a lower crowd.

I have no issue with any of it.
Honestly I don't think adding dates will make it any less crowded. People go when their schedule permits it. The only way to lower the crowds for the party is to lower the number of tickets sold! Adding dates simply makes more money for Disney and makes it harder for the non-party goers to get to see what the want- such as the new fireworks show at MK!

I would love to attend a WDW Christmas party but it would be after I retire since I am a teacher. To be honest, I wouldn't mind one in July if I get to do it before I retire. I would be a huge talking point!

I was taking a guess on the announcement dates, not realizing they are already up. Turns out some of the dates fall in the part of December I will be in Florida. I might consider stopping off then if I can.

We're there Aug 22-27. I was wondering why MK was closing early some nights. Now that makes sense.

I was taking a guess on the announcement dates, not realizing they are already up. Turns out some of the dates fall in the part of December I will be in Florida. I might consider stopping off then if I can.

Have fun! I envy you!!

Something else I don't think anyone noticed (or just didn't point out) is that there are only 3 more parties this year than last year. Which mean, the 2 in August and the 1 in November. Sept-Oct has the same number as last year right? So why the ruckus this year? Rhetorical

I'm happy there are so many dates. With more dates, I'm hoping the crowds will be lower. I think many plan trips around MNSSHP and this will disperse them. And I'm super stoked there is a date during Labor Day weekend, because that's when we will be there!

Well, I will say it. If you don't like it, don't go to it. Period. That's all you can do.

I just happen to not be bothered at all by this and understand that there are reasons businesses do what they do. There have been decisions that Disney has done that I don't like (I hate the dining plan and what it seems to have done to restaurants there), but I have a choice that I can make. This specific change makes no difference to me and I personally see it as a sound business decision. Sorry I am not anti business or anti Disney in general. I take each situation on its own and make my own decision on it. That does not make me an apologist.

I'm not anti-business and certainly not anti-Disney either. But this is a fan forum, and I speak as a fan. More and more, I feel that Disney is encroaching on the guest experience, through countless hard ticket, special events, "dessert parties", etc., which either close the park early or gobble up the best viewing spots for nighttime events. If you're unable or unwilling to shell out extra $$$ for the special events, then the value of your vacation has been diminished. And if we don't speak out against it, it seems that Disney will feel free to keep adding these because all they can see are the dollar signs in their eyes.

For the record, we will be doing one of the Halloween parties, mostly because we feel we have to. There are so many of them (as other posters have noted, four per week is really pushing it) and the parks are so slammed most of the time, that the parties are one of the few times when wait times for rides are short. Although we love the Halloween parade, we do the parties mostly to ensure that we will be able to do all the rides that we want at the M.K. If the park wasn't closing early four nights a week, we probably could skip the parties.

So that's the situation; you kinda have to do the parties, partially because there are so many parties!

MK has always been a morning only park for us, so I actually love to go to MK on party days- it's really quiet. The last few years we've noticed MK gets really busy in the evenings, so we just go in the morning, then hop someplace else in the evening.

Something else I don't think anyone noticed (or just didn't point out) is that there are only 3 more parties this year than last year. Which mean, the 2 in August and the 1 in November. Sept-Oct has the same number as last year right? So why the ruckus this year? Rhetorical

And next year there'll be 2-3 more. And the year after that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter