Mobile Ordering

stink

DIS Veteran
Prior trips staying at the Beach Club Villas, I mobile ordered from Boardwalk Pizza WIndow and the Market at the Ale & Compass, now I am seeing a pop up message on MDE that mobile ordering is only available to guests staying at the specific resort. Is that accurate ?

When Disney reopened after the Pandemic, people who were staying off-site would Uber to Contemporary or Grand Floridian, and then walk to Magic Kingdom from there. This saved them from having to go to Transportation & Ticket Center and then take the ferry boat or monorail from there to Magic Kingdom.

Disney tried to prevent this by requiring people to have a restaurant reservation to get past the guard at the guard shacks of those hotels.

People then tried placing mobile orders at the quick service restaurants at these hotels so that the guard would let them past the guard shack. They didn't even have to get the food; they could cancel the mobile order rather than tapping that they were there to pick up the food.

Disney tried to prevent this by restricting mobile ordering at Contemporary and Grand Floridian quick service restaurants to people staying at the resort.

It's possible that Disney could decide to do the same at hotels near Epcot, but I had not heard that they were doing this.

Parking at the resort is the problem. If you come in on Disney transportation or walk to the resort, no parking, you can mobile order. Took boat from WL(staying there) to GF. Walked to Poly, and picked up my mobile order there this last Nov.

Last edited:
I even got that message for Art of Animation while staying at Pop. Husband just walked over there and ordered to go.we didn’t try to bypass the screen and just order, so not sure if it is possible or not.

When Disney reopened after the Pandemic, people who were staying off-site would Uber to Contemporary or Grand Floridian, and then walk to Magic Kingdom from there. This saved them from having to go to Transportation & Ticket Center and then take the ferry boat or monorail from there to Magic Kingdom.

Disney tried to prevent this by requiring people to have a restaurant reservation to get past the guard at the guard shacks of those hotels.

People then tried placing mobile orders at the quick service restaurants at these hotels so that the guard would let them past the guard shack. They didn't even have to get the food; they could cancel the mobile order rather than tapping that they were there to pick up the food.

Disney tried to prevent this by restricting mobile ordering at Contemporary and Grand Floridian quick service restaurants to people staying at the resort.

It's possible that Disney could decide to do the same at hotels near Epcot, but I had not heard that they were doing this.
During very busy times (they had the alert pop up on MDE for the last couple weeks), they will only allow mobile orders for those staying at those hotels. This went for the monorail hotels, boardwalk area hotels, and I even saw it for Riviera. So they still use it, and use it for anywhere that is easy to get to a park.

Parking at the resort is the problem. If you come in on Disney transportation or walk to the resort, no parking, you can mobile order. Took boat from WL(staying there) to GF. Walked to Poly, and picked up my mobile order there this last Nov.
Was this recently? If it was, it's good to know the resort to resort boats are back up and running. They've been down since the property closed. Only resorts to Magic Kingdom and back have been running.

so you were staying at beach club and it would not let you place an order for ale and compass?

So if I take the Skyliner to Epcot and walkover to the Boardwalk Pizza Window, I won’t be able to mobile order? Can I order at the window? I stayed at the Boardwalk recently after Disney reopened and the Pizza Window was only accepting Mobile Order?

that’s upsetting. We are in the same situation right now. Wanted to take the Skyliner to Epcot and walkover to the Pizza Window.

I was at WDW till Nov 14, 2021, stayed at WDW resorts. We didn't have a car, so used WDW transportation to other resorts to eat. Most were mobile ordering, others we had a reservation.

Prior trips staying at the Beach Club Villas, I mobile ordered from Boardwalk Pizza WIndow and the Market at the Ale & Compass, now I am seeing a pop up message on MDE that mobile ordering is only available to guests staying at the specific resort. Is that accurate ?

I got this message a few times when I was there in July and just ignored it. Using Disney transportation (or just my ECV), I ate at Captain Cook's from VGF often, Riviera (just taking the Skyliner), even Contempo Cafe (again from VGF). No one ever questioned me.

that’s upsetting. We are in the same situation right now. Wanted to take the Skyliner to Epcot and walkover to the Pizza Window.
I used mobile ordering as I found it easier and quicker. But most have a place you could order at a register. I was staying at the Pop at the time. Don't know about the Pizza Window, I ate at the Bakery.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter