• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP questions - odds of selling out in October, doing 2 parties?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Has anyone done 2 nights at MNSSHP on the same trip? Worth it? Too much?

Some other MNSSHP questions - likeliness to sell out if not purchased in advance beginning of October? Also there are no refunds once purchased, correct?

Last edited:

you can if you want to meet all the characters. you can dedicate 1 night for rides and 1 night for characters. or you can split Jack Skellington and 7 Dwarfs on separate nigths

We were sorry we did not buy tickets to two parties the year my DGD was so into the characters.One night was not enough to meet them all and enjoy the party activities, so we had to prioritize. If I just wanted to enjoy the arty, one night is enough.

We did two nights on the same vacation last year. Loved it! Totally worth it for us.

Our focus is the same for both nights, parades, fireworks, Hocus Pocus shows and trick or treating. Character meets and rides are secondary to our enjoyment. We might meet a character or two or go on a few rides, but it’s unplanned. If we happen to walk by and we see a very short line, we might do it.

We have. We spent one night doing party activities, and the next one we just did rides for the short waits. 100% worth it for us.

It really depends on your family choices and what you are wanting to do. There is a ton of things to do and we did two parties because we didn’t think we could do it all in one party. Characters are very important for us and we love the parade and Hocus Pocus. I have to spend time picking up all the merchandise and we like to sample all the food for the event. We also like to take our time and check out all the decorations. I believe our last party had over 400 photos for the two parties and we have to do the magic shots too! Just do a little research and then decide what your family wants to do. Be flexible if as the weather can throw a wrench into some of the plans and enjoy you time. Heck I didn’t even mention rides and the fireworks. :D

If it were me I’d take the money to be spent on a second party and do something different, like a fireworks cruise or DAH or EMM or something. Why do the same thing twice in the same trip when there are so many cool things to do?

We did two parties in 2017. The only reason was because we would be there over Halloween and knew it would be crazy. While we enjoyed doing both parties, we personally wouldn't do it again. It is a lot of money to spend on top of a lot of money you are already spending for the vacation. We were able to do everything we wanted in a single party (character meets are NOT a priority for us so that helped our timing a lot). If you want to take a leisurely approach to the parties and partake in all party offerings plus rides with reduced waits then two parties wouldn't be a bad idea.

On our trip this Fall I am doing 1 party with my 6 year old nephew and myself, 1 party with my parents who are coming over from Tampa and 1 with just my boyfriend and me. Not sure I'd do three with the same group, but I feel like all three of my parties will be completely different and I can't wait! :)

some other MNSSHP questions - likeliness to sell out if not purchased in advance beginning of October? Also there are no refunds once purchased, correct?

About 5 years ago, we went to our first MNSSHP. We bought tickets way in advance. We liked it so much that we bought tickets at the park for the next one.
It was totally worth it for us....5 years ago.
I probably wouldn't do that now, since it seems to be more crowded and less personal.
What we do now is, if the party gets scheduled for a day we are already in MK, we will do it. But we won't change anything around to get there.

Really depends on your goals - and your other ticket purchases.

If I was using the parties to get two days of admission to MK - worth it. I was ALSO paying for two park days I was going to use on those same to party days - no.

Kathie

I'm really thinking about doing this for my trip in September. Last year I went with a big group of friends, and however much I love them, I didn't get to do all the things I wanted to do because there was just so many of us and so many things to do. I'm thinking on this year's trip I might do one party solo and one with everyone else, so I can fit in everything I want to do...

We've done this the past 2 years and will be doing it again this year. It makes for a far more relaxed approach to the parties. We split our focus up a bit so one night we may focus on parade/shows and trick or treating and the 2nd one rides and characters, for example. It's also nice to have a backup if you get some rainy weather. Two years ago our first party night was pretty rainy, no headless horseman, some characters did not stay out for meet and greets, so we switched our focus that night to trick or treating and open attractions. Then the 2nd night we were able to do all the other stuff.

If it's in the budget and you have enough nights on your trip to fit it in, I definitely recommend doing 2 parties.

We did MNSSHP twice our last trip in 10/2018, but it wasn't really planned. I got very sick about 2 hours into the first party night, and we didn't get to experience anything we wanted to. There were tickets available for the following night, so we did that. I don't necessarily recommend it, but sometimes things happen. I don't think I'd do it twice in one trip again though... but we'll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter