Mobile network 3...all you can eat data?

missnic07

DIS Veteran
I'm sure I read on here (and on the 3 website) that you can get a pay as you go sim and buy an add on for £15 and you get unlimited data which can be used internationally.
I got a SIM card a few months ago and i thought I'd top it up now since we leave in 15 days (only there for 12 nights so it would have been fine for the 30 days you get), but now I can't find anything about it being unlimited internationally? Everything I read is saying it's UK only. Any help would be appreciated :)

Ahh I've just saw you CAN use it in the USA (there's a 25gb limit, but I'm sure I wouldn't come anywhere close to using that!) BUT sim only customers must have been using the sim for at least 30 days before u can use the add on effectively :(

You'll be fine sim only is for those on a monthly contract elsewhere moving over to three and not buying a new phone. Pay as you go is enabled straight away, just been to France and enabled it straight off, there is a bit on the website if I can find it I'll post the link.

You'll be fine sim only is for those on a monthly contract elsewhere moving over to three and not buying a new phone. Pay as you go is enabled straight away, just been to France and enabled it straight off, there is a bit on the website if I can find it I'll post the link.

Ooh that's great news! Thanks so much for replying, I was about to throw it away :)

"* To benefit from Feel At Home, SIM only phone customers must have been with Three for more than 30 days.
If you're on Pay As You Go, all you need to do is convert your credit into an Add-on. You can then use the allowance in any Feel At Home destination."

Also you should get a text when the phone is first switched on, as it's pay as you go then you won't have a lot to worry about but the text will reassure you that all is in order and you are all set to use roaming with no fear of large charges, just make sure you have added the add on for all you can eat data before you go.

"Feel At Home works automatically when you arrive in a Feel At Home destination. Make sure data roaming is switched on in your device's settings. First, you’ll get a text confirming the standard international roaming charges for the country you’re in. Then you’ll get a text confirming that calls and texts back to the UK and using data are at no extra cost. Don't forget that when you're calling or texting back to the UK, you'll need to replace the first 0 in the number you're calling or texting with +44."

We used our Three mobiles last month for 16 nights. We used the Wifi in parks and hotel then the Data anywhere else, myself & DW used around 150mb each, DS who is on his phone all day used about 850mb. No idea how the average person uses over 1gb so 25gb is a massive amount.

Anyone thinking about using Three watch Amazon for the SIM, preloaded with 300mins, 3000 texts & unlimited data. Price is currently £12.57 but keeps dropping as low as £8.43

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Three-Adapters-Preloaded-minutes-Unlimited/product/B00ABJ0WA8

Thanks for the tip Wayne.
It's such a great deal that I'm sure a lot of people aren't aware of!

I put the sim in my phone and had a bit of a 'duh' moment - my phone needs unlocked to accept the 3 sim (I'm currently with EE). So that's my next task lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter