MNSSHP - Here's What Happens!

Is anything special happening in the restaurants during the party? Special costumes, decorations?

Is anything special happening in the restaurants during the party? Special costumes, decorations?

Only at LTT. The CMs make up their faces like HM CMs and the characters wear eye masks or a festive apron, not really costumes though.

Anybody have pics of the shirts from this year, or seen another thread with a pic I have been looking, but could have missed it:rolleyes:

What do you all think I should dress up as? I want to be Ariel but want like a land outfit...what should I do?

That is exactly what I want to be too. I want the blue dress from the Kiss the Girl scene. Either that or Giselle's curtain dress. I also have curly red hair and alway love the red headed characters.

Last year I was Strawberry Shortcake. That was easy. I bought a red dress and green and white striped stockings. I made an apron and put felt strawberries on the bottom and made a bonnet using pink strawberry shortcake fabric.

JackNSally! AWESOME thread! I've been looking for one just like it! Tons of great info...........THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3:

I just looking at pictures in this thread and I noticed it looks like the Headless Horseman is in front of the Haunted Mansion. Is that where he starts his ride?

I just looking at pictures in this thread and I noticed it looks like the Headless Horseman is in front of the Haunted Mansion. Is that where he starts his ride?

No, he starts in the same location as the parade, Frontierland, near Splash.

I know that this question has already been asked, but I know last year we got in with our hard ticket for the party it was around 4:30 or 4:45,I was just wondering about this year & how early people are getting in with there "hard ticket"???

We are going Oct. 4th for our 3rd year in a row. I love the party and do not mind paying extra. My brother who went with us two years ago did mind paying and "was going to get his monies worth". So he decided to bring a backpack and get the most value for his buck. We filled up and then dumped the candy in the backpack and then filled up again. Needless to say we had way too much candy and could not possibly eat it all. We got to the airport and the bag containing the candy was overweight. We had to distrubute the candy between all the other bags in order not to pay a fine.:rotfl2: We ended up using some of the candy for Treat or Treaters! Here is a picture of our payload:
candy.jpg

This is sort of an odd question, but does anyone know if the Treat Trail from Toontown to Space Mountain goes both ways? Can enter the Treat Trail from either side or is it just one way...and if it is one way, which side is the enterance?

This is sort of an odd question, but does anyone know if the Treat Trail from Toontown to Space Mountain goes both ways? Can enter the Treat Trail from either side or is it just one way...and if it is one way, which side is the enterance?

It's one way and it starts in Toontown.

I'm thinking of going to this on 9/28 but my kids are little and definitely not night owls. Do you think I'd be able to get tix on the day of the party rather than in advance or do they all usually sell out? I'd just hate to buy them and then have the kids be too tired to go.

I think you'll probably be okay if the 28th is like a Tuesday (I don't have a calendar handy) the weekend ones sell out much faster. We went to Pirate & Princess party on a Tuesday night and it was no where near sold out, they were standing outside Guest Services in MK with signs trying to sell tickets for that night.

And I have another question........

1st parade or 2nd parade??? Thoughts?

I haven't been so you can take this advice for what it's worth (maybe .02 :goodvibes ) but I am planning on the 2nd one.

I figure there will be less people for the 2nd. I also figure that I can do some of the other stuff while people are lined up for and watching the first one, so there'll be less people out doing the other stuff. From what I have read on here, it sounds reasonable.

I also plan on watching it in Frontierland because that's where it starts, so it will be ending for me while the people at the end are still watching it. Then I can head off and do more stuff.

Hopefully it works out that way, but we'll see in a couple weeks!

Anyone else feel free to poke holes in my logic! I may never get DH to do the party again! LOL

Ok I'm popping back in to take back the not so nice things I said to the OP of this thread...it has definitely turned into a great MNSHHP thread with lots of info that I'm enjoying while planning my first party Oct. 10. :thumbsup2

I know this has been a popular topic all over the boards and some people have gotten down right nasty over it, but - are strollers free at the party this year?

I haven't been so you can take this advice for what it's worth (maybe .02 :goodvibes ) but I am planning on the 2nd one.

I figure there will be less people for the 2nd. I also figure that I can do some of the other stuff while people are lined up for and watching the first one, so there'll be less people out doing the other stuff. From what I have read on here, it sounds reasonable.

I also plan on watching it in Frontierland because that's where it starts, so it will be ending for me while the people at the end are still watching it. Then I can head off and do more stuff.

Hopefully it works out that way, but we'll see in a couple weeks!

Anyone else feel free to poke holes in my logic! I may never get DH to do the party again! LOL

This is our plan exactly. 2nd parade will be less crowded I think bc parents with small kids will need to go to the first one. And sitting in Frontierland always works better for parades that start on that end of the park. We always take turns shopping for pins in the Frontierland shop while the other holds our places for the parade!

Boo To You Parade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUkwavQno3Q - There are two scheduled parades at each party - the first at 8:15 and the second at 10:30. The second parade usually comes with a longer wait beforehand.

What does the OP mean by saying "the second parade usually comes with a longer wait." Does the parade not start on time?

Adding another question here...we really would prefer to see the first parade because my niece and nephew will be fading fast if we stay super late. Anyway, we want to watch it in Frontierland this year instead of main street where we usually watch party parades. We are going Oct. 10, which is a Friday - what time should I start finding a spot to sit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter