• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mnsshp

glocon

DIS Veteran
I already asked this on someone else's thread and didn't get an answer, so I figured I'd just ask on a new thread...

Do tickets generally sell out before the day of MNSSHP's? We plan on being at WDW on Oct 8 & 9, and want to do MNSSHP on the 8th, but not sure if we will need 2 or 3 tickets to the event. If we wait until sometime in the summer or early fall to get tickets, will they already be all sold out? I know this is a limited ticket event and am a little worried....

Also, if you only go to the MNSSHP, do you need to buy a ticket for the park as well as a MNSSHP ticket?

Thanks all~ we are first timers at this event.... very excited too!

Do tickets generally sell out before the day of MNSSHP's?

Sometimes.

Certain dates (some predictable, some not so predictable) will sell out in advance.

You walk a line between buying tickets "too soon" (and finding bad weather on the night of your party,)
and not buying "soon enough" (and finding that the party on the night(s) of your trip will be sold out.)

For most dates, no. For those within a week or so of Halloween, very possibly.

If you arrive at MK at 4:00p or after, you only need your MNSSHP ticket.

Also, if you only go to the MNSSHP, do you need to buy a ticket for the park as well as a MNSSHP ticket? QUOTE]

You do not need a park ticket for entry into the party. The party ticket is sufficient. In the past, they've let people going to the party into MK starting at around 4pm even though it starts at 7pm.
Some people like to go to a park in the morning, so in that case you would need to use a park ticket for early entry.

Thanks everyone- this is exactly what I needed to know.

Love these boards!

:disrocks:

FWIW - we went this year on 9/27. We waited to buy our tickets the day before in case they were calling for bad weather. We got tickets, but some time after we bought ours on the 26th, the party sold out. However, I do not think this is typical for earlier parties. The week we were there coincided with the 40th anniversary which drew in higher than normal crowds.

Normally it is expected that those that do not have the Advance Purchase Discounted Price will sell out.

FWIW - we went this year on 9/27. We waited to buy our tickets the day before in case they were calling for bad weather. We got tickets, but some time after we bought ours on the 26th, the party sold out. However, I do not think this is typical for earlier parties. The week we were there coincided with the 40th anniversary which drew in higher than normal crowds.

Yeah we were there too - it really FELT sold out! :rotfl2: It must have been due to the 40th Anniversary though as we went to another one on October 2nd and the crowds were very low!

im thinking about going on the day before halloween and halloween in 2014 how far in advance should i get those tickets?

im thinking about going on the day before halloween and halloween in 2014 how far in advance should i get those tickets?

Don't wait too long after they become available.

Figure the tickets will go on sale about May-June of 2014.

We were there that night, it was misery. Anyway I think there were many factors that caused that was it was the last CM discount night of the year, they had DVC, AP, and FL resident discounts and (the #1 factor IMO) the world of WDW bloggers had descended upon WDW to cover the 40th anniversary and added the party on. From my research this is the first Sept party every to sell out.

They won't go on sale until May-ish 2014. If weather is not a concern to you, then I would get them when they go on sale. However, I would not expect them to sell out immediately--you will likely have weeks if not longer before they disappear.

Planning a little ahead, huh? ;)

We were there that night, it was misery. Anyway I think there were many factors that caused that was it was the last CM discount night of the year, they had DVC, AP, and FL resident discounts and (the #1 factor IMO) the world of WDW bloggers had descended upon WDW to cover the 40th anniversary and added the party on. From my research this is the first Sept party every to sell out.

I think you're right. The September 30 party three days later would be the second, then. :)

We're planning for 10/21. I'd really like to wait until we see a weather report, given that we need five tickets and have two little ones. Rain would be a bummer. Don't want to miss out though. Will it sell out. That's right, I need you all to look into your crystal balls.:rotfl2:

Will it sell out.

On Halloween night?

-Yes.

----------------------------------

On Oct. 21?

Crystal-Ball-OutOrder-LgB.jpg

They won't go on sale until May-ish 2014. If weather is not a concern to you, then I would get them when they go on sale. However, I would not expect them to sell out immediately--you will likely have weeks if not longer before they disappear.

Planning a little ahead, huh? ;)

yeah

I too am looking to go on Oct 8th. We have been to a number of these hard tix events and have always purchased day of and never had a problem. However, Oct 8th is the Columbus Day holiday and I am concerned it will sell out. I am sure this is a silly question, but if it rains and the Hallowishes and the parade are cancelled, do you get your money back?

I too am looking to go on Oct 8th. We have been to a number of these hard tix events and have always purchased day of and never had a problem. However, Oct 8th is the Columbus Day holiday and I am concerned it will sell out. I am sure this is a silly question, but if it rains and the Hallowishes and the parade are cancelled, do you get your money back?

I wouldn't expect Oct 8th to sell out because although it is a holiday, the next day isn't, meaning that it probably won't be an attractive date for locals. (Friday night parties are usually more crowded because locals tend to go to those since the next day isn't a work or school day.)

As far as I know, they don't give refunds due to weather (or any other reason for that matter.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter