MNSSHP - Trying to decide if it is worth doing

My vote is yes!! If your budget allows, I would totally do it. I have done both the Halloween and Christmas parties and prefer Halloween so much that I am purposely going back this year to attend Halloween night. The parade is fantastic! I felt odd at first to Trick or Treat as an adult but the CMs assured me that yes, do it, that's what it's here for and have fun! I cannot tell you how much fun it was to Trick or Treat again at age 27 after so many years of not having done it. Sitting in the hub grass, eating tons of candy and ice cream while waiting for the fireworks was just so fun. I say go!!
Ok, so our stay is November 1 - 6 but after reading this, I talked everyone into doing the party on October 31. My son was flying in with his family on Oct. 31 but I convinced him to come in October 30 (he got a late flight so the kids won't miss that day of school) and he was upset that they would miss trick or treating. I found him flights for 104.00 each, and bought MNSSHP tickets so now he's all in. Also very happy they won't miss trick or treat. The big "must do" Jack and Sally and Moana if she's there.

We went last year for the first time and we did not have a good experience. It rained for a few hours and that was the main reason why we didn’t have a good time. The shows were canceled and the parades and fire works happened but were jammed together time wise. We went on a Friday and the lines for characters were really long and the treat lines were long as well. That being said we are giving the Christmas party a chance this year. Hopefully it will not rain and we are going on a week night. I am hoping the crowd will be a little less. Plus we are not going to try and meet characters. We basically have changed our expectations for the parties.

We went for the first time last year and we loved it. Lines are long for everything except the rides but that’s what we wanted to do. The atmosphere and the truck or treating just added to a great night. I recommend it.

it absolutely was not worth it when we went last two times. It was before but they sell too many tickets and everything is packed.

I did it in 2015 and I think it might be worth it just once? The parade was awesome and the themeing and decorations were awesome. But the trick or treating was just barrels of candy cast members tossed in your bag. If the extra cost is not a burden, I say go for it. But if the cost makes you pause, it might not be worth it.

We loved MNSSHP and are attending for the second time this August. (I'm hoping being that it'll be two months away from Halloween won't take away from our enjoyment of the party.) The parade was our favorite part of the party, but also enjoyed low crowds, low wait times for attractions, trick-or-treating, and seeing everyone in costumes. The entire atmosphere is great! Although I've only attended one previous MNSSHP, I now view it as a "can't miss" if it's going on during a vacation. While I enjoyed the MVMCP, I don't think of that party as a must-do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter