MNSSHP realistic number of rides?

stout

Mouseketeer
Family of 4…two kids, 16 and 10. If we start right at 4pm, what is the realistic number of rides we will be able to accomplish in 6-8 hours? My kids have a list of 13 “need” to do ones…any hope for accomplishing that? We do not need to see characters or parades/shows.

If you don't want to any of the MNSSHP things, not sure why you are going to the party at all versus just doing this on a normal night? We have found long ride lines at the Halloween party in the past (long meaning 30+ minutes on some things like Haunted Mansion, Pirates and Space Mountain. 13 sounds a bit optimistic to me. It depends to some degree how crowded the party is on your night. If it's a sold out night, it'll be busier. At 4:00 p.m. it's still regular park attendance, so that can be busy. I guess if you're skipping candy and everything to do with the Halloween party itself you'll have the best chance during parade times and so on. I'm just confused why you would want to pay for MNSSHP tickets just to go on rides. The allure that all rides will be walk on is definitely not our experience (we have done 4 or 5 of these and going again on August).

We are getting off of a DCL that day. Earliest we make it to the park is 11:00 (after dropping luggage at hotel). So we either buy a regular ticket and go 11am-6pm or buy a ticket to MNSSHP and go 4pm-midnight. I am just trying to figure out what is a better plan for riding the “must do” rides. How would day to night line compare? Thank you!

If you decide to get a ticket for the event, it depends on how hearty your 10 year old is after all that travel. Because your best bet is from around 11 to midnight.

I would think it depends on when you are going. I didn't see that mentioned?

last September we did the replacement party they had and we were able to ride a ton of rides. We probably did Seven Dwarves Mine Train 4 or 5 times in a row with maybe a 4 minute wait and rode Pirates (my favorite because I'm old and remember it new) at least 5 times. Haunted Mansion maybe 2 or 3. Skipped Small World because I feel like stabbing myself after hearing the same song for 20 minutes on replay :) but rode PeterPan and pretty much anything we wanted. there was a pretty good crowd but nothing seemed long or crowded. We ate at Liberty Tavern at 5pm then at 6 hit up all the rides with no problem.

Jungle Cruise is closed during the party, so if that is on the list do it before the party starts. Lines may be shorter during the first parade and the fireworks, and like Jon said after 11. I also will be doing the party (on Aug 16) instead of a park day.

We have not done a party since 2018. It was early September so somewhat similar time of the year. Every time we go (since 2005) it seems to get busier. I imagine you are going to see the fireworks and want to eat (1.5 hours?). Take away maybe an hour for walking and bathroom. Leaving around 5.5 hours of lines and rides. My sense is that you will probably succeed if the weather is fine unless Disney has opened the flood gates on numbers. The ride times get a bit better during the parades and end of the night so you can somewhat plan a few popular rides on that basis. Someone more experience than myself can help you if you list the 13 things the family wants to do.

I might be there on 8/26 if my wife and kids have their way.

I have to say some of my best memories are riding rides with my family at MNSSHP. My kids were never interested in the shows or the trick-or-treating or the characters. We bought the tickets because we enjoyed the atmosphere and the crowds were lower than with a regular ticket. We would grab QS for dinner, and the only time we would stop riding rides was to see the parade and the fireworks. This was several years ago, but we could stay on many rides and do them over and over without getting off. My DH and I are going this year just the two of us. We are paying for the party instead of doing a regular ticket, and our main purpose is the rides. We don't have 13 like you do (more like 7), but our time will be spent mainly riding rides. We will take time out to watch the parade and fireworks, and we may trick-or-treat at the end of the night if there is no line. We just love the atmosphere, and the ticket price is worth that to us.

We have done MNSSHP second week of October, midweek, 3 times. Usually arrived about 5:30ish. We did not do characters but got in 10-11 rides along with trick or treating, parade, snack and fireworks each time. But we are just 2 adults. If you are there on a less busy night and the kids can really power through then I think you could reasonably meet your 13 attractions goal.

Yep, 13 is definitely doable, as lostprincess says, we've averaged around 11-12 at midweek parties. We watch fireworks, parades and shows but don't get in lines for the speciality snacks, characters or photo ops. We collect the treats but later in the night when the lines are shorter and only then, when we pass by. We've also taken time out to eat a meal. My tip is enter the park as soon as you're able. We usually do just after the allowed times that we've not in line for long outside. At this time there's usually a good flow of day guests leaving to park hop so that even before the tart time the lines are getting shorter. We usually eat before the start time and then head over to pick up our T or T bags. By 8 ish we've usually hit 3 or 4 rides. Make sure you pick up a show times leaflet and work around the shows, parade and fireworks for the rest of the night.

If you are not trick-or-treating, or meeting characters, not too tired from your travel, and don't mind crisscrossing the park a couple of times (remembering not to get trapped in Adventureland during the parade) then you can easily get 13+ rides done.

It will be slow at first because while you can get into the park at 4 pm with your ticket, the normal park day guests don't have to start leaving until 7 pm. 4-7, there will be lines. And since Disney doesn't remove non-party guests from the line when the party starts (only prevents them from joining the queue) popular rides can take a while to clear the queue.

Plan your coasters during the parade and/or fireworks. Work in smaller rides from 4 - 8 and pick up momentum once the first parade starts.

I think that sounds doable. We are mostly going for rides too. Jungle cruise is the only “ride” that’s closed during the party. Some of the shows like tiki room and country bears ect are closed as well so if they are on the just do list, make sure they are done before 6. There’s only a handful of places staying open for food after 6. My families strategy is to get there at 4, ride Jungle cruise, eat dinner, and then hit any shows closing at 6. Then we’ll see where the night takes us. The lines should get fairly light in the last hour or so. We usually save fantasyland until then because most of the younger kids have gone by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter