MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

Being able and willing to pay the prices as they are set is not a function of ignorance or foolishness, it is simply a matter of economics and perceived value. Just because some people find it worthwhile to go to Disney or buy tickets for an event when you don't does not mean that they are less intelligent. People spend tons of money to attend a concert or a sporting event, but I wouldn't because I don't really enjoy those things. I don't think those people are stupid though - they just like a band or a football game more than I do. It's their money, not mine.

I totally agree and your reply was a lot nicer than mine would have been.

Well everyone has an opinion. I’ve been told I’m crazy for even going to Disney and spending that much money on an overpriced theme park. Actually most people in my life think spending money on a Disney vacation is insane.
As a DVC member, I don’t think it’s crazy at all. It’s all about the memories that we are creating with our kids and grandkids. You can’t take it with you, so enjoy while we are all on this side of the green grass.

I’m pretty set that we want to do this BUT my only concern is that we will only keep our October reservation if indoor masks are gone and more shows are open. I want fireworks back too. If I’m a betting person I think all of these things will be back but you never know.

With the tickets being non refundable it makes me nervous to purchase them but I think they’ll sell out quickly too. Especially since we would do Halloween night.

Decisions, decisions!

My kids will be the same ages when we go in october and have done parties before and have all done amazing, they usually leave wanting more...lol
That's really good to hear. Do you have any tips? Do you get them to nap during the day or something so they can stay up?

I’m pretty set that we want to do this BUT my only concern is that we will only keep our October reservation if indoor masks are gone and more shows are open. I want fireworks back too. If I’m a betting person I think all of these things will be back but you never know.

With the tickets being non refundable it makes me nervous to purchase them but I think they’ll sell out quickly too. Especially since we would do Halloween night.

Decisions, decisions!

I do think Halloween night will sell out at any price.

Decisions, decisions!
Typically, you have villains after hours event in June and July, and MNSSHP starting in August. So with this being an after hour event, price is not far off VAH pricing. It will be limited capacity ticket sales, I’m quite sure it will be a sell out event. Halloween will be at the 199/per ticket too. Early ticket sales start on the 8th, I’m definitely booking at 8am for our trip.

Hmmm now I’m wondering whether they will bring back the DAH in the parks again in near future

Decisions, decisions!
Not sure about the fireworks, but I bet masks will be gone by then and more shows open too. They are already shortening distancing in cue lines and getting rid of extended cues. A video I recently watched had people packed in like sardines in some cues.

Typically, you have villains after hours event in June and July, and MNSSHP starting in August. So with this being an after hour event, price is not far off VAH pricing. It will be limited capacity ticket sales, I’m quite sure it will be a sell out event. Halloween will be at the 199/per ticket too. Early ticket sales start on the 8th, I’m definitely booking at 8am for our trip.

I’m behind on this thread— was 8 am confirmed?

I'm just glad they aren't closing MK early 4 days a week this fall. Although, I understand with the 50th they weren't going to do that anyway, so this is a win for them.

I think its overpriced, just as I thought DAH was overpriced, and the parties have become overpriced.

But I get the appeal. Just with a family of 5 too much for us at the moment vs what I feel it's worth.

Obligatory I don't begrudge others for choosing to go. Just putting in my .02.

I think they should have charged 2K per person and had even fewer people ;)

Price to level of exclusion so that they can say it's a better experience for people who are willing to pay.

As you can see from this thread of Disney die hards, they've lost a bunch of people for this event, but enough will buy so they get more revenue with less people. This is the ideal situation for the company and the direction they are heading for the near future.

Making more money with less expenses is the perfect model.

There is a line somewhere though, and Chapek is going to snuggle right up to that line.

He’ll cross that line and wonder what just happened, And he’ll double down on his error

Do we think the emails are guest specific or will all resort guests be able to call on the 8th? Sorry if this was asked and answered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter