Mobile Dining Payment Question

jade'nsuch

Mouseketeer
My family is 3 adults on one MDE account. I was wondering if multiple people in one MDE can place and pay for separate orders? We intended to pay separately with gift cards but now we're not sure if we can.

You would be way better served just consolidating and end of each day dividing up.

Great thing about gift cards is you can transfer balances.

You in theory could do anything though and keep changing CC and place 3 orders one after another.

You would be way better served just consolidating and end of each day dividing up.

You in theory could do anything though and keep changing CC and place 3 orders one after another.

Agree with this poster.

Otherwise, OP, have the other adults create their own MDE accounts if they want to pay separately.

While not wrong, this is insufficiently correct.

You can ONLY transfer the full amount of a giftcard to another giftcard. There is no way to move just a certain amount (say, the cost of a meal) from card A to card B.

As mentioned, the simplest solution is have everyone set up a separate MDE account and link them all. Each person can then use their own giftcard for Mobile Order.

Steve

You can ONLY transfer the full amount of a giftcard to another giftcard. There is no way to move just a certain amount (say, the cost of a meal) from card A to card B.

As mentioned, the simplest solution is have everyone set up a separate MDE account and link them all. Each person can then use their own giftcard for Mobile Order.

Steve
Thank you, we were just trying to avoid the divvying and math nonsense. We'll definitely go the way of multiple MDE accounts

Steve

Ah shoot you are right.

For whatever reason I thought you could but 100% can not just full balance transfer.

You can use a giftcard for mobile orders? This is news to me! Do you load it into your MDE or just type it in at checkout?

You can use a giftcard for mobile orders? This is news to me! Do you load it into your MDE or just type it in at checkout?
I was messing around with it and it looks like you can pay through the app with it. Hopefully it'll keep the gift card info filled in but I'm not sure. Can't win them all lol

I was messing around with it and it looks like you can pay through the app with it. Hopefully it'll keep the gift card info filled in but I'm not sure. Can't win them all lol
I was just playing around with it, too, to see if it would keep the gift card info. While the process did save for the immediate order it did not save the gift card info for the next order. Unless I was doing something incorrectly. 🤷 If anyone has a tip let us know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter